Portugal meeting 2009 - Porto

OgiMini

Elite
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Ogi OgiMini Mini
And so it’s time to make the second edition of the most fun RL Meeting ever.

PORTO MEET UP

Some have asked to make this event with more anticipation and before August so it would be possible to gather the usual London meeting goers here. The flight from London to Porto takes like 2 hours and costs from zero to 60 Euros (come and go).

The dates:
19, 20 and 21 June 2009

Where:​

Cais de Gaia, sister city of Porto, Douro Riverside - see map below.

How to Get Here :​

Plane trip: Land in Oporto’s Airport, get into Metro (subway) that leads you to "Camera de Gaia" (u can’t go wrong), you will have to switch line at Trindade Stop, but if any help is needed, there are always plenty of nice employees ready to guide you in the right direction.
You can always do what most have done last year: take a cab. It will be like 15€ or so.

Suggest you all get a seat on www.Ryanair.com ,they fly cheap, if you can get reserved in advanced, specially from London.

Where to stay:

Ibis Hotel

Around 45euros per night for 1, 2 or 3 persons - must be reserved in advanced.

Brand New Low cost Hotel

they have 29,99 rooms but its a bit more far like 5 or 6 kms, you will need for sure to rent a car. even so is way cheaper, 29,99+6,99 = less than 40

You can also try to find other options here, there’s alot equally cheap:

Hotel booking

Here’s a map of the meeting place to help find hotels if you prefer others besides the recommended, although this one is near everything and very cool, just ask those who came last year:)

Also if you guys want to rent a car here’s a sweet deal:

6.99 Euros a day:

Rent a Car for 6,99 a DAY!!!!

Prices are very, very affordable and if you ask around, last year was a blast! This year is sooner so more people can make it.

So The Plans are:

Friday 19:

As people arrive at meeting point on map, we will be at nearby bars, will dine and go visit that nice little smashing glasses bar we went last year "guincho do jones":)

Saturday 20:

People should start coming during the day (if you come sooner no problem, we’ll have nice stuff to do all the time), so meeting will be on the same map spot. We will have lunch there and stay for all afternoon…

Insert surprise event here:)

At night after dinner, we’ll cross the bridge to the other side of the river, to a place called "galerias de paris", it’s a road actually, but its surrounded by Bars and everyone is on the street. It’s the place to be these days;) And btw drinks are so cheap you won’t believe.... vodka for 1,5 Euros, beer for 1 euro.. this will get us trouble I bet :D

Depending on number of people coming, program will be adjusted.

Sunday the 21:

Meet for lunch, well depends on how hard the night will be :)

Chill out on the sea side. Dunno for sure if will make a quiz this time, but maybe a nice surprise will come:)

Program can be changed.

There wil be a Major games convection right here in Porto in same weekend, im in contact with Mindark and www.XLPARTY.com organisers to see if maybe its a good time and place to promote entropia for Portugal and Spain.

If its possible program will adjust. I hear that theer wil be indoor paintball also:)

EXTRA FUN 23 to 24 June

For those who want to extend the stay, this is the night of the most popular party in Portugal, where all in the city come to the street and bangs everybody’s head with hammers (plastic ofc)

Major fun, alot of food, drinks and crazy girls, jumping over fire piles, fireworks, music on the streets etc.
Bring sport shoes!

Here’s a picture or 2, it’s called "S. João do Porto"
makes Brasil’s Carnaval a party for noobs:)

Last year’s meeting Thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/off-topic/111766-portugal-meeting-popular-demand.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/154966-pics-portugal-meet-2009-a.html

Last edited:
Im looking for efd donations and an artist to make and post a banner here on ef promoting teh meeting. plz Pm if u willing to help. ty

Coming/might comming:

OgiMini
Jasmin
Vulcano
ModWife
Harakiri
Lorfat
MistyDawn
Jamhot
Bloodrose
Kazanori
zee devel
Alkarias
vanjadiablo
travolta
NAOMI
mayaren1
DannyO
nanosapiens

LATE ADICTION TO THE PROGRAM

LIGHTBULBSTEALING

I have been targeted by LIGHTBULBSTEALING powerfull Lobby, and i cant say no.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure this year will be even better.
This is a great time to come to Portugal: weather is great, people wear few cloth :D there are many different parties happening all around... couldn't be better.

I would like to offer my help for those who need it for booking and so, do hurry cause cheap flights and rooms will end soon.

Come and enjoy!! :wtg::yay:

Popular Demand!

:)one day, there will be a popular demand for another city... such as Coimbra, or Evora...:D

even gaia would be original !

I Love the porto anyway, this time i will be there!
Meeting the most important portuguese players is a grand ambition of mine!

This looks like fun.
Dont put me on list just yet... but It could be the first PE meeting I attend to..

OFC 2 tickets ...... Vulcano / Modwife :D:D:D

OFC 2 tickets ...... Vulcano / Modwife :D:D:D

You and Modwife were already on the list. You wouldn't dare not to come!! :laugh: Me and Ogi would go get you both at home muahahahah

This looks like fun.
Dont put me on list just yet... but It could be the first PE meeting I attend to..

weeeeeeeeeee u will finaly loose ur virginity!!!! would be a honor to deflower you:) hihihi ill be gentle i promisse!

Maybe i can go this year again but its not easy leaving Algarve....

Could be my year to go too ... subscribing. :)

Maybe i can go this year again but its not easy leaving Algarve....

Just make sure this time you bring your teeth in perfect condition :D

OHH and btw have you called Harold and Zee yet and asked if they would share the room with ya? hi hi hi

Photon do come! I can garantee you'll have great fun.

Looks pretty interesting, would be cool if there was some expo's on around that time either nearby or in Europe that I could attend to help promote Entropia.

Might be tricky to get there otherwise though, but will keep it in mind :)

- Deathifier

Looks pretty interesting, would be cool if there was some expo's on around that time either nearby or in Europe that I could attend to help promote Entropia.

- Deathifier

My grandmother always says: there is a solution for everything in the world :D

- Deathifier

Great coincedence (or not) There wil be at that same weekend a game convencion here in porto www.xlparty.com .(unfortly site is on portuguese only)

Already in touch with the organizer and david from MA to see possibilities to promote our dear game here. Dont wana sound like this is India or something but its realy cheap:)

Alot of media covering it, and it just has the "face" of entropia.

Lets make a big meeting so MA feel more at ease that we will defend entropia with our lives:)

What im hoping is that this to be the first convention for Entropia Cry2 version:)

Well Ogi, thank you for the PM inviting me.....

i did promise you in London 2008 that i would come to Portugal, unfortunately the world, business and money does not work that way!:laugh:

However, the love of my life, Lily(lireta) is now in game too.... and she LOVED the Leeds meet, and both TDO camping trips..... so maybe she will force me to come......

However:D we are also planning a TDO meet in June/July as one member of our soc is traveling half way round the world to visit us in Europe, so we shall have to look at dates..... maybe he can come to Portugal too..........

SUBSCRIBING!

Stinky:yay:

Last edited:
Would love to come, hopefully my finances will allow. Ty for the invite Ogi.

Jamhot

Stinky ur doomed!!
Lily wants to come here!

You only saying this becouse you want her to force you, you sadomaso!
Proly we wil have some more guys coming for the other part of the world also..

Get him here also. he is invited:)

And fock the finances:) you proly will spend less here than staying at home:)

Jamhot your doomed to come also:)

Last edited:
Jamhot your doomed to come also:)

are you sure you want him!?!?!?
at the last IRL meet, he was eating mustard from a rose stalk.....
[YOUTUBE]elsi0zNpEhw[/YOUTUBE]
:laugh:oh the joys of mobile phones......

Jam is sooooo gonna kill me for this...

Hi

You dont know what you are going to loose if you dont come,speacially breaking glasses.:yay::yay::yay:

Hehehe.... I have seen how your country men drive mate... and I think I will pass on that one...:D

Subscribing only... not sure if I'm home. ;)

Shut up !! we drive amazingly!!! u just wna be free from driving!!:)

See what modwife tells ya... be sure to be home.. better yet be sure to be at porto:)

I`ll have to check the timeing of my trip to Greece :scratch2: ...... Put me on a maybe list for now :dance:

I can't Ogi, would love to come but it's right at the end of my exams :(

Hey Jas!!!! xxxxxxXx ;p

Barto :(

However, the love of my life, Lily(lireta) is now in game too.... and she LOVED the Leeds meet, and both TDO camping trips..... so maybe she will force me to come......
So Stinky, that is truly easy to solve! Bring your wife here and make her happy (oh believe me, she will love coming to Portugal!!) and bring along all in TDO. And you can go camping here if you want. There are excellent spots for that, and I can help on planning.
So, now that you don’t have an excuse not to come, when will you arrive and how many will you be?

Would love to come, hopefully my finances will allow. Ty for the invite Ogi.
Jamhot
Start saving now!!

Hehehe.... I have seen how your country men drive mate... and I think I will pass on that one...:D
Subscribing only... not sure if I'm home. ;)
Ohh you’ll find a way of getting out of the ship. Yes you will!! :D
And about driving, I have a bad news for all: I will have a car by then and will drive hehehehe

I can't Ogi, would love to come but it's right at the end of my exams :(
Hey Jas!!!! xxxxxxXx ;p
Barto :(

There are no exams at weekends!! Please do come!!! Won’t you do that for me? 

lol @ Ogi! I just read thread and you've put me down as coming before I've even worked it out! lol

But your right! I am coming.

I've done the maths tonight and this is very doable! So I'm in! I hope it's as cheap as you say it is when i get there! I like Beer. :D Just make sure I get fed at regular intervals! :wise:

Do they have brown sauce in Portugal?

Jamhot

Back