Positive feedback about VU10

Ronaldo Monk Coltrane
After reading countless threads about players bitching about the new VU, I thought it would be nice to start something positive. Please post positive feedback here. I'll start.

One of the things I really enjoyed when I first started playing was exploring. Now I can do that again. Everything is different, I like it. I like wandering around and seeing new stuff.

Hunting is new again, and the controls are going to take some practice, but I'm getting used to them. I think that I can spend some time at the swamp camp grinding some tt weapons as a way to resolve that.

I'm excited to see what changes are in store for us next.

Positive things; actual 1st Post (lol)

Yeah since I have started to play EU with vu10 I actually enjoy it alot better than before because I personally have played a lot of games including Crysis and love the Graphics and things like that, but now coming back to Entropia and Playing again with the new vu10 I play it more than ever because I now enjoy it a lot more especially exploring the new Terrain, figuring out the controls to me was a piece of cake learning new things in games has always been easy with me and it doesn't take me very long to adapt very easily at all and when I get interested and loving the game then my learning skills increases a lot (lol).

Apart from that I enjoy it a lot vu10 rocks and is great on my rig anyway. I do however look forward to future updates into vu10 I can see alot of things happening in the new EU, MA may want to consider to bring in yachts and vehicles, oh yeah not to forget the Torches lol,,etc

well thats me anyway.

So anyone out there that is enjoying it as much as I do, well have fun in vu10 is cool.

I never in my life think negatives thoughts I don't like that all.

kguruax :)

Does anyone else find it hilarious that, in over 24 hours, this topic not only is just a single page--but only has a single legitimate reply? :laugh:

To be fair: The graphics ARE indeed vastly improved. It's about time. I haven't really been able to play the game long enough to do any real exploring--or even map my keyboard controls, for that matter--I get about 2 minutes of nice graphics before I CTD or BSOD.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that, in over 24 hours, this topic not only is just a single page--but only has a single legitimate reply? :laugh:

I know, it's ridiculous! It makes me not want to log in here at all...

Last edited:
Maybe the OP was not thought provoking and inspiring enough in his first post to encourage people to join in... :laugh:

But the positive things,
- I like the new graphics a lot
- I think the movement of avatar is vastly improved
- I love exploring the new world, it seems so big now!
- I love the draw distance, you can see cities from far far away
- Day and night cycle rocks!
- Avatars no longer look like barbies (unless u make them that way)
- New effects like laser beams, heat, steam and sunset reflecting off water
- You can repair attachments on L items without detaching them
- Possibility to adjust graphics a lot in options, and furthermore in config files
- You can resize and move the chat screen
- Bigger more accurate map

And so much more I just take for granted already... :ahh:

Game runs really well and is soooooo beautiful. I came prepared before launch of VU 10 and can now benefit from it !
Actually theres not alot of whining at all in RELICS atleast not about VU but results in mining always creates some frustration :)

The biggest positive aspect I guess is the realism of watereffect etc...etc...etc

Reactions: dj.
Actually theres not alot of whining at all in RELICS atleast not about VU but results in mining always creates some frustration :)

There's hasn't been much complaining in the Michigan Militia either, but alot of us haven't been spending that much time ingame due to our financial situations... (so it doesn't really have much to do with the new VU.):broke:

I also can not complain about VU10. Views are just awesome and i relly like day and night cycle. I am been in game since VU 8.1, so seen a little bit how this game has changed during years. Always in new VU has been some problem, like sliding and rubberband running, but they are fixed in time. I think that MA made very good and working enviroment in VU9.4, now that just have to implement to new graphic world and it gonna take a while to get all working again.

In new VU there is no reason why i should stop playing or depositing. I dont have thatkind problems at all. Everything just works a little bit slower but what the heck, i dont have hurry to anyhere. :laugh:

Reactions: dj.
Positive

Graphics have not improved, they have *evolved* into something new ;) In addition to what has already been said:

- Avatar movement and physics are quite impressively realistic
- Light rendition is incredible (laser bumps reflecting on the grass at night)
- Water is... water. The stills on the camera when "emerging" are quite classy
- I like the new controls: you can operate (shoot/loot) even when walking/running; you can drill at a certain distance; I've never hunted in first person before, but i must admit that I like it now
- Land and vegetation are very accurate and feel real
- Environmental effects (night/day, wind, fog) are great

So. The *platform* for the game is astonishing, and we had no doubt about CryEngine before. If not FPC, sure other planets will conquer earth :)

Despite using an Nvidia 7600 gfx, the game runs really smoothly in most places with Avatar set to Very High, Rendering set to full and Water Quality set to High (and everything else to Low).

I ran to the lake at TI the other day and it looked really spectacular as the sun was setting. I could see all of the properties lit up, even at the far side from where I was.

I was able to see the towers at Sakura from something like 1.5km distance.

This VU is starting to turn into a good effort, even with an "unsupported" gfx card.

But the positive things,
- I like the new graphics a lot
- I think the movement of avatar is vastly improved
- I love exploring the new world, it seems so big now!
- I love the draw distance, you can see cities from far far away
- Day and night cycle rocks!
- Avatars no longer look like barbies (unless u make them that way)
- New effects like laser beams, heat, steam and sunset reflecting off water
- You can repair attachments on L items without detaching them
- Possibility to adjust graphics a lot in options, and furthermore in config files
- You can resize and move the chat screen
- Bigger more accurate map

And so much more I just take for granted already... :ahh:

I can agree with all that :wtg:

Also, Im one of the few that like the rocks, tree's and mountains, Im not a miner, but I still have to think about what Im doing now, tagging a mob and changing my firing line, so it wont get stuck.. I like it, its real.

I found auction a bit fiddly first few times I used it, but Im adapting to that. I even found it hilarious trying to guess where the door was in service centre in pitch blakness :rofl:
Although, they fixed that now.

I like the swimming features, back-stroke/jumping etc, and the water running off the visor.

Some of the new creature noises are cool, running through a dark jungle and hearing that is creepy, in an awesome way (apart from that train I keep hearing lol)

New landscape features, like the waterfalls are really lovely to see also.

:wtg:

It looks pretty, finished looking around and am looking forward to coming back in game when all features are back :).

What I like in VU10...

In the new features:
- A few landscapes, especially the ones looking like Earth (provided with CE).
- New cool effects (flashes, heat, smoke) when using weapons.
- The light and shadows effects during sunrise and sunset.
- [Alt + Enter] to switch full screen and windowed mode.
- Complete Service Centers (w/ auctioneer) in every Outpost.
- EDIT: the "water on camera view" effect when getting out of water.

In the improved/fixed things:
- Repair (L) gear with (UL) attachements

This is my list. Not big but I tried to do it honestly. :)

Last edited:
i don't need to repeat the comments about the graphic, i be full agree with this. And i really be happy to get my shop in a nice new Mall, very near to the oxford tp. I like this place, all around there is good mining, and south of oxford is the big falx place. Also i like that eu runs on highest settings, and i could set the GPU power to lowest run :)

Hi,

The game is really nice. MA and FPC did it. Congrats to them. No words really. :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

For all the whiners, try to learn how the IT industry works in general and you will be amazed by the work that has been done here.

I just miss my TP chip and I still hate the loot system lol :)

I am confident for the future and that is the most important thing.

Carry on the good work

Axel

Last edited:
Can people who are saying the new graphics look great post a screenshot? I'd like to know what it's supposed to look like. It looks a mess on my machine.

couple I just uploaded..

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

It's good to say that the VU is nice. I agree graphics look great etc...
But if the game crashed on your computer every 5 minutes like it does on mine (NVidia card...) then you may have a different opinion.

So far, the things are like are as follows :

It looks like a new game (although it is pretty much the same as the old)

Lots of new places to see and explore.

Looks much much much better (and modern).

Day / night is a nice bonus.

For such a major undertaking, they seem to be doing reasonably well, bugwise (not saying there are no bugs, just that such an update seems to have gone reasonably well - but they could have done ALOT better with ABIT of proper testing)

Starting the SGA now keeps me (and others) hoping to be THE ONE and less chance of people thinking of leaving, knowing they just may get something nice.

+rep to OP...nice to see a positive take on the new vu and hearing other positive comments...
personally i love it, amazing graphics, love the night time, especially in the snow at solfais, up on the mountains until sunrise is spectacular.
the new movement is great from a fps perspective
i havent tried hunting yet, maybe next week, too busy checking out the surroundings and helping new players :)

It's good to say that the VU is nice. I agree graphics look great etc...
But if the game crashed on your computer every 5 minutes like it does on mine (NVidia card...) then you may have a different opinion.

It is just a matter of time I guess. I have a 9800 gts nvidia (laptop) and have nearly no pb. I understand it is very frustrating, it remind me when they introduced the shader 3.0 version. At that time, my newly bought computer crashed all the time when hunting drones. Things has been solved very quickly.

Axel

I Love the update and it even looks kickass on my pc as bad as my pc is

AMD 3500
1.5gb ram
nvidia 7600 black edition

couple I just uploaded..

any pics of daylight play with loads of foliage? that's when it really looks bad on my machine. the plants look terrible, the highlights are bleached out. rocks seem to appear as i move past them. not sure if they are rocks actually, white coloured bits on the floor(?) then there are the old textures on the buildings which were poor first time around.

any pics of daylight play with loads of foliage? that's when it really looks bad on my machine. the plants look terrible, the highlights are bleached out. rocks seem to appear as i move past them. not sure if they are rocks actually, white coloured bits on the floor(?) then there are the old textures on the buildings which were poor first time around.

Oh.. thanx for posting these ones DJ pfftttt :rolleyes:

Might take some later.. if ya lucky.. ;)

My graphics card is a nvidia 9300M GS, and I have 4 gigs of ram, and EU does ok. It's only crashed a few times, but I think it may have to do with my borrowed wifi internet connection.:ahh:

I agree with what everyone else has said. The night-time and dusk are absolutely beautiful.

One problem I'm getting though is ugly blurriness if I try to turn on AA or turn off AF (anything above 2x Box AA and below 12x AF in vid card settings just gets blurry and slow...). Setting to "application controlled" and turning on the in-game AA has the same effect. Otherwise Very High works great as long as there isn't too much grass (although far away objects like Sakura towers look veeeery blocky without AA). [ATI Mobility HD4570 on lappy]

I think Port Atlantis is really amazing and beautiful. They did a lot of great design on it.

It's also fun to do some cliff diving off the towers.

Right I took some pics, although my graphics were playing up tonight, seem to be alot of lag, dunno why :scratch2:

Anyhoo, this is what I got:

Landscape

Grass

Fern

Small Tree

Bigger Tree

X-Mas decorations

Rocks

Ok, some +ve feedback.

1: My avi look just like he did before the VU.
None of the old BS requiring me to remake him, losing customisations. I kept my hair style, my hair (and eye-brow) colour, and in general any alterations made. I Still look like like I did before. Unlike last time when I had major plastic surgery, and ended up looking like someone else.....

2: My clothing is as far as I can see unchanged. None of the BS about urban nomad black boots becoming light grey, and crashing in price. It looks now like it did before, and if there any changes they are for the better.

On the two above positive issues I am happy.

Bugs with key binding can be fixed. Problems changing GFX setting are just that: problems that will be solved. Changes in how auction might work are changes, and we will adapt.

CTD when this or that is done are issues that need to be, and are being, sorted.

But the 2 issues that MA got right are big ones. Changing the look of an avi, or customized items are major, as they cost a lot to put right, or can not be reverted, and lose money that way...

I do not for one second expect that my urban nomad black boots will be black again, but as they are in my apart, and aparts are currently not implemented I can not check.

Oh, and by the way, it looks awsome! Just need to spend more time fiddling with the setting to get the best FPS from it!

EDIT:

One thing I wish they would do:

If you put something into storage and it will not go where you put it, put it back into your inventory, rather than put it some-where in the storage that it will fit, way way up!

Last edited:
Ok, some +ve feedback.

1: My avi look just like he did before the VU.
None of the old BS requiring me to remake him, losing customisations. I kept my hair style, my hair (and eye-brow) colour, and in general any alterations made. I Still look like like I did before. Unlike last time when I had major plastic surgery, and ended up looking like someone else.....

That's strange...when I saw my previous avatar during the avatar re-creation phase, it didn't look like me, at all (the pic in my signature). And, I felt pressured to rush through the av creation process because I kept locking up. I didn't have the usual hour or so that I like to take to do everything 'just right'. Now I'll have to see a plastic surgeon to nip 'n' tuck here and there. :rolleyes:

Back