Please Disable Trapping in Cyclops Depths...

I did several runs on marcimex and reavers, each of which equalled me a result of -900 ped on 3k ammo, which is a rediculously bad return imho. Is it a crime saving on some armor decay in this case? (24-29 ped)

you save nothing because MA always adjust they don't "lose" only player do, so for the run you save few armor decay everyone with lost a little % it's how ma fix the bug ... they do nothing else just adjust the average return of everyone to compensate.

It's why i stop playing at high level with the ma politic it's useless because of the multiple change made in game for compensate all abuse. The most visible adjustment is the skill nerf but a lot more have been done, and the % return is adjust so when player abuse of this king of bug and "win more" or "lose less" all other player need to pay for that.

Killing mob this way http://youtu.be/dOBPXJ9n46A can save few ped in armor decay / weapon decay and ammo but in the end ma will just adjust the average loot for everyone and everyone lose more because few player can't be play fair.

Do that one or two time for test and help u when a big mob attack you can be understandable but do that for hour is clearly bug abusing for me and the only way for that is ban but ma don't think this way they don't care because in the end they lose nothing (except maybe few player tired of see that).

I believe the loot is adjusted somehow if the mob doesn't hit you at all.

Probably fewer items or lower tt oils, either way, the markup is not that great based on what I could gather from players doing this type of hunting in the dungeon.

you save nothing because MA always adjust they don't "lose" only player do, so for the run you save few armor decay everyone with lost a little % it's how ma fix the bug ... they do nothing else just adjust the average return of everyone to compensate.

It's why i stop playing at high level with the ma politic it's useless because of the multiple change made in game for compensate all abuse. The most visible adjustment is the skill nerf but a lot more have been done, and the % return is adjust so when player abuse of this king of bug and "win more" or "lose less" all other player need to pay for that.

Killing mob this way http://youtu.be/dOBPXJ9n46A can save few ped in armor decay / weapon decay and ammo but in the end ma will just adjust the average loot for everyone and everyone lose more because few player can't be play fair.

Do that one or two time for test and help u when a big mob attack you can be understandable but do that for hour is clearly bug abusing for me and the only way for that is ban but ma don't think this way they don't care because in the end they lose nothing (except maybe few player tired of see that).

Thank you for explaining this more clearly than i could have. +rep

Leave it to MindArk to do the exact opposite of what they promise :silly2:

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2013[/h]
Many other interface improvements and game system upgrades are also planned for the second quarter of 2013 and beyond, including items such as PVP combat, mission system functionality, vehicle system, removing exploits, expanding crafting, interface enhancements, bug fixing, and much more.

David Simmonds
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

Leave it to MindArk to do the exact opposite of what they promise :silly2:

It seems MA thinks trapping at instances is not classified as an "exploit" - As long as everyone is shooting = more decay for them. I think their perspective is this:
Why should only a few be able to shoot the high lvl mobs in instance and we gain only a fraction of the money we otherwise could've earned, instead of letting everyone else that wants to shoot by trapping, we will lose some decay but the money alone gained from everyone's :handgun::sniper::rocket: will be more than enough to benefit us.

This just proves that MA doesn't care about high lvl players - they care about anyone that can shoot (In instances) at least :D

It seems MA thinks trapping at instances is not classified as an "exploit" - As long as everyone is shooting = more decay for them. I think their perspective is this:
Why should only a few be able to shoot the high lvl mobs in instance and we gain only a fraction of the money we otherwise could've earned, instead of letting everyone else that wants to shoot by trapping, we will lose some decay but the money alone gained from everyone's :handgun::sniper::rocket: will be more than enough to benefit us.

This just proves that MA doesn't care about high lvl players - they care about anyone that can shoot (In instances) at least :D

Or maybe that they were affraid of the mega-whining that would come if mobs got
in anti-trap mode too often, and therefor removed anti-trapping feature? :silly2: ;)
Instead of getting mobs in that state, redo AI and let mobs do area-dmg instead
when stucked... Should solve issue w VTOL-hunting too... ;)

Or maybe that they were affraid of the mega-whining that would come if mobs got
in anti-trap mode too often, and therefor removed anti-trapping feature? :silly2: ;)
Instead of getting mobs in that state, redo AI and let mobs do area-dmg instead
when stucked... Should solve issue w VTOL-hunting too... ;)

If an ordinary player like you could come up with a solution like this, that would kill two birds with one stone, so to speak - Then explain to me, is the IQ requirement to be part of MA staff above 50?
If they really cared about this trapping BS, they would've come up with something a lot sooner and not intentionally, make something as game-breaking as this. They'd at least activate the normal anti trapping feature. :rofl: like MA would give a fu*k about people's whining.
:wise: They haven't in the past and never will!

Just my two pecs. :laugh:

If an ordinary player like you could come up with a solution like this, that would kill two birds with one stone, so to speak - Then explain to me, is the IQ requirement to be part of MA staff above 50?
If they really cared about this trapping BS, they would've come up with something a lot sooner and not intentionally, make something as game-breaking as this. They'd at least activate the normal anti trapping feature. :rofl: like MA would give a fu*k about people's whining.
:wise: They haven't in the past and never will!

Just my two pecs. :laugh:

I think they care about the amount of support cases done when something goes wrong. ;)

Well, to be fair I do know they have a slim "budget" of code per feature.
There are a lot better solutions for a sh*tload of things in EU they could use instead of
excisting code, but that would also increase amount of code a LOT.
Finding a balance between working feature vs amount of code isn't easy.

So no, I doubt IQ has much to do with it, since in reality, measured IQ don't mean much. ;)

Just posted in game :
Trapping monsters inside the new Cyclops Depths dungeon is considered an exploit. Intentional abuse of the disabled anti-trapping logic will from now on be punished.
The anti-trapping logic will be activated in the next Platform Update and will be applied to all instanced areas.

Last edited:
Well it's nice to have that cleared up finally.

Unfortunately the way of resolving it just reinforces the idea that people have to get in and exploit all they can while the exploiting is good, with confidence they can escape any corrective measures.

I'd really like to see some corrective measures for the high looters during the past few weeks to convey a different message than that. It goes against a long tradition in EU, though...

I'd really like to see some corrective measures for the high looters during the past few weeks.

I'd really like to see players holding MA responsible for their shoddy programming and testing instead of blaming other players..

I'd really like to see players holding MA responsible for their shoddy programming and testing instead of blaming other players..

No amount of shoddy programming makes a player use a door to trap, or a balcony, or whatever. He always has the option of not exploiting the flaw. I see a whole lot of rationalization and that's about it.

I'm not happy with the shoddy programming but that's not in any way related with exploiting.

There is a thing in 3d programing that is often called a floor mesh. It helps objects move about the floor for proper pathing (another 3d term). If you have these 2 things done right.....it would work. Too bad the people there seem to not know how to code pathing.

I made a mod for skyrim in 2 days, that had custom seperate pathing working for over 30 npcs and enemies, with AI that reacted to triggers placed within the instance. 2 days, without any experience, not one trapped or stuck mob, ever. I just dont know how you pull it off.

My son did a similar project fairly easy. He is 8. Are you hiring?

I'm not happy with the shoddy programming but that's not in any way related with exploiting.

Shoddy programming and testing has everything to do with exploiting..

MA is well aware of the fact that people will attempt to find any exploit, Yet they fail to prevent this from occurring with each and every update.

MA is solely responsible for the community getting frustrated for exploits being allowed to continually occur year after year.

No amount of shoddy programming makes a player use a door to trap, or a balcony, or whatever.

Considering those examples were stated to be an intended feature by another planet partner, you can't blame people for using it.

MA is the one that has flip-flopped here. Getting pissed off at the players for using what was believed to be a valid tactic is uncalled for.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but here is my 2 pecs:

The only part of trapping that I was concerned about was at the door for the big Mercimex.
When I saw it, I honestly felt nothing uneasy about what was happening. All it would take MA is ONE
test run to see the mob doesn't fit though the friggin door. It wasn't even anything a player really had to do to make that happen. So IMO it was players taking advantage, but in any case of EU history I'd have to say this one is on MA. And it was PVP so people that were pissed about it can spend their peds shooting the players (MA still wins)

Also I know it still is unfair, but when I sit and shoot 20+ peds ammo into a mob and it gives me 10 back I don't feel bad that it didn't take armor/fap decay. You are still putting up the peds to shoot the whole dang thing. I don't want the whole game like that AT ALL. I'm just saying, it's not like people were getting something for free there.

I may have said too much. I'm glad to see they will fix it... and i'm even more glad to see the Pyro mob is now shared loot. IMO that was MA taking advantage of us. Which reminds me of the time-outs that were not announced. I lost a few mobs from that happening... again MA advantage.

Gotta love some of the self-serving justifications in this thread.:laugh:

"Sure I trapped, but only a little bit! It's MA's fault, I only trapped because they make it possible. Besides, my loot was bad, so it's ok."

Better hope your accounts aren't flagged now...try those arguments when the banhammer comes down: I'm sure MA will be sympathetic. :lolup:

Back