Power leveling

What hes saying is its always been hp vs lvl for skill gains..

so for example a lvl1 mob with 10hp will yield greatly increased skill gains over a lvl1 mob with 10000hp, thats why farming punies gives incredible skill gains vs farming SK all day.

Its also based on decay or costs... i had a deciple complete mentoring from 0 in 2hrs once using my lvl100 gun and mod2600 fap.. the anat gains were crazy

Isn't the amount of skills you gain based on cost.

The more ammo your guns uses the more xp you get.
Thats what i always believed, no testing done.

You are going too deep in on this, you may be on to something but in reality it is so much simpler, like others have already mentioned, but I will try to explain in as few words as possible.

Skill gain (all skills, general or combat or any other) are gained on ped spent, and as quickly as you can spend the better the skill gain.
2nd part of that equation is looting events, as you gain kill skill gain at the end of each kill.

So for crafting - the higher the click cost the more skills
For mining - the more you spend per probe the more skills you get.

For hunting it is a little more complicated.
You need as many looting events as possible, then you want highest level mob possible. So if you can find a mob that has high level but low hp, you will gain most skills, simply due to looting events.

so a couple examples:
Atrox Young HP/LVL = 58.2
Atrox Hatchling HP/LVL = 10
Atrox Queen HP/LVL 223.6

So most skill you will gain from Atrox hatchlings.
Now equip most DPS, with all attachments, enhancers, skill pills, dps pills and best armor so you don't waste time healing, and you have a recipe for fastest skilling possible!

Have a good day!
Soko

Your topic is - Power Leveling
You don't have any question marks in your thread, that makes me think this is more like a tutorial rather than asking for explanation or accuracy of your statements.
So for those who are newer to the game and are looking how to "power level" I want to say, please don't read what is being posted by OP. Mob attributes don't matter in regards to how quickly you will skill certain professions. Mob HP, level and your gear, and time spent will impact your progression!

Ambulimax

Agility:17
Intelligence:4
Psyche:2
Stamina:101
Strength:120

Thank you for your attention,

But the topic is made for MOB attributes. If you do not understand its meaning, I recommend that you check your claims on Ambulmax using a rifle and a sword, by a hour in both.

Usually I detect the acquired skills per hour using my "Progress Bar" of the Main skill.

I think only a new player does not know that gaining more skills increases with the cost. That's why I didn't expect such comments.

If you want to get the most cost to kill MF chip, but after an hour of hunting, with it you will gain 60 times less TT of MF skills than if you use a Sword or Knife, which is not based on 2 points Psyche but 120 Strength =)
Sorry, but what was the decay ont the rifle and the sword ?
How much ammo did you use on the rifle and the sword ?
What where the start levels ?

And what has all this to do with the ATTRIBUTE Levels of the mob ?
Only thing that mmight play a role could be stamina...there was a time where those mobs where called simply "high regen", meaning they where costier to kill than "low regen".

And switching a weapon after an hour is really nothing. If you want hard proofs, try a few thousand hours or at least one hundred .
Cheapest "power levelling" has allways been to simply chip in and whith every mayhem people handing out skills for free, it is even cheaper.
Fastest "power levelling" without chipping in is using stuff you should not and rarely comes "cheap" (aka invest 100K in outfit and expect another 100K losses to get to an uber level).
And even Codex does not help that much....even at the high ranks and repeats I only get a bonus of 5%.
And if you think that "leveling fast" means you unlocked Kill Strike and really got from 40 Sword DMG to 60 Sword Dmg because you had almost zero skills in the associated skills....
Profession levels can be unlocked using other skills and enable you to use much higher level things than you would as a 1 day noob and yes up to a certain point you will progress faster because you had no skills there and because you are cycling more than you could with higher level waepon and you are producing way more decay in that time.

And I tried it...A105 on a Karma Killa for 10 hours (lots of repairs)..gave me way more skills on the same mob than with an same level (L) amp.
Would not advise it though...because after all...Loot returns on low efficiency is not something for the faint hearted.
And even then...what if one is in a low Skill return "wave" ? What if for 100 hourse you simpley get 30% less skills than normal ?
Skills are to be treated as loot....and I highly doubt the mobs attributes affect the loot.

How about codex?

Your main weapon is a rifle or a pistol... well, you are so fucked because your main Skill is not involved in the DMG profession as it is in other weapons/professions.

If I understand your theory correctly, then skilling up melee should be way faster than LWT/BLP. Maybe ... but I never noticed this difference, everything is equally slow :)

Take care,
BBB

Mob level determines skills gained per mob, therefore a mob with a higher level to hp ratio means you can skill faster on it with the same setup.

This is the only metric that is valid.

Try Ambulmax with MF then with Sword or Knife. After the tests he shared the result.

So basically you have a theory and you want others to do the tests ?
Why do you not share your findings ? The hard facts and numbers?

Nice theory!!

Worth getting a few Mazeweaver certificates and testing it :)

So from what I get, if mob 1 has a high psyche, it is effective to gain skills associated with the psyche, ie Mindforce?
Similarly, if the mob has high strength rating it is better to use melee to skill as effectively as possible, am I correct?
I get the theory, I just don't think this would work well in practice, honestly don't, not to mention if MU is involved.

Skill gain (all skills, general or combat or any other) are gained on ped spent,

If that is so, how then does sweating and running into high lv/damage mobs give skills?
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I am saying it's not just ped spent.

If we accept that the skills are part of the loot.. so.. should I accept my loot is 110%+ always?

If we accept that the skills are part of the loot.. so.. should I accept my loot is 110%+ always?
damm dont share the secret else everyone will get 110% tt and you wont be ablet o profit by selling skills at same price :p

damm dont share the secret else everyone will get 110% tt and you wont be ablet o profit by selling skills at same price :p

Maybe you talk about these players? I'm not sure this comment is for me or for them, but let we said that during mayhem my AH Fees are 2k ped while my profit is 200 ped/monthly, do you think should i keep anymore my "secret" or the shits should be fixed?

Last edited:
Back