Please Help 120k peds Mistake!

Status
The problem is the system is set up to be abused; and it was. Call him a reseller or whatever you will - what did his order say?

If his order was correct and nor a scamming/robbing one then fine. If it was looking for a mistake how dare anyone defend him.

the highest order allways gets the deal so i doubt that his was the only order

You've never made a mistake?

Seriously?

I am not in the habit of giving -reps because it doesn't do a thing to sway someone's opinion. But I am irate enough to do so now, and depending on momentary mood across the day I will. All you haters and blaring "you stupid enough to make that mistake" ought to be grabbed by the throat and given a good shaking. It is friggin' TOO EASY to make this mistake, almost like a trap laid out. Otherwise it wouldn't keep coming back like about once a month and costing someone a fortune.

FFS the guys losses 12 thousand US dollars, the least we can offer him as community support is a "cuddle".

There's some horrible comments here, I read it and wonder why I continue playing....what a bunch of total c**ts.

Rick

Bah, come on. This is not a simple mistake and should not be seen as one. Firstly, depositing your life investment is wrong and as other said, you should not invest what you are not prepared to lose in a game, stocks or whatever. Secondly, auctioning out that life investment while admitting being drunk is not something you should sympathize over. Thirdly, by sympathizing about this and doing nothing just make you seem more shitty than those that criticize this behavior. If you feel so bad for this player then start a donation towards getting him back the money, and lets see how much you all really care about this player.

Yeah this will seems really shitty for some of you and I will probably get -rep by stating my honest opinion, but this is reality. Mindark will not do anything about this since it is a auction that legally gone through and that is the way it should be. What Mindark can do is add (optional) additional layers of security when auctioning items. For example, forcing players to entering an Entropia pocket code each time you add a item that has markup over 1000 ped. Although this will not stop people from being extremely reckless and still make such horrible f*ckups as this one.

Last edited:
and what if teh buyer, who seems to be a trader, is being a trader because he needs a way to gather ab it of money for something important? maybe medical treatment. or maybe paying mortgage in his house. this day could have helped him a lot. just remember, there are allways two sides.
and as it seems ,alcohol was involved, as well as investing because of higher returns than on a bank. well the higher returns resulting in a higher risk. you should know the risks when investing in something.
and really i dotn give a single flying fuck for a -rep lol. dont know why people should care about that?

this show me what kind of person u are ...im done

For the second person already who chose to misunderstand what I wrote above: I did NOT say the buyer made any mistake or even committed a crime, and I called for not judging before he had a chance to react. I did say that I will judge depending on the outcome of this situation, as has happened before and, sadly, is destined to happen again. I reserve the right to pass such judgement by criteria other than and above mere technical legality, and derive my future dealings from it.

We had this already so many times that devising a solution was called for. Here is an earlier attempt:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ffered-price&p=3532565&viewfull=1#post3532565

I suggest to consider that trying to be constructive is a better pastime than unloading scorn. Is this how people satisfy themselves? Just disgusting.

Wait a minute, for me there is a big problem with the pricing of this item as tt+.

Even in this thread, looking shortly at the screenshot, i was like "ok he sold 2k deeds for 68 ped a piece, where is the problem?".

Further reading, I understand he sold the whole stack for the price of 1? Please tell me I understand wrong, because this is not right, I would commit same mistake being 100% sober, because that's what I understand, that the order is per stack and price is per unit (similar to ores, if you want).

Support case sent and I encourage everyone who thinks this is wrong to do the same. And no, is not even about Mary Jane, I completely dislike this player, but what is wrong is wrong ffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
I suggest to consider that trying to be constructive is a better pastime than unloading scorn. Is this how people satisfy themselves? Just disgusting.

Im not taking it with you but your are unfair with your post interpretation.
Few people understand you wrong because of the following:
"if you dont do the RIGHT thing (which dont mean is right but means which I consider right) I'll punch you in da face". And than add: "but cmon, we are friends, lets do it well =)"
Its very wrong.
P.S. The second part of the message wasnt refered to you, but for the rest in general.
Peace.

Alright....enough of this bullsh*t, guys.

- Helping OP contact the fella is a positive thing to do
- Bringing it to MA's attention is helpful
- Giving him support is too
- Not saying a thing is okay I guess
- But arguing about what he's done wrong ISN'T!

Put yourself in his shoes....its a freaking 12k USD. Months of salary we're talking about here.

Do you think the arguing your bringing about here is helping him in any way? I'm pretty sure he's already beating himself up and he DEFINITELY doesn't need any more of your help in bashing him up further.

The blaming game has to stop.

And if you think that "all trades are final" (full stop).

Then what about the privateer or mothership (can't remember the name) scam incident that got people banned?

What about that time when some MA official made a mistake and traded piles of CLDs to one player for dirt cheap?

What happened to that trade? Was it "all trades are final" there?

Small-time trades may be one thing....but when the stakes are high enough, you better be sure that MA does something about it or its not going to help you (as a player inhabiting this game)....and definitely not the game itself (in the long run).

That's my opinion.

Few people understand you wrong because of the following:
"if you dont do the RIGHT thing (which dont mean is right but means which I consider right) I'll punch you in da face". And than add: "but cmon, we are friends, lets do it well =)"
Its very wrong.
P.S. The second part of the message wasnt refered to you, but for the rest in general.
Peace.

I did not say "punch you in da face", but "will not trade with you in the future". The addition is pure fabrication, I have never said that. People misunderstand others because they want to. They choose to ignore statements threatening to derail the agenda they have in their heads at the moment, or even pretend something else was said. Quite used to it in these circles.

Things which are right and things someone considers right: Do you believe in absolute values, and if so, which should this be? Within the same legal framework as the above has happened, it is my right to refuse dealing with or entertaining anybody without the slightest obligation to even give a reason. Nor am I forbidden to let them know in advance, if this is in reaction to possible decisions of theirs. I consider this fair.

First of all, best wishes to the OP and hope the situation resolves in a satisfactory way.

One thing I noticed on AH is the fact that when you put on order for deeds you have to add price and amount therefore anyone putting on order for 2k deeds would have to lock 120k peds for that order if priced at current prices and that seems very unlikely to me(who has 120k peds to regularly lock in single order???). On the other hand, if order was for less than 2k deeds then the system shouldn't sell to the buyer regardless of the price because the amount is too high, that would only seem reasonable and could somehow help with such mistakes.

Of course, there is a possibility buyer was just lucky to buy off auction very fast or had an order aimed at mistakes like that. Anyhow, hope the guy values his integrity more than money.

As for the flamers in this thread, if you only care about yourself and self-righteousness you might as well keep your opinions to yourself.

P.S.: For those who don't understand why person should give money back. It's because it's not rightfully his, he got lucky on expense of another player's misfortune, and not because he was a good trader or a good player. Like it was mentioned before if you find $10k cash you're obliged to give it back by law in most countries even without moral obligation. Unfortunately, people who don't know integrity or have sense of right and wrong will never understand that.

Hope u get it back mate.

But didn't MA retrieve a Mod Hedoc or a fap just a few month back due to someone "borrowed" and wouldn't return it? (Even though MA states all trades are final)

as by EULA MA is allowed to do anything they like so trades being final does of course not include them as they excluded themselves from it.
and finding something on the street is different from buying something over the auction. these two things have nothing in common. the first one is someone who lost something and someone else found it without being the owner of it.
when you buy something dirt cheap over the auction then you gave away your right of being the owner to the buyer, who is the rightful owner now.

Alright....enough of this bullsh*t, guys.

- Helping OP contact the fella is a positive thing to do
- Bringing it to MA's attention is helpful
- Giving him support is too
- Not saying a thing is okay I guess
- But arguing about what he's done wrong ISN'T!

Put yourself in his shoes....its a freaking 12k USD. Months of salary we're talking about here.

Do you think the arguing your bringing about here is helping him in any way? I'm pretty sure he's already beating himself up and he DEFINITELY doesn't need any more of your help in bashing him up further.

The blaming game has to stop.

And if you think that "all trades are final" (full stop).

Then what about the privateer or mothership (can't remember the name) scam incident that got people banned?

What about that time when some MA official made a mistake and traded piles of CLDs to one player for dirt cheap?

Small-time trades may be one thing....but when the stakes are high enough, you better be sure that MA does something about it or its not going to help you (as a player inhabiting this game)....and definitely not the game itself (in the long run).

That's my opinion.

true but all the time a guy like me really have to show up, for 100k peds he will create a new account just not to pay back

because i am not closing my eyes about the other side of the story? because im able to understand that actions have consequences? or because i am able to understand what a legally binding contract means?

<removed> lets see how long until u will do a big mistake in the game and then u will come on this forum asking for help

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not say "punch you in da face", but "will not trade with you in the future". The addition is pure fabrication, I have never said that. People misunderstand others because they want to. They choose to ignore statements threatening to derail the agenda they have in their heads at the moment, or even pretend something else was said. Quite used to it in these circles.

1. That example was used to show what was writen in your post.
2. You didnt just say you wont trade with him as you aslo will be sure to make everything you able to do to harm, not just from your trading but from asking/telling others to not to do.
3. No misunderstand on here based on my interpretation. Implicit threat is on there which, as I told, its not good at all even if you dont see it.
4. Have no intention to discuss with you anymore because you take it to personal. Feel free to post anything as i wont reply.

P.S. Hope OP get solved well.

Peace.

<removed>

<removed>
and if id be the buyer, why should i make a new account? i would have done nothing wrong. maybe its not ethically correct but its still not unlawful.
and not that i care about +rep or -rep but as some of you do ill just let you know that i get an awful lot more +rep for stating my honest opinion.
and i dont believe that i will ever do such a moronic mistakes because i still have 2 eyes and i am able to use em.

Last edited by a moderator:
I start playing again and first thing I see is a reseller thread :) they are still the scum of the earth and nothing has or will change because MA don't lose anything - apart from players....

oh and stop derailing the thread with your petty arguments you're going to get it locked

I really feel for your mistake and I hope there might be some resolution for you, these things happen and it is very sad when they do but hopefully we can learn from it. Please keep us posed.

On a general note...

It is really sad that the AUD MU keeps being set back from these mistakes, especially if the deeds are resold cheap. On paper the value of Arkadia is considerably less this morning because of a mistake which might not have happened if there were additional measures in place. Hopefully MA will read this thread and try to do more to prevent this.

I am wondering if stock exchanges have something in place to stop individuals accidentally dumping a ton of a companies stock on the cheap?

Deeds return gives more than bank interest rates that's why I invested here.
I deposited this money 1 year ago to make some £ and now I was selling it to take it out and buy new car for the family and I am in this situation with my wife not talking to me.

But that is a really BAD investment, bank interest rates suck and everybody knows it, that why you invest in funds with low cost or perhaps since you want dividends from AUDS you invest in stock with high dividend yield. For example FTSE 100.

On a side note isnt CLDs better than AUDs?

Well, scams are not legal ingame and Mindark has full right (EULA) to correcting mistakes that employees do ingame, that has nothing to do with auction or PVP trading at all. This kind of reasoning is really the threat to us players. If Mindark would deny legal ingame transactions based on player mistake or other subjective reasoning, then most of us players would feel insecure about our investments.

What have happened here is an ingame transaction done through auction that made the seller lose 12k USD, but also increased the buyers account with 12k USD. Now, would it seem morally and ethically right that Mindark now denied that transaction based upon subjective reasoning from themselves, the seller, player community or another third party?

Auctions should be final, thus protecting both the buyer and the seller :wise:

...and then refusing dialog when they run into a wall. Okay, no skin off my nose.

=cut=

Browncoats rule! And they don't let each other down, or those whom they are friendly with. I hope this settles it.

This whole situation is a bummer, for all the reasons stated....

Even though everyone does have quite the right to speak their mind and all, you should at least try to be slightly simpathetic I would say. Calling someone stupid just because is not the cool, regardless of wether or not the person was stupid or not, it's just common courtesy I guess.

The reasons stated from both sides of the current arguement have good points... But the way they are written might not be the best at heart to resolve the situation, if at all attempting to resolve...

Just my2pecs and let's keep it civil? :)

i feel for you, thats a painful error.

i blame the backwards auction system for deeds, stackables work in % so if you list 1 or 500 the price is calculated up, why can't the deeds be the same with ped MU? you list deed with +50 ped and then the price is calculated against the number of deeds, ie 1 deed is listed for 50.01 ped or 10 for 500.1

or simply stop deeds stacking, sell a blueprint style book that you can store deeds in

i feel for you, thats a painful error.

i blame the backwards auction system for deeds, stackables work in % so if you list 1 or 500 the price is calculated up, why can't the deeds be the same with ped MU? you list deed with +50 ped and then the price is calculated against the number of deeds, ie 1 deed is listed for 50.01 ped or 10 for 500.1

or simply stop deeds stacking, sell a blueprint style book that you can store deeds in

Great suggestions to the problem. To do either would make a lot of sense.

Reactions: San
Just talking to friend, it would make sense to change this so it works like in some other RPGs (WOW as example).

You can create an order, but if you want to sell to the order, you need to search for it and fill that particular order up.

No automatic sales to orders...

Would solve the issue, with no big problem for players.

Thank you guys for the kind words it means allot to me specially knowing Mindark had reverse trades before.
I was thinking to fly to Sweden this week since I start to have problems at home with family involve but I will be waiting until Friday for Mindark answer that so far the support has not been answered.
I know is my fault but the screen shoot show a clear evidence how big the mistake was.
Thank you one more time without your support my day was much worst.

Someone have Entropia phone number to give them a call?
Thank you

and i dont believe that i will ever do such a moronic mistakes because i still have 2 eyes and i am able to use em.

it's a moronic thing to assume you're not going to do such a mistake; not sure you could afford at this scale, but, for your own good I really hope you won't do such a mistake because if MJ can find a lot of understanding and compassion within a community with so many sharks swimming around, you won't - so stay sharp !!

fingers crossed MJ.

Reactions: das
Last post from me.

I know all trade are final but its all about what kind of person u are in this community. I know a guy who traded his imp/mod fap to wrong person and he took it back a bit later :) (when the fap value was 200/300k).

Reactions: das
Status
Back