Poll:Would YOU give up ATHs to spread the loot pool?

Would you give up ATHs to increase chances of globals, hofs and better return in general?

• Total voters

sdragonfire

Alpha
Simple poll, would you be able to give up ability to ATH if it mean better spread of globals and hofs and general return in general?

edit: I didn't mean for this poll to be biased, was just being comical, lets pretend it just is YES or NO

I voted no just because I enjoy that feeling after killing a mob/crafting an item/droping a bomb/probe, that it could be the "big one"
Thats not to say I don't see both sides as i would put my selfish reasons away if it benefited the game as a whole.

The poll is IF it increased general return, globals etc, so lets try not to debate if it does or not, if ATHs did get taken out:sniffel: that extra ped that used to go to it COULD be put toward general return, globals etc.

Another question that arises is would better return decrease deposits? Well not sure on this it may lower them individually, but it may also bring new regular depositers to the table so not sure overall.

Last edited:
1. Where's this poll you speak of ? :scratch:
2. I bet a majority of those who vote yes .. haven't had an ATH. ;)
3. I think taking away ATH's would lose a lot of players .. since a lot of players are always drudging on through bad times, hoping for that 'jackpot.'
4. :wave:

edit - I'm too fast - I see the poll, now :D

No, I like the chance to hit a big one and think that chance may help draw in or keep players.

Not take them away, but maybe make them smaller or less?

Maybe..
maximum 100k ped ath
minimum the cost to kill a mob/drop a bomb (no more tiny claims -_-')

I voted yes,

But I think maybe ATH's should stay, just maybe split up a bit more,
big ones should still be possible, but maybe instead of a 200k hof for example, give four people a 50k hof and make more people happy :).

then again a few really big ones are nice.

so i'm on the fence really having thought about it :).

I'd love it for max loot size to be capped at 20k and rather than avg loot be evened out, make more 20k loots.

Yes I think ATHs should be done away it. On principle ATHs means that the next one would have to be bigger than the last one. Which means that for every ATH the wealth would be spread thinner and thinner. If I was a noob I would not stick around. Hardly any mobs seem to carry loot.

Not removed but reduced in size and frequency - still like to have the idea that theres a tiny, tiny possibility of 'hitting the big one'. Provides some sort of motivation to hunt and what have you. Just think at the moment the frequency of them mixed in with regular 5 figure uberloots sort of reduces the 'wow' factor of another ATH. Unless it's the new #1 loot...

Not had an ATH yet, but got a 5 figure uber loot in a team some months back. Spent about half of my share on things like beacons, newbie gifts etc so others could be happy too. So not voting "yes" just because I've not had one. ;)

Voted no. Would still like the chance to hit my first ATH one day, even if that day never comes, I'd still like to have that hope there. Although, in saying that, I agree that they should be split up a little more as Ace mentioned.

It´s a fine balance. If prizes are too low, people wont be atracted to play the game. If prizes are too high, whoever gets them will be temped to cash them out instead of just wasting it all again ingame.

I miss one option; Can't decide. :D ;)
There are so many parameters in PC(EU) that needs to be in calculation.
If we get better ROI, does that decrease depos so much that we gonna
have to pay in something else to increase depos?
It could also be the oposite, depos can increase when ROI is good, since
we have fun and also invest more and play more.

Without the show-off loots (high ATH), it gonna be harder to attract
the masses to a RCE. But is RCE really something for the masses?

No matter what they do, fact remains. Vast majority has to lose in average.
The challange for them is to raise the funfactor (and that a LOT) while we
still lose.
What annoys a lot of people is when we lose too much too fast.

Not sure that lowered ATH will have that big impact on our ROI.
I think I rather see a system where we can do fee-free trading in auction
and Shopkeepers (that both sell and buy) low-tt value stuff, so less is
stored in Storage and instead is used by crafters.
Even MA/FPC could benefit from this (no garantuee thou'), since they so
often want to use turnover when they show stats from PC(EU). :)

I voted yes, however we need to add context to it.

Id like them to limit the multiplier to 1000x base loot. If the normal loot is 0-3 ped that means a max loot of 3000 ped. You could still pull 100k+ loots with that if you did the right thing.

Largest unamped mining bomb would be about 5,000 ped. 105 amps would be like 25k, etc.

You'd have things like low level drones cap around 2000 ped.

Dasps would still be able to pull 30-50k or so.

Crafting 101s on condition would still pull about 50k max.

Jazar scope on condition could still be 250k ish.

etc.

Then redistribute the >1000x loots we have now to get rid of some no loots or to add more 1000x loots.

I duno if it would be better to have 10 10k loots instead of 1 100k loot, or to instead have 100,000 1ped instead of no looters. Probably be better to just have 100,000 1 ped loot.

Never had an all time high, or even close, i think consistency would retain more players then the extreme loots.

Last edited:
[vorlon voice] You don't understand.. [/vorlon voice]

P.S. And poll is biased.

Yes. Spread the wealth.

Bring loots back to 2002-2003 standards and everyone will be happy.

I kinda like rocks you see...

Well the answers in your poll are biased IMO but I would vote no.

Why? Because no matter if they did spread the loot people would still complain plus I don't think ATHs are strictly generated from making returns crappier. They could pull ped from so many fees incorporated into the system not to mention missed shots and what not. Its hard to say that returns would be any better and people would still crab about it anyways.

Hitting a nice loot or a nice item is incentive to keep on grinding. If a person wants better returns then they need to do all they can to mitigate loss and generate ped for themselves. They also need to know how to operate in EU during the good and bad cycles we all go through.

If you want better returns they will eventually happen. Being successful is knowing how to play or not play when returns are not so good and then adapt to the situation when they get better.

Now personally I would not mind seeing more great items in loot and now is the time that its happening. If big ATHs happen as well then so be it. Day to day I don't play for the ATH anyway but I would not be ungrateful if I got one or a nice item.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. Spread the wealth.

Bring loots back to 2002-2003 standards and everyone will be happy.

People will never be happy, no matter what.

I say yes.... but after I get mine :)

I'd be happy with a #1 Album, Mya as my wife, 2 kids and #1 ATH for each profession.
But that's just me...

whos mya?

And... what u mean with #Album? ;o

Simple poll, would you be able to give up ability to ATH if it mean better spread of globals and hofs and general return in general?

Warning - Highly opinionated post and personal stance on the service today.

As much as I am with-holding posting opinions on the forum from here on in.
I feel it is important to reply to your poll with how I feel.

> It is a delicate balance, the *majority* of ATHs are actually earned from the participants own money that has been buffered, invested and returned.

It is also a part of the intricate ruleset cost of participation balancing engine which maintains a balance for everyone (over the long haul) for the period they are involved with Entropia vs everyone else.

Granted it is one of the not so nice elements due to its perceived outcomes & judged upon repercussions by participants - viewed by many as gambling when it is returned in lump sums, also viewed (opinionated) unethically for the with-holding of a large portion of funds owned by the participant procured slowly (in most cases - I would assume as a % of the spend rate per month - decay etc) for the purpose of short-term investments. (Of which you most likely also gain a small % of the earnings of the investment returned to you - Yet nothing stated due to the blackboxing of this technology)

This is one of the lure and hooks of being involved with Entropia I am afraid. Being involved is a rather long-term involvement commitment.

Also part and parcel as to why they lack the motivation (Maybe skills & understand is a better phrase to use) to do their jobs properly (including measured future impact analysis & foresight for their actions) in providing a good service, although a lot has improved as of late since FPC took over - Marco promises change on this front with a plan for the future of Calypso over the years to come.

Which I will personally strangle him (in the virtual sense :)) if he comes up with several storylines as his *core focus* in place of substance related improvements to service mechanisms, economy growth (expansion, management and balance through cross-related dependencies) and fair & balanced assessment and distribution systems outside the balancing engine (especially for events) for the RCE environment.

We shall have to wait to measure his worth in bettering the service we have today, as far as growing & developing new business (participants) and providing satisfaction, retention and balance over all spheres of activity (including rewarded opportunities for financial advancement in the RCE environment) while competing with others in the same marketplace industry lateral.

Either way, I received this reply from Marco after pointing him in the direction of this post:

LINK > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-planet-cyrene-games-radar-7.html#post2046690

Marco|FPC said:
Hello,

Thanks for you message. I have a long-term plan for development of Planet Calypso and FPC and there are numerous content systems planned. The ambition is to "The Colonist MMO", with focus on gameplay, business and entertainment.

Regards
-Marco

So I remain 'in check' and with faith that Marco will turn out to be a better manager of the business (with attached economy involving other peoples real life money not belonging to FPC nor MindArk) than the predecessors as he works to improve Calypso (& FPC team) over the next 2 to 5 yrs.

Remember this is primarily learn as you go, on the job experience (to a large degree for *most* of the employed skillsets once you have researched each persons past work & education credentials at MindArk;

So train wrecks from time to time are going to happen - Ofc no one is perfect. (However, hopefully they start learning to drive the damn train better as time progresses than crashing it as frequently as they do today - In developing (&expanding), managing (Business choices and correctly following statements produced by management while maintaining a financial organisation with an attached Economy invoving real people and their hard earned real world money)

So in a nutshell:

What Marco has said won't happen overnight. People can either have faith that things will change over the course of the next 2 to 5 years;

While expecting a few train crashes in the process while they learn to provide for future impact analysis, foresight and what they missed -

Current example - Shop signs working, shop fittings colouring & texturing not working, leaving the current shopping mall competition to be a very grey one;

Or you say you have had enough and move on.

I understand many are pissed, or suffer the love to hate to love syndrome when it comes to this service, but personally, I think it is worth the wait to see how things pan out;

Especially now with competition starting to crop up and announcing their intentions to compete for industry market share in time to come.

Last edited:
FYI spreading ATH's into the loot pool, will make bugger all difference to your tt returns.

Maybe like 1 ped in 1000 peds spent

So a bit pointless really

Rgds

Ace

[Sorry Sparkz - tl;dr - you might have made the same points I have.]

As I have never received an ATH and probably never will I voted yes.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not one of those "wealth redistribution" kooks. I say that anyone who gets an ATH good on them - even the snooty ubers. You work hard, then you should be rewarded.

However, even though it is contradictory, I think that more HoFs, globals and somewhat more satisfying regular loots would benefit the game. I think having to keep track of the ATH's during regular periods to try to calculate better loot chances detracts from the game and puts newbs at a disadvantage.

Pure redistribution in my mind would have to eliminate HoFs (and maybe even globals) and I would definitely be against that.

While it's really cool for the ATH winner, the rest of the player base I think suffers -- ATHs are way to large for random loots.

And :rofl: again, I'll never get an ATH anyway. :D

/\

Back