Pop Dragons YOU want to HUNT!

Society
Art of Mining
Martin Freelancer Dibdiak
I guess everyone noticed a recent boom of pop dragon hofs/globals. Better hunt them while they are still hot and drop decent MU. :rolleyes:

Do I need to say more?
wickedpopdragons.jpg

(Consider this thread as news in hunting section, since nobody says here anything about those darn beasts lol)

Last edited:
i hunted them in team for over an hour and got one global of 150 ped with no MU at all...you might get lucky or lose just like any other mob

I'm intrigued now, what did neverdie screw up this time? Let me guess ESIs, at least it will help the many players "pausing" nowadays...

i hunted them in team for over an hour and got one global of 150 ped with no MU at all...you might get lucky or lose just like any other mob

According to some people Pop Dragons dropped way more loot than usually so a lot of people profited on TT the past two days. At the moment they are said to drop the regular amount but are crowded by players seeing the insane amount of hofs yesterday. Don't know if this is true since I don't hunt them at all but looking at the graph there is something really wrong. I just don't see any way to explain such a raise. There is more to it than "get lucky or lose"

i killed 100 for the mission, no remarkable markup loot, but a nice tt profit (could be just luck ofc).

Loot seems normal atm for the amount of green dots hunting them.

Pop dragons are hot for sure, I profited 1k ped on them in a short hunt last night, but at the same time a socmate lost a similar amount.

The game is dynamic, but its fun to be where the action is, and right now that is Pops.

It's kind of crazy, I have been one of the more active players on Rocktropia over the last couple years and have never seen so many people even during events. (and I'm not aware of any events going on right now)

EntropiaTransport.com

We will be warping back and forth all day, contact any of our captains to get in on a split warp or charter a flight yourself.
Just chat with them on the website chat and they will take care of your transportation needs.

Actually I just went to try them out. Biggest loot was 4.x ped we killed like 40 upto guardian. Byee RT.

Whatever it was it is fixed except for a small amount of players it appears.

Now ND announced an event on Pops

[h=2]5000 PED shared PopDragon[/h][h=2]The Pop Dragon population has gone crazy![/h]
pophunt.png

Upon receiving a message from NeverDie regarding the omcreased attention Pop Dragons are drawing towards them self it is clear that NeverDie is prepared to pay handsomely to those participants who will help keep the Pop Dragon population in check...

NeverDie is putting his cash where his mouth is - therefore he has prepared a wallet of 5000 PED to be distributed amongst those colonists who go fight the Pop Dragons!

If your not there when it happens your too late.... Its dynamic!

Now ND announced an event on Pops

[h=2]5000 PED shared PopDragon[/h][h=2]The Pop Dragon population has gone crazy![/h]
pophunt.png

Upon receiving a message from NeverDie regarding the omcreased attention Pop Dragons are drawing towards them self it is clear that NeverDie is prepared to pay handsomely to those participants who will help keep the Pop Dragon population in check...

NeverDie is putting his cash where his mouth is - therefore he has prepared a wallet of 5000 PED to be distributed amongst those colonists who go fight the Pop Dragons!

Where is this posted? I couldn't find it.

was reminded by friend that its a lousy photoshopped image, quickly checked entropedia and it truly is (same image as well).

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
was reminded by friend that its a lousy photoshopped image, quickly checked entropedia and it truly is (same image as well).

Photoshop? I could do a better job on MS paint.

I'm intrigued now, what did neverdie screw up this time? Let me guess ESIs, at least it will help the many players "pausing" nowadays...

Don't you know that MA control the loot, not Planet Partner? Maybe you don't know like 90% of other people, who keep complaining Planet Partner about the loot; when in fact MA is the one who to be blamed.

Please do more research before you post or you just simply want to troll any information related to RT.

I think 90 of the top 100 hunting HOF's were Pop Dragon today, haven't seen the like since Merry Mayhem (and that was 4 different mobs!)

Hope it worked out as anticipated. :)

well from the uproar i've seen its worked!

<removed>

Yeah.. It took like 20 seconds with "magic wand" for me to make it... ND has provided me with a replacement image now.

Also.. little info on why/how the event was created.
ND contacted me on skype - rather amazed that the Pop dragons were going off like that. He dident change anything. So, we spoke about handing back some of the "extra cash" to the community he is going to earn on this "improved performance" of the Pop Dragons... Thus.. 20 seconds later.. The event was set up..

Bout the biggest bunch of bullshit I have heard in a while. He was making soooo much on an "improved" mob that he is gonna give it back. What you ment to say is <removed>

-Bemo-

we should make a weekly thread to agree to hunt one type of big mob en masse.. I think it will deliver the same results.. The wizard of oz says, you shall all hunt malcruentor next week!

(xing nu will say i will profit on levi rather than pop dragon) cld roi will go down for sure....:)

Bout the biggest bunch of bullshit I have heard in a while. He was making soooo much on an "improved" mob that he is gonna give it back. What you ment to say is <removed>

-Bemo-

Please provide me with documentation where you show that planet partners have ANY say in loot frequency/drop rate/loot size.
The only thing planet partners can do in relation to loot is to say that "mob X should drop item Y". The rate of when this item is dropped, or how good the loot is on a mob is solely up to MindArk.

If it were up to planet partners - dont you think they would just start competing on drop rates? Thats not really something MindArk wants...

<removed> If you dont like a planet partner that tries to keep a big incentive for hunters to be on his planet - then I think you should just go somewhere else.. problem solved?

Yesterday was an orgy of globals/ hofs on RT, was looking at them while sweating... and still going on for what I see.

From the client loader:

November 9th 2012 ROCKTROPIA TOPS THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE GLOBALS CHARTS Pop Dragons Deliver 230k PED In Globals In 1 Day!

I don't know what happened really, but maybe is better to distribute loot in some hunting frenzy like that over 2 days rather than 1 big fat ATH at the end of the month?

As a side note, those Uncle Scrooges hunting yesterday did not bothered to buy an inch of ME from AH - this or my offer was swamped by 3 pages of offers from those VERY annoying 2 traders.

If it were up to planet partners - dont you think they would just start competing on drop rates? Thats not really something MindArk wants...

If it's a bug, it's an enormous one because this weird situation has been running for a few days already as your excellent Entropia Life tool shows.

One thing is sure: This situation negatively impacts the activity on all other planets.

So, if it's intended, the question is: By whom?

If it's a bug, it's an enormous one because this weird situation has been running for a few days already as your excellent Entropia Life tool shows.

One thing is sure: This situation negatively impacts the activity on all other planets.

So, if it's intended, the question is: By whom?

It isnt a bug, Support have confirmed this is intentional

Question is, where are the peds coming from to fund this?

Rgds

Ace

The only thing planet partners can do in relation to loot is to say that "mob X should drop item Y". The rate of when this item is dropped, or how good the loot is on a mob is solely up to MindArk.

Since each item is allocated a frequency or more likely given a frequency from a selected list e.g. common, rare, ultra rare etc. It is more than reasonable to assume PP's set loot tables and categories for there items. How are MindArk to know which items a PP wants to be rare or common i.e. how they intend to be used? Only a PP would know this.

MindArk would have the final word. However, MA are unlikely to check every aspect of an update. They probably only check given list of items updated. Therefore it may be fairly easy for a PP to sneak in an unannounced change to a loot table.

So in essence PP's may have far greater control on loot than we imagine. Would be nice if MA confirnmed this.

It isnt a bug, Support have confirmed this is intentional

If it's intentional, there are only two possibilities:

- It is an initiative of ROCKtropia management - who changed the loot (if they can) or requested MindArk to change it (if they can't change it by themselves)
- Or it is a pure initiative of MindArk, who just decided, on its own, to favor ROCKtropia and negatively impact the activity on all other planets.

Back