Player Content Questions.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
What does price per Ad mean on an Xlite-W screen? I've never played with PC before much... does price per ad mean price to upload and have the ad run one time, or does it stay on the screen like on a sign... i.e. how long does the price per ad cost allow the ad to stay on the screen?.... is it a daily cost?

I believe it is the cost to upload the advert to the screen. Once there it costs nothing more. (Consider it "paying the printer to print your poster". Once printed there are no more charges.)

From the Participant Guide link on the top of the EU login page; look under Ad System Guide, Private signs and screens section:

Fees
A standard upload fee of 30 PED.
A dynamic upload fee of 5 PEC/Kb based on the size of the uploaded content.
An content value deposit (25 percent of the standard plus dynamic fees) which is paid when uploading files to your content files. This deposit is refunded when the content is removed.
Deterioration of Signs, Screens and Displays when content is applied.
Upload Fees are only paid once, regardless of how many Signs, Screens or Displays are showing the content. Content can only be removed when no Signs, Screens or Displays are showing the content.

That section also gives you the info on how to create PC pictures/ads if you decide to go ahead and make some.

the decay is a one time decay and the ad stays on the screen forever until you remove it..

if you put PC content however you'll have an additional upload fee that comes from your ped card not the tt of the sign.

cool...

Ok, now I get it... there's a fee in decay to upload your own images to the screen, and once that's paid (even if it's a high cost fee somewhat), that's it... no cost per day or per showing of the ad, etc. Cool. I was afraid the ad fee was a fee that was like a maintenance fee on an apartment or something... cost is slightly justified then. Just have to remember that what I want to put on there is definitely something I want to leave on there forever.

Back