PopFuzz's Mining Theorys

While I do agree with tt balancing, I don't think it's guaranteed.

From January to February, I deposited 60k peds crafting, and at one point was one of the top 4 crafters (possibly top 3, tracker missed several ubers.) At no point was I ever ahead or even even. My biggest loots was one 4k and 2 2k's. One day, my returns were in the 8k range (6 ubers or something like that,) but by that point I was down around 30k. According to tracker, I cycled 230k peds in crafting and got over 1k globals/hofs. Currently my balance is ~1k peds with a recent deposit.

So, according to balancing theory, I am due for a 60k+ loot any day now. :D

Clycling 230K PED tt should equate to about a 23K tt loss.

Since most crafting takes more markup than it puts out, you probably lost a shitload of PED due to markup, probably equating to another 10-50K PED loss.

So that means you're either at where you're supposed to be, or are due 10-30K PED.

Yep, from MA's point of view, I probably got more than I deserve (60k in, 200k back in globals/hofs only, possibly 400k back including the times that were lost by tracker, partial successes, and successes but not globals.)

By the time I realized that 5% successes were the norm, not the exception, I was in pretty deep and trying to chase for the TT balancing.

My only condolence is that probably lieska and shoti lost more than me, although I think neither of them depo'd it.

Last edited:
If you cycled 260K peds TT if you got 80% tt return you would be down 52K on TT if you got a healthy 90% tt return you would be down 26K peds on TT Now if you lost to MU as in you spent more mu then you looted that is not coming back at all. If you lost 60K purely on TT over 260K cycled I would say you prob have a 10-20K hof in your near future.

While I do agree with tt balancing, I don't think it's guaranteed.

From January to February, I deposited 60k peds crafting, and at one point was one of the top 4 crafters (possibly top 3, tracker missed several ubers.) At no point was I ever ahead or even even. My biggest loots was one 4k and 2 2k's. One day, my returns were in the 8k range (6 ubers or something like that,) but by that point I was down around 30k. According to tracker, I cycled 260k peds in crafting and got over 1k globals/hofs. Currently my balance is ~1k peds with a recent deposit.

So, according to balancing theory, I am due for a 60k+ loot any day now. :D

edit: Oh, so I do agree that TT balancing works in the "short" term (e.g. you're more likely to get a hit after a miss rather than vice-versa) it's not guaranteed to bring you back to 80%.

If you cycled 260K peds TT if you got 80% tt return you would be down 52K on TT if you got a healthy 90% tt return you would be down 26K peds on TT Now if you lost to MU as in you spent more mu then you looted that is not coming back at all. If you lost 60K purely on TT over 260K cycled I would say you prob have a 10-20K hof in your near future.

Yep, that's why I don't think it's coming, according to balancing theory. Also, tracker doesn't include partials and non-global successes, so I'm probably very very close to 90% anyway.

But hey, if you're right, I'll give you some EFD to get you started on your psychic network. :D Today I'm doing 600 drops on CND with mt1000 and ma 102's, then after that, probably 1k ammo into ambu. But I've been waiting for the big one since my last big crafting run at the end of February.

My last uber was a 2k craft on March 9th, and the biggest in my entire career was 4.5k crafting.

Just to clarify: I double bomb after perception skill gains, right? :D

Last edited:
Just have to remember the mu you pay on ma102 is lost no matter what, so only expect 80-90% on the tt spent (not including the MU) then 1000 peds on ambu on avg will give you 800-900 TT back then you are within normal loot parameters its only when you loose more then that do I see balancing.

LOL leave double bombing for perception gains to other theorys lol

Yep, that's why I don't think it's coming, according to balancing theory. Also, tracker doesn't include partials and non-global successes, so I'm probably very very close to 90% anyway.

But hey, if you're right, I'll give you some EFD to get you started on your psychic network. :D Today I'm doing 600 drops on CND with mt1000 and ma 102's, then after that, probably 1k ammo into ambu. But I've been waiting for the big one since my last big crafting run at the end of February.

My last uber was a 2k craft on March 9th, and the biggest in my entire career was 4.5k crafting.

Just to clarify: I double bomb after perception skill gains, right? :D

The 600 drops will cost around 620 ped, straight up TT value. Interestingly, I did the exact same thing yesterday, and got back 600 ped tt. Therefore, I should get back less today, maybe 60%?

96% tt sounds very healthy, but yah you may see only 500 peds today to get that 90% avg. Loot for me tends to cycle up and down for me alot. Things is too 600 drops in space is less then a full cycle so more variable.

The 600 drops will cost around 620 ped, straight up TT value. Interestingly, I did the exact same thing yesterday, and got back 600 ped tt. Therefore, I should get back less today, maybe 60%?

Just because you can do something in EU, it doesn't mean you should do it. That's my philosophy and it worked great so far.

I've seen plenty of examples where MA doesn't pay for someone stupidity. Same goes if you try to push the system into giving you a big payout(eg. OA101 crafters that make a huge round in hope of getting an ATH)

From what I understood from Marco's posts regarding how loot works in EU, he stated that an avatar will get the best returns if he does the right stuff for his skills. Finding the right mobs, right finder/amp or right BP's to craft it's not an easy task and it takes some time but I guess it's the "fun" part in EU. Even if you do find them it doesn't mean you'll get 90% tt return all the time, but in the long run. At least this is what I have learned so far from my experience in EU.

Sitram

Sitram do you have a link to Marco's post I would like to read it.
TIA.
Peace.

bump to help new miners

interesting thread popfuzz,

i used to mine alot 5-6 years ago,and i looked for veins mainly back then,
i still do that out of habit,im curious what your opinion is about veins

I don't believe in veins im pretty sure they changed that during the asteroid/meteor event that happened before my time.
I do believe in area timing though if your hitting lyst and oil alot in an area you prob need to move somewhere else.

ok thx,actually i almost never hit oil or lyst,when i mine its at amathera and i rarely have lyst/oil

Well same can be true with other ores and enmats etc. For instance some of the Solis areas switch to Ferrum nuts etc so if you got there for Solis and start hitting Ferrum then its time to move etc. Keeping detailed records can really help figure this out too.

ok thx,actually i almost never hit oil or lyst,when i mine its at amathera and i rarely have lyst/oil

that indeed does happen,but the stubborn fool i am keeps just going on in the same area :)
i have wondered before if its cause i use depthenhancers that i sometimes find a lot of ferrum

You dont need the depth for solis best to keep them off in those fields.

that indeed does happen,but the stubborn fool i am keeps just going on in the same area :)
i have wondered before if its cause i use depthenhancers that i sometimes find a lot of ferrum

I don't believe in veins im pretty sure they changed that during the asteroid/meteor event that happened before my time.
I do believe in area timing though if your hitting lyst and oil alot in an area you prob need to move somewhere else.

When I am hitting only Oil and Lyst I think that it is just the tt return for my efforts.

Nice thread. The theories are very much in line with what I have long believed about the loot system.

What was really helpful though was how you translated that into some useful strategies.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Subscribing so i can find this damn post easier. Also good info for newer players that might not have seen it.

This is a very good thread, essential reading for any miner. Many interesting ideas and concepts, to pick up.

Double bombing; i do it always, most of my globals and hofs have been a re-bomb (some of my biggest claims have been a re-bombing).
Would i had gotten those globals & hofs without re-bombing? Who knows, but going through my auto-screenshot images of my globals & hofs, ~80% of them have been a re-bomb, so i'll just continue doing that :p

When fuzzy is globaling and I am not do I need to go to fuzzy's area, pk her, and take her field? :p

Interesting information here. I am an old (ancient) miner from way before the meteor event. I still believe in the vein theory and also believe that rares spawn in waves in certain area's. How would you feel about getting together out in the field with me and testing some stuff and pooling our data together? I think with our 2 different backgrounds and lines of thinking it could be a healthy experience :)

I 100% agree with spawn waves, it happens in all three professions. If I hunt Fresco I am more likely to loot a second HL14 when I loot 1. When I am crafting I am more likely to loot a rare BP the same run or day I loot one etc.

I have a feeling it has more to do with ones own Loot cycle for some items but general area for other items.

As for veins I still don't believe in them I have used one of the tracking programs since I wrote this theory and logged a few 1000 claims in a week and saw no evidence for them.

When fuzzy is globaling and I am not do I need to go to fuzzy's area, pk her, and take her field? :p

Interesting information here. I am an old (ancient) miner from way before the meteor event. I still believe in the vein theory and also believe that rares spawn in waves in certain area's. How would you feel about getting together out in the field with me and testing some stuff and pooling our data together? I think with our 2 different backgrounds and lines of thinking it could be a healthy experience :)

such thing has veins dont exist. what exist is a loot cycle

Would be fun to read these threads if you knew ;)
I bet the staff at MA laughs at these during coffee

Veins do exist as long as the players let them.

such thing has veins dont exist. what exist is a loot cycle

I have a proof of at least one vein existing. One on my forehead, that start to pulsate when I'm deep into a terrible loot swing (i call that loot menstruation)

Back