Question: PP babies

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
I wonder, after all this time rocktropia, Arkadia, Next Island and Cyrene have been around. Are there many PP specific babies that grown up and stuck to the game.
I'm talking about people atleast being level 20 prospector or level 30 in hit/dmg profession?

Since, the whole idea was that the PP would bring in a new fresh batch of players; but I have not encountered anyone yet that is a PP baby that works his way up to mid levelness.

So, how rare are these babies? anyone knows?

I know lots of Rock babys that are in their 40+ lvls
been long enough now though you cant distinguish them from caly players since everyone moves around.

I wonder, after all this time rocktropia, Arkadia, Next Island and Cyrene have been around. Are there many PP specific babies that grown up and stuck to the game.
I'm talking about people atleast being level 20 prospector or level 30 in hit/dmg profession?

Since, the whole idea was that the PP would bring in a new fresh batch of players; but I have not encountered anyone yet that is a PP baby that works his way up to mid levelness.

So, how rare are these babies? anyone knows?

Arkadia came what, a year after Roctropia and Next Island? But yes, there are people around who started on all three and ahve the levels you mention. There are people who started (inc recently) on Cyrene too, though Cyrene "soft launched" end of 2012, no?

Rock baby here, recently hit lvl 30. 3+ years.

I know a lot of Rock Babies who have already passed me by skill-wise...

Good peoples, for sure ;-)

:wtg:

PP Babies?

Baby, hmm.....

I was "born" on NI.... more like drop kicked into the game. I was "born" DOA.... by the time the screen had loaded the Grey Papoo, and Mountain Boars had killed me.... My buddy had a good laugh at that, He just kept telling me I needed to make it to the Serpentine Village Tp. Of course the TP was invisible at the time... I spent a good hour dying trying to get to the TP, before I had started to run the mobs to die W, so I had a clear shot to run E the next revive.... After about 3 hours in total, I was about to give up, when I made it.... I had landed on the Invisible platform, only to be killed by a boar under the TP. I was about to give up and try a new game, when I was rescued by another player.

After I made it to Club Neverdie, I was relieved, and was told how the game worked, and that Serpentine Village was bugged, and would be fixed soon. Soon....<laughs> For the next few months I would stand guard and help the new players make it to the TP. I found players to help when i could not handle it myself. My first 2 globals were on rescues. I have met several good players who still play, that would have quit if not rescued.

I think some players had too easy of a start in this game... Trial by fire was not the best, but it has made us better players. I have many friends from those days still active in my society. A few of those players make some of the older Calypso players stats look insignificant. We have a non depositing healer that has more skills and talent than many depositing players.

As far as stats go.... I don't want to brag, or come off as bragging.... I have over 230 K skills, my highest weapon skill is 59, survey and prospecting are at 39, highest crafting is 39 VSE, the 31 Mech eng, and 30 Armor engineer....

There are many new planets out there.... and their residents are very strong... not "Babies"

Okay, very nice previous story Chuck; also, I don't ment they are babies now; I ment it as the term "millinium babies" and such. Nice to see there are people around from other planets.

Seems alot of you where winterborn. (winterborn comes from ancient sparta where they put a fresh baby out of their front door the first night to asure it was strong; if it was cold and winter... well hench the term winterborn)

CND baby here...

I totally agree that a lot of players have had a very start to the game... Too easy.

MA has done a lot to improve the new player experience however what it's lacking is some drama.

Drama gets people hooked

Back