POLL: Should MA spend our money upgrading entropia or upgrading castles??

Should MA spend our money upgrading Entropia or Castles?

• Wohoo: Castles!

Votes: 112 28.0%
  • Wohoo: Entropia!

Votes: 200 50.0%
  • Wohoo: EFD!

Votes: 88 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

...the fuck was MA(rco) thinking? :laugh:

So, when FPC pioneer told me in the middle of Twin Peaks that MA couldn't remove the no-loot system because of server overload issues, what he really meant was that they had to use the no-loots to pay for their FUCKING CASTLE!!!???

storming_MA.jpg

...this is just epic...

...no really...

Epic! :D :yay:

Btw, now MA can finally add an item on auction again under Real Life Items!

So, when FPC pioneer told me in the middle of Twin Peaks that MA couldn't remove the no-loot system because of server overload issues,

That's as realistic as the reason for the armor/clothing equip tax they imposed. Impose a decay tax to reduce server load and lag.

Many can agree that they are complete idiots and have no logical thought capacity.

But the same applies to those that keep putting up with it and giving them money.

MA got caught up in the whole world wide real estate debacle :eek:

Ahhhh well what can one do but laugh :laugh:

Nice to see where my money went hopefully it bought a nice sturdy gargoyle for that castle.

Ah now it easy to understand why cryengine took so long to implement, between working on cryeng and painting/playing in a rl castle.. I too would have chosen the castle. |Specially if its the players money I m wasting (err investing) :rolleyes:

Seriously MA, the disappointments are becoming more and more frequent, while deposits on the other hand are becoming less and less frequent.

Thor

Well...

As some of you know MA just released their financial report from 2009(1) in which a lot of their expenses are listed. This time it also included the address of a previously mentioned property in Germany purchased in June 2006(2).

A quick google-search of the address gives this puzzling result:
10343158.jpg

The picture above showing it before the purchase in 2006 - then scheduled for demolition

Nope.. it's not a server park! It's not offices! It's a castle!

Known as the "white castle" MA spent the next 3 years renovating it and coloring it in their favorite color, no-loot-Yellow;

weissesschloss.jpg
weissesschloss.jpg

The picture above showing it after MA spent large sums renovating it

Seriously MA; w00t? :lolup:

Purchase price: 195 000 EUR (2006)
Fixing it up : 1 150 000 EUR (so far)

Trivia:
74 000 square meters property
600 square meters residential area

References:
1 p27 http://www.mindark.com/press/financial-reports/documents/MindArk-arsredovisning-2009.pdf

2 p13 ftp://ftp.mindark.se/reports/AnnualReport2006_LOW.pdf

http://www.welt.de/print-welt/artic...=translate&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CEUQ7gEwBw

For googlemaps check out; http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gnome...51.086375,13.620542&spn=0.000954,0.00284&z=19

If my dictionary serves me right:

1) Starting bid was 225,000 €, and MA got it for 195,000 €. So there’s a bargain. :wise:

2) Its name is »Weißes Schloß,« which means »White Castle.« And they have it painted yellow. Now, that’s some kind of action each Entropian can relate to, ain’t it, huh? :scratch2:

Guess who is not helping to fix up a castle anymore in Germany :eek: I mean geeeeez i'm from German background and all but dam MA what were you thinking!!!!

So, now when the player base knows that the property is a castle we start complaining about something thats been known for a few years already ?!

Pretty hypocritical imho. :rolleyes:

And why does the company Mindark actually has to justify a company decision to invest some of the profits into property in Germany ?! Are you all share holders ? If so, EF is really not the right platform to question this decision !

Oooh, yeah right its "our" money that they made the profit with in order to obtain the property...that should grant us even more rights than a stock holder to question the acquisition...sorry...I forgot about that :rolleyes: :silly2:

I am not checking wow, eve or other MMO forums at all...so please tell me, are people questioning company decisions there too, because they used "their" money to do it....something similar like " this is outrageous, Blizzard bought a property in *put a place in here* with our money, they could have priced that extension pack much lower if they woulnd't have done that, we wanna know why they did that !!!!"

Get real...finally....please....

Someone should drop in and see if MA has paid the rent.

Maybe the real reason ND is selling CND is so he can go one better than neomaven and own a real castle. It would also allow him to keep the CND name - Castle NeverDie. :D

You guys are so blind!!!! MA need a castle to build a secret lab and bring to life one creature maded with several dead human body parts. Isnt a good reason?

So, now when the player base knows that the property is a castle we start complaining about something thats been known for a few years already ?!

I didn't, i guess i'm just dumb...or just don't travel in the right circles for the info. :rolleyes:

Pretty hypocritical imho. :rolleyes:

And why does the company Mindark actually has to justify a company decision to invest some of the profits into property in Germany ?! Are you all share holders ? If so, EF is really not the right platform to question this decision !

Oooh, yeah right its "our" money that they made the profit with in order to obtain the property...that should grant us even more rights than a stock holder to question the acquisition...sorry...I forgot about that :rolleyes: :silly2:

I am not checking wow, eve or other MMO forums at all...so please tell me, are people questioning company decisions there too, because they used "their" money to do it....something similar like " this is outrageous, Blizzard bought a property in *put a place in here* with our money, they could have priced that extension pack much lower if they woulnd't have done that, we wanna know why they did that !!!!"

Get real...finally....please....

Oh ya I can totally see how buying a castle, painting it funky Alice in Wonderland on Acid colors, and spending millions to renovate makes perfect sense to a company trying to survive developing a virtual universe....simply brilliant!

it's like 1 + 2 = 3...elemetary...:silly2:

It was a good deal actually....I heard it beat out the purchase's of "magic beans" from a guy who later to sold them to some guy named Jack, and some London Bridge thingy.

But you're right of course...once the money is in MA's account they are free to do whatever stupid ass shit they choose with it....it's their money and company after all. ;) How dare anyone question the wisdom of this purchase except shareholders, even if they have 10's or 100's of thousands of real life U.S Dollars invested with MA. :rolleyes:

This certainly fills me with confidence in their business acumen.....not.:rolleyes:

(Yes i'm aware that for this post i'll get at least another 6 months in the loot gulag....Meh, you kinda get used to it, and expect it. :D )

So is it too late to show MA my sale proposal for a land deed on the moon? Buying it will also elect them for a 25% discount if they buy it on a combo with the Mars Face's left cheek!

We get no looters and they get a castle.

Yeah. That's fair.

LMAO @ MA Castle. :laugh:

And I think it looks ugly in yellow :D

I don't understand why r u guys so surprised???Were u seriously thinking that they invest for or in us???I mean really, were u???:duh:
Or we play it their way (and a hell of the way that is :handjob:) or we dont play, simple as that.

Regards,

Seb

Last edited:
It is a interesting rennovation project .

wait wait, that castle actualy looks quite good. But I would have choose another project.

It could have worked out very wel and can be used for conference or hotel or something cool.

Like invite some players to stay there for a few days.

Maybe they made some cash on it? But at least they know how to do it right or what not to do.

I want that castle if I can affort one :) But I like dutch castle more, it is less elaberish and more ingetogen... ehhh subtile? not sure the english word :(

Why Yellow??

They could have kept the Medievil look to it... but yellow? Do we get to visit? Can some Swedish EF members visit it if they live close by and get some exclusive shots?
Maybe the dungeon is where the servers will be kept nice and cool to run efficiently!

:scratch2:

Why isn't there any Poll option like :

MA are only good for show off? :confused:

Yellow is only background.....blue stripes will follow soon, lol

I'd like to think that is was a property investment to make good gains on MA's cash in hand which is certainly not an uncommon thing to do.

Probably best they do sell it now.

I'd hate to think it was gonna be an extra residence for Jan at 'our expense'.

Since we don't know why the castle was bought all posts here is useless.

It could be a tax/economic plan (maybe even good for us)
It could be an nice looking office. Compared to renting an office this could be much more eco, who knows?
It could be the new bank building.
It could be anything!

I'd hate to think it was gonna be an extra residence for Jan at 'our expense'.

What says this is at our expence? isn't all money MA spend at our expence. I tend to see EU as a service I pay for. The money I payed for this service is not mine anymore when it enters the service providers bank account. If they like to buy fancy flowers for their office or a castle, I don't really care.

If my dictionary serves me right:

1) Starting bid was 225,000 €, and MA got it for 195,000 €. So there’s a bargain. :wise:

2) Its name is »Weißes Schloß,« which means »White Castle.« And they have it painted yellow. Now, that’s some kind of action each Entropian can relate to, ain’t it, huh? :scratch2:

Some 1 are trying to become a Sir. :D

Like invite some players to stay there for a few days.

Maybe they made some cash on it? But at least they know how to do it right or what not to do.

They should have had yearly Entropia Halloween events in it :D

Status
Back