Player loots $33000 in one hunt on Planet Calypso - Gamasutra

ta ta

... And that they should deposit a monthly amount they are comfortable with if they lose it. Any wins, are nice, but when you deposit, count it as an expenditure, not investment.

Don't take up advertising, certainly not on MA's behalf.

The attraction to this game is the 'investment-gameplay' combination, gameplay is poor and investment is no longer.

Wollongong said:
... And that they should deposit a monthly amount they are comfortable with if they lose it. Any wins, are nice, but when you deposit, count it as an expenditure, not investment.

Don't take up advertising, certainly not on MA's behalf.

The attraction to this game is the 'investment-gameplay' combination, gameplay is poor and investment is no longer.
I'm with Wollongong on this one: Regarding your deposits as investments would be stupid, if you spend your peds on hunting or other fun stuff. :wise:

You might get lucky, but don't count on it.

First of all, big gratz to Alan Krom Alan on his extremely nice hunting ATH.

This aint the biggest ath, like its stated on this post.

Thats was Paris Dub Hilton's 19 k rugaritz hit which got sold at 2500% and thats 450k peds.

Oh.. and the Atrox Egg..and other special hits.

I'm with Wollongong on this one: Regarding your deposits as investments would be stupid, if you spend your peds on hunting or other fun stuff. :wise:

You might get lucky, but don't count on it.

The whole marketing basis for this game is that the money you put in can be taken back out. Openly informing people that this expectation is "stupid", is not clever. Emphasizing that luck is the prevalent factor won't inspire many to deposit either. - Online poker has a much smaller rake with no initial investment required, free rolls and member bonus's.

You are right in what you say, I'm just surprised it's so easily accepted.

First of all, big gratz to Alan Krom Alan on his extremely nice hunting ATH.

This aint the biggest ath, like its stated on this post.

Thats was Paris Dub Hilton's 19 k rugaritz hit which got sold at 2500% and thats 450k peds.

Oh.. and the Atrox Egg..and other special hits.

MA doesn't care about MU. MU is our problem. TT wise it's the biggest.

lol i did read this as 'player lost 33K$' funny :laugh:

I imagine many replies above mine are the same:

Bullshit.

Is gaming a pure lottery?

Have we become a group of filthy scammers ( which is implied by the bot ) ?

Wtf have we become.

To me a game is a place to avoid reality, not suck ass.

19 pages and the "general mood" on the situation remains the same....

Wonder if MindArk even begins to give a shit about how the player base feels?

Great! Uber PR! Now lets turn a blind eye to the shitty "word of mouth" PR we're gonna get from the ripple effect this ATH will cause.

Menace

19 pages and the "general mood" on the situation remains the same....

They care. But they can't let that control their decisions, and they shouldn't.
The player base will hate MA no matter what they do. At least the majority of those who post on the forums.

You know how it works: Whatever MA does, a lot of people will complain they should have done something else. Or done it differently.

The only thing we can all agree on, is that MAs communication skills sucks. ;)

They care. But they can't let that control their decisions, and they shouldn't.
The player base will hate MA no matter what they do. At least the majority of those who post on the forums.

You know how it works: Whatever MA does, a lot of people will complain they should have done something else. Or done it differently.

The only thing we can all agree on, is that MAs communication skills sucks. ;)

Good point. I just can't help but wonder how many new players signed up.... Asked about the big loot in chat... And were given the cold hard truth and quit?
How many quit after finding out how much this "fairly new" player spent in order to be able to hunt that mulmun?

Its good advertising as far as 'wtf is EU?' Goes.... But beyond that it does more harm than good.

Menace

Menace

No, they don't... They NEVER have and they Never will... You, and lot's of other people have been around long enough to know this, but you all continue to deposit and cling to a blind hope.

You are exactly the players Mindark wants = Cashcows.

i remember paris dub hilton looting 20-22k ruga ingot at that time 10k % so i think thats the highest loot :wise::wise::wise:

Last edited:
Back