Votes: 10 20.8%
  • No, increasing economic activity is more important

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Avon(AJ)Jerrix

Guardian
In another thread, FiveDolla suggested players should be able to refine the untradable things that come in the strongboxes for universal ammo. I thought this was a good idea, promoting both economic activity and decay ... everyone wins. But it occurred to me that, if you were a hunter or a miner, this would eliminate any risk to buying strongboxes. You would either get ammo, something that could be turned into ammo, or a ring. And some players would cycle their ammo over and over, and ring farming would explode. Or am I wrong? Would needing to withdraw ped to buy boxes be disincentive enough? Or would increased ring farming happen but not be a problem? Please vote.

Mods: Possibly this should be in Deposits/Withdrawals...unsure.

well when you have to wait 3 months for a withdrawel before being able to buy boxes again it wont change much i guess. and there are already lots of people doing that to farm rings

you also get skillpills and buffs and snowballs and pets. the tt of one strongbox is mostly below 10 ped.

if we all had rings wouldn't they be a bit cheaper?

1) The L ring aren't even dropping nowadays. The ability to refine them would be a nice gesture towards the "early adopters", who promoted the boxes with their trust and now sit with thousands of peds stuck in unrefinable stuff.

2) If that stuff was refinable (and I mean not only rings but the pills too), more people would buy the boxes, including those who stopped doing it because of the (1).

3) You can buy universal ammo straight from webshop without any fees. A strongbox will fully refinable content would be just the same thing. The chance to loot a ring? We all perfectly know how negligible and symbolic that chance is, lots of people who bought thousands of boxes never seen any UL rings. And I suspect there is a hard quota on ring drops, no matter how many boxes would be bought in a period of time. So I doubt it would change the existing situation in any way, except of making people happy, including MA themselves.

In another thread, FiveDolla suggested players should be able to refine the untradable things that come in the strongboxes for universal ammo. I thought this was a good idea, promoting both economic activity and decay ... everyone wins. But it occurred to me that, if you were a hunter or a miner, this would eliminate any risk to buying strongboxes. You would either get ammo, something that could be turned into ammo, or a ring. And some players would cycle their ammo over and over, and ring farming would explode. Or am I wrong? Would needing to withdraw ped to buy boxes be disincentive enough? Or would increased ring farming happen but not be a problem? Please vote.

I feel this is a great idea but not one we should be giving to MA since they will run with this idea making even more User Bound items which we can simply convert to User Bound ammo.

rings are already determined upon purchase so ship everything back into loot pool imo

Mods: Possibly this should be in Deposits/Withdrawals...unsure.

I don't think you know how boxes work. You already need to withdrawal to buy more. you can't cycled the ped from the boxes into boxes...

1) The L ring aren't even dropping nowadays. The ability to refine them would be a nice gesture towards the "early adopters", who promoted the boxes with their trust and now sit with thousands of peds stuck in unrefinable stuff.

would be nice to be able to do something with the L rings that I got .. I will never be able to wear them off.. maybe trade 10 of them to one UL ring or something.. or make them sellable

I also still have a lot of pills.. not sure If I will ever manange to use them all up .. would be nice if I could sell them.

.. and I just bought boxes when they been brand new :tongue2:

Non full tt (L) rings, red pills, pet name tags. I'd say that's plenty of downsides.

Must have about 1000 peds worth of unusable stuff and i'm sure there's folks that have lots more than me.

Not sure I could handle more without the occasional rage fit.

As has already been stated if you have full TT (L) ring, you can throw it in the refiner for 10 ped of universal ammo.

I don't buy many boxes. I like a little flutter now and then, but I keep it like that.

Besides I run melee these days so the universal ammo is no good to me. Actually it makes me smile universal ammo. If you're running melee it's a double win for MA, because you sell the Shrapnel from hunts for a little markup meaning the buyer will most probably convert it (or sell it to someone that will convert it).

There's often a lot of hate with regards to unlimited ring drops, I don't spend $1000's of dollars a month opening them chasing the rings. Those that do tend to in most cases get a ring, if it's a valuable one or not is another matter...lol.

I spent a small fortune buying the bloody things off auction though. Still I was pleased to pick up an Ares Imp for +340 in auction, rather than 5K markup under a year ago. That made up for the 1000's of peds I paid for taming rings that are now 40 ped.

Swings and roundabouts...hahahha.

Rick

Everything in the boxes should be refinable to UA (or continue with their current function such as pet grinding to essence).

UA is of enough economic benefit to MA - those who are ring farming also have the 1000's of PED of UA to cycle too. And rings cost MA little - deposits are required to buy them.

Guess why I don´t buy boxes anymore:

1. I have L rings (not full TT), I have no use for
2. I have untradeable pills that make no sense to use for me, no use for

I paid for shit, won´t do it again.

Easy as that!

If I want a ring, there is more than enough at auction, which don´t lock my money for shit I don´t want.

I would buy more boxes, if I could convert the unwanted things into UA, thats another fact.

Everything in the boxes should be refinable to UA (or continue with their current function such as pet grinding to essence).

UA is of enough economic benefit to MA - those who are ring farming also have the 1000's of PED of UA to cycle too. And rings cost MA little - deposits are required to buy them.

Don't forget about melee hunters...

hum 1k usd of boxes ... shit lots of locked ped in pills and only 2 rings with a MU of +30 ... not sure i see the problem and real risk :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I bought a few hundred boxes and got nothing worth showing, so I only lost money and there was a risk

Don't forget about melee hunters...

There really isn't a solution without changing code (to allow UA to repair, but not TT the repaired item) or changing the weapon (adding ammo burn to melee).

If you going to use the pills etc playing then there isn't a down side.

Although part tt (l) rings are a pain in the ass :D, just wish i could give the part tt ones to desciples .

I perfectly understand that the pills and stufff is of no value for a miner or even reseller or crafter but for hunters all of the stuff makes great sense and the value from the buffincreasing stuff in the box far exceeds the loss from a few things you can not TT.

Im doing well in hunting and have done for a long time but still buying boxes for all the good benefits that you guys want to refine :D

Allso in my opinion its more then fair to pay a small fee for the chance to get something nice in a bix instead of depo pure peds......you cant have the cookie AND eat it.

I can if anybody is interested show some examples in a stream and do some math around the pros from the buffs and how to calculate that.

And again, there is nice option of buying pure ammo or peds if you dont want to risk a few peds being stuck in storage :)

//Linzey

I perfectly understand that the pills and stufff is of no value for a miner or even reseller or crafter but for hunters all of the stuff makes great sense and the value from the buffincreasing stuff in the box far exceeds the loss from a few things you can not TT.

Im doing well in hunting and have done for a long time but still buying boxes for all the good benefits that you guys want to refine :D

Allso in my opinion its more then fair to pay a small fee for the chance to get something nice in a bix instead of depo pure peds......you cant have the cookie AND eat it.

I can if anybody is interested show some examples in a stream and do some math around the pros from the buffs and how to calculate that.

And again, there is nice option of buying pure ammo or peds if you dont want to risk a few peds being stuck in storage :)

//Linzey

Respectfully, stop using this argument. The small fee does not add up to the amount of trash pills like neurostim-ys. I have 10000 ped tied up in neuro ys and 8ped L rings. I didn't buy that many boxes for it to come close to that kind of transaction fee.

There is little value in the neuro Ys. It's about having options anyway. If you want your use the bogus transaction fee argument then let us refine at 3ped pill to 2ped UA ratio or similar and be done with this avatar bound, storage filling shit.

Now give me my f'in cookies, I'm hungry.

The L rings can be refined into Universal Ammo. However. They have to be full TT.

But of course that doesn't help the countless L rings that have a 9.8 TT Value just sitting in storage as I cant do anything with them. :rolleyes:

The L rings can be refined into Universal Ammo. However. They have to be full TT.

Athenic L rings are always given at 9/10 ped value. Aeglic L - at 8/10. I have many containers filled with them from the early days of the boxes.

to all the ones complaining that they want to convert everything to UA... dont u think that may devalue the PED? you can depo 100 bucks to get 9xx ped. but if you buy boxes for 100 ped and can convert everything you get more than 1k peds for that dependign on ring outcome with guaranteed plus... thats the same reason why u cant just print more money...

Any further advantage given to box buyers would very likely be the end of the game for me.

I deposited, skilled and learned the game for years in order to get an advantage and not have to deposit any more. When boxes were introduced, people who did that lost their advantage overnight in favour of depositors who could suddenly play more efficiently than me, skill much faster than I ever could, among numerous other advantages.

I almost quit then, and to certain extent I'm still wishing I had. I don't think I could take a further tightening of the screw.

Last edited:
Respectfully, stop using this argument. The small fee does not add up to the amount of trash pills like neurostim-ys. I have 10000 ped tied up in neuro ys and 8ped L rings. I didn't buy that many boxes for it to come close to that kind of transaction fee.

There is little value in the neuro Ys. It's about having options anyway. If you want your use the bogus transaction fee argument then let us refine at 3ped pill to 2ped UA ratio or similar and be done with this avatar bound, storage filling shit.

Now give me my f'in cookies, I'm hungry.

Im sure we can agree to disagree.

Im sure the MU and the advantages form the buffs you looted far exceeds that 10k you have in those bound stuff, and if you dont like it then simply jsut depo¨and dont buy boxes.

I have alot of cookies if you come here.....I want overlay thingy and you want cookies!!!

I deposited, skilled and learned the game for years in order to get an advantage and not have to deposit any more. When boxes were introduced, people who did that lost their advantage overnight in favour of depositors who could suddenly play more efficiently than me, skill much faster than I ever could, among numerous other advantages.

Didn't a similar thing happened when L sib was introduced so it's not exactly new. When players would spend months and hundreds or thousands of ped to skill using UL unmaxed items only to be oven taken in a couple of weeks.

Back OT. Isn't the disincentive having a load of crap that you can't use or refine :scratch2: no one forced people to keep buying the boxes.

Last edited:
Any further advantage given to box buyers would very likely be the end of the game for me.

I almost quit then, and to certain extent I'm still wishing I had. I don't think I could take a further tightening of the screw.

Yes yes yes standard didnt change when a change was implemented argument.

MA required more cash to run their company due to too many players getting to your stage and not having to deposit. They changed the goalposts, adapting is part of that change.

Back