Possible use of auction bot?

Status

InDaHouse

Stalker
Society
General of Sanctuary
Saoirse
This matter has been reported to support as this is not the first time this has happened to me by not only this user on multiple occasions but by others too.

I made a bid on this Thyroid oil and I was outbid so fast that the system did not give me a message to tell me i've been outbid and the menu on left shows me in green as highest bid, yet the person in red has a higher bid and according to auction screen is top bidder.

As i said this has happened a few times now and i've notice 2-3 times by this avatar, I do think we may have foul play at hand here and urge anyone else suffering same problem to screenshot and report it ASAP!

<pic removed - see mod note below>

Last edited by a moderator:
Check buyout offer. You got outbid by auction B/O offer.

Place an order and it will make automatic bids for you too.
The auction accepts orders, people pre-pay for something up to a certain % they choose.
And the auction now makes bids for them up to that %

You shouldn't call out someone's name like that if you dont fully understand.

Saorise, you may have missed this change in VU 15.1:

Auction Order Improvements
Auction orders will now place bids automatically on offers with no buyout and on offers with buyouts higher than the auction order’s maximum bid. The automatic bids will be made at the lowest legal bid amount and the system will continue to raise the bid against subsequent competing bids as high as the order’s maximum price will allow. Offers with a buyout price lower than an order’s maximum price will be matched immediately at the offer’s buyout price, functioning the same as before this update.

/mod note/
Also, you've been a member here long enough to be aware of the forum's 'no naming & shaming rule'.
I'll removed your pic - but feel free to upload it again after obscuring the name of this individual.

in any casy it is possible.

This matter has been reported to support as this is not the first time this has happened to me by not only this user on multiple occasions but by others too.

I made a bid on this Thyroid oil and I was outbid so fast that the system did not give me a message to tell me i've been outbid and the menu on left shows me in green as highest bid, yet the person in red has a higher bid and according to auction screen is top bidder.

As i said this has happened a few times now and i've notice 2-3 times by this avatar, I do think we may have foul play at hand here and urge anyone else suffering same problem to screenshot and report it ASAP!

<pic removed - see mod note below>

Yup it is the new auction order system, BUT there is a bug also which doesnt show that you were overbid (which means very often you will end up not buying item you wanted to buy, cause you didnt know about being outbid)

There are auction bots also (using the same application that was advertised on this forum last week (during the bot attack)) but auction bots work bit different atm. One of big auction bots got banned in november or december after that havent seen much of them anymore.

thread can be deleted.

P.s. according to my msg center i won that auction, but i did not recieve the item due to being outbid so fast.

Sorry for for the naming of that person but I was not accusing mearly pointing out the "POSSIBLE" use of a bot programe. I did not accuse the avatar mearly as stated suggested!

oh and thanks for the neg reps for trying to help the community, next time i'll keep quiet and let others mess the system and win!

Status
Back