Question: Platinum starter pack for an already existing avatar

TontonX

Dominant
Society
LargeGamer.com
Marco Magnifico Schiffano
I recently came back to Entropia last week after a long break (some already know this :sneaky:)

Everytime i log in i have this window, and so far i have clicked "cancel" because i want to take my time to redo my appearance.

appearance1.png

Meanwhile... I went on the webshop and saw this attractive "platinum starter kit"

platinum1.png

It seems to offer WAY more value than what we pay for... so i might be interested one of those days :D

the thing is... i noticed it also offers extra options for appearance, but "only if we're still in the starting room"

extra.png

I am out of this starting room since a long time... But ! as i said at the beginning, the option is given to me to redo my appearance...

Do you think that if i take the Platinum Starter Pack, then launch the game and click Ok to customize my appearance, that the "extra options" of the pack would still apply ? ;)

If anyone was in my case and did it, i am eager to hear your experience on the matter !

And at worst i guess i'll have to ask support directly.

I just want to be sure i'll benefit from everything this starter pack has to offer :cool:(y)

You will only get one face-change chance, unless you buy the starter pack after you use the "freebie". But if you really need a do-over, well.... :p

As for the starter packs, splurge a little and get the platinum. It's a one-time thing and might as well get more then you want, not less.

Correction, I remember now the plat pack did NOT allow me to redo my appearance.
So yeah you have your one freebie for being "old" and that's it.

While we're on the subject, are there any limitations on when/how many times you can buy the packs? Like can you buy all of the starter packs fifty times as an old avatar?

i second the gold pack. meh to the platinum. don't buy packs more than once since you can't get rid of stuff you don't need and generally you only need one sinkadus. as for avatar creation. just do it already lol. I don't know what the extra option for avatar creation would be but it's probably not much special.

While we're on the subject, are there any limitations on when/how many times you can buy the packs? Like can you buy all of the starter packs fifty times as an old avatar?

don't buy packs more than once since you can't get rid of stuff
Agreed. The package items are ava-bound and can't be traded, sold, etc. Big PITA to have multiple copies of items taking space in storage you can't get rid of.

I’d say buy the gold pack instead
I still have unused items from platinum pack after almost 6 years
That's interesting, which items are "unused" ? are these useless or because they're only used in very very specific situations ?

Gold starter pack is good for the Z12 barbarella, a very eco rifle, and its attachments.
the most itneresting, despite the low TT Value, is the ZX sinkadus, an enery amplifier that can be added to the TT Pistol to have a nice combo for small creatures at zero MU
you can buy more than one, and in that case you can use the second ZX to avoid repairing to terminal very often,
but the otehr items can not be destroyed so they will eat storage speace.
get a decay copter from Hunt The thing, or a vehicle from NI, and as it is decayed use its inventory as "storage extender"
gl

That's interesting, which items are "unused" ? are these useless or because they're only used in very very specific situations ?
I would get the Gold Pack for the UL ZX Sinkadus Amp. Most of the items are easily outgrown. But that amp is great.

Also i have noticed 2 things

Increased Run on the armor parts... does it mean i will outrun a berycled ? ^_^ (can't atm)

Strength 8%... Is it to increase storage capacity ? (not that i really need it...)

Also i have noticed 2 things

Increased Run on the armor parts... does it mean i will outrun a berycled ? ^_^ (can't atm)

Strength 8%... Is it to increase storage capacity ? (not that i really need it...)

No, "Strength" here is the amount of extra speed you will get (+8% movement speed).

Read it as "Strength of the buff given" by the armor.

Last edited:
i second the gold pack. meh to the platinum. don't buy packs more than once since you can't get rid of stuff you don't need and generally you only need one sinkadus. as for avatar creation. just do it already lol. I don't know what the extra option for avatar creation would be but it's probably not much special.
If you no longer want items from a starter pack move them to a planet storage (like foma) and ensure there is nothing else in the foma storage them open support ticket and ask them to purge all the items in foma storage. I’ve bought more than a few starter packs and have gotten rid of the items I don’t want this way.

Just noticed that they removed taming items from the starter packs, this is good for whoever's buying now I think. And to what's been said above I would like to add that the armor is good for mining since it has a running speed buff, combine that with a cheap hermetic ring and you're set.

No, "Strength" here is the amount of extra speed you will get (+8% movement speed).

Read it as "Strength of the buff given" by the armor.
go to Cyrene and buy a maze hammer from the docks and you'll get another small speed buff for fairly cheaply.

Your unused redo option (from vu14, I suppose) already includes everything that the packs offer - the fully unlocked sliders in the avatar design UI (they are limited to the central half of their width for the new avatars without the packs).

This is actually not correct. I still have my VU 14 avatar remake and a LOT of options are locked. The only way this MIGHT hold is for someone who didn't use their VU 10 remake, which had everything available at the time unlocked, but my understanding has always been that the VU 14 remake would overwrite the VU 10 remake if you didn't use the VU 10 remake in time.

I bought the plat pack when I started. I like the z12/sinkadus/scope. I still use this weapon every day to tag mobs when I'm grinding. the run speed buff on the armor with an hermetic ring is very nice for mining. Its your money, you decide what you want to use.

This is actually not correct. I still have my VU 14 avatar remake and a LOT of options are locked. The only way this MIGHT hold is for someone who didn't use their VU 10 remake, which had everything available at the time unlocked, but my understanding has always been that the VU 14 remake would overwrite the VU 10 remake if you didn't use the VU 10 remake in time.
I still have the VU 10 remake , though wasn't sure if i would lose the option if i practiced with it.

VU14 offer was a complete remake too, I used up mine in early 2018 to adjust the height, everything was unlocked then. If it's not now, then it was changed after that date.

Last edited:
I still have the VU 10 remake , though wasn't sure if i would lose the option if i practiced with it.
Yes you can play and press cancel (I think the button says).

If I’m not mistaken this used to be one of the ways people could unhide the radar in PVP 4 many many years ago. Which I only assume was fixed years ago as I have not heard of it being mentioned for sometime. (Also I never tried in PVP)

Just noticed that they removed taming items from the starter packs, this is good for whoever's buying now I think. And to what's been said above I would like to add that the armor is good for mining since it has a running speed buff, combine that with a cheap hermetic ring and you're set.
I am not familiar with mining... Well let's say i used some probes but the poor results bored me very fast :cautious:, but how is running speed related to mining ?

probably won't matter since the new game engine vu will probably have another remake?

but how is running speed related to mining ?
You need to run around a lot when you mine, so with better running speed things will go faster.

The best Item is the [LV Lupus 4x4 (L)] This little 4x4 replaces your noob car and does not get stuck on hills. If your out hunting a low spawn mob or just moving around to get to a better spot this is the car! Launches just about anywhere, fast, and no lag like the bigger vehicles. You can buy as many packs as you want but you will get stuck with the armor sets and cannot be sold or traded! I have two sets. Looks like now they can be upgraded! So maybe I will revisit them. Also they used to make everyone look FAT!! but now they seem to be more right sized,

Last edited:
The best Item is the [LV Lupus 4x4 (L)] This little 4x4 replaces your noob car and does not get stuck on hills.
Well as i never had the chance to get the noob car (combat skill too high to participate to Thule), i'll definitely benefit from a car ^_^

Looks like now they can be upgraded! So maybe I will revisit them.
I didnt heard about that upgrade.
I know there is 2 different versions, there is a Harrier from cheaper pack, and there is an adjusted Harrier at the expensiver pack's, i dont think they upgradeable.
Checked now, there are 3 different, cheapest pack Harrier scout, silver pack Harrier Assault, Gold and Platinum Adjusted Harrier Assault.

Well i ended doing my avatar before paying for the starter pack, and there were many things locked during the whole design, guess these were the "extra options" given by the pack.

So no full shaved head and full 3 days beard for me like in real life 😭 (though these were maybe not in the extra...)

Back