Info: Possible viruswarning inside EU

I wouldnt allow it at all. And no i havent seen it.

Awesomium is a windowless web-browser framework and process known as awesomium_process.exe belongs to software Crysis 2 Maximum Edition by ArenaNet

Got this about 10 times today when playing:

Anyone ells seen this??

Ammis/Rapido

this is a old but quite serious virus, since you seem to be the only one reporting this on the forum it would suggest that your pc was not infected via entropia universe.
a side effect of this virus is that it tries to infect all executable files on your system partition.
if you got infected with a old virus such as this it would suggest to me that you (sometimes) disable your virus scanner and/or firewall and/or that you are using a poor quality or out of date virus scanner.
i then also wonder if you keep windows up to date.
this virus can also spread via network shares so any other machine you have in the house is likely to be infected too.

microsoft says its own malware tool detects and removes this virus:
https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Win32%2fGael
there are also free virus scanners with a reasonable reputation such as avast, all this costs is registering with your email address.
after you have scanned your pc(s) with a (new) virus scanner or microsoft's tool, make sure your firewall is enabled and run windows update to make sure you are up to date i would use the repair option in the entropia universe client loader to make sure entropia is working correctly, this may ask you to delete some files, it did for me and after deleting EU still functions.
it is good practice to never disable your firewall or antivirus if a program does not work as intended, it is always best to look for a specific solution instead.
goodluck.

this is a old but quite serious virus, since you seem to be the only one reporting this on the forum it would suggest that your pc was not infected via entropia universe.
a side effect of this virus is that it tries to infect all executable files on your system partition.
if you got infected with a old virus such as this it would suggest to me that you (sometimes) disable your virus scanner and/or firewall and/or that you are using a poor quality or out of date virus scanner.
i then also wonder if you keep windows up to date.
this virus can also spread via network shares so any other machine you have in the house is likely to be infected too.

microsoft says its own malware tool detects and removes this virus:
https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Win32%2fGael
there are also free virus scanners with a reasonable reputation such as avast, all this costs is registering with your email address.
after you have scanned your pc(s) with a (new) virus scanner or microsoft's tool, make sure your firewall is enabled and run windows update to make sure you are up to date i would use the repair option in the entropia universe client loader to make sure entropia is working correctly, this may ask you to delete some files, it did for me and after deleting EU still functions.
it is good practice to never disable your firewall or antivirus if a program does not work as intended, it is always best to look for a specific solution instead.
goodluck.

Its up to date, both system and virusprogram, never turn firewall of either.

Its up to date, both system and virusprogram, never turn firewall of either.

if it keeps on giving the warning it does not seem to be able to do anything about the infection though?
as i said before i suggest running the microsoft tool from the link or downloading another (free) virus scanner and attempt to remove it, it seems to be quite a old virus/trojan so it is pretty strange you are infected by it.

personally i havent had a warning when i updated entropia and if i remember correctly the file in question is not even being used by entropia universe, i seem to recall that this was one of the files entropia removed when i chose the repair option in the clientloader after updating and i cant find it on my system.

I can't see any file "awesonium-process.exe" in my bin32 directory.

Weren't they removed with the VU?

After some googling, at least one thought it was a false positive, on the other hand when/if it starts to get used, MA needs to check the web pages loaded, so it doesn't load anything "bad".

Back