Press releases about entropia universe

Salty Grimyth

Dominant
Society
I Dunno Why
Grimyth Salty qq
It doesn't happen very often that I will weigh in on threads formed here on the forums. I do enjoy reading the press releases so I can see how the game is being promoted around the world in different countries to possible new players or even those that have long left the game.

I recently just got done reading a novel posted on the 33k USD (huge GZ) loot with all the long replies and opinions. I value that everyone has an opinion and is able to voice it on the forums. (many will have an opinion on my Press release response that is general to all press releases that end up on the forums.)

I Started Playing this game approximately 4 years ago, I recently had my largest loot ever 41k+ on a Yuka on planet Arkadia. I have had many loots in the 5 digit range over the years and feel that this game is very well balanced when one steps back and looks at all the information available to them. Entropialife (which I am a part of) as well as some other very informative sites give very insightful information on how to play the game, which when properly approached can definitely only improve your results. I encourage everyone to use these sites to enhance their in game play on the entropia universe platform.

I posted a little bit about me in this post because so many new players come here to see what this great thing called Entropia is, I am a player, business partner, land owner and most of all someone who enjoys the entertainment value I get from the game and the information that is here in press releases.

That being said I know that negativity goes with anything that may involve RCE, it is the nature of the beast. Press releases here are important so that as a community we can keep track of what is happening outside the game, that very much effects the player base and the draw of new players that often come from these releases. This game has been around for over 10 years now and despite a barrage of economical, technical, and many other obstacles has managed to push forward. I would encourage everyone to approach these with an open mind and think about how it can help to grow and keep this game, that we as a community are all a part of, healthy. Efforts to bring new players not only by Mindark, but by planet partners who spend time, money, and resources to enhance our experience and attract more players is something we all need to be proud of. Publicly denouncing these efforts only hurts the platform. The better the platform does rewards everyone by bringing players and bolstering the economy so that everyone involved can benefit from higher MU and concentrated efforts by the platform designers to improve the game.

I didn't realize how much time goes into programming until I became involved in entropialife and helped start BIG Industries which runs a business inside the entropia universe. I just want to say KUDOS to all of you who do this kind of work, my hat is off to you folks.

In short if you have a complaint or a valid concern it should be posted accordingly and not effect Press Releases that are here for our benefit. I do want to hear your concerns but not at the detriment to the platform and the community.

Cheers,
Salty

Gratz on buying your success in EU. LA's aside, I don't suppose you cycled 100k's of peds leading to these mammoth loots ?
If not then you obviously also had a bit of luck, in which case it didn't really matter what info was available to you in my opinion.

It's funny how someone can afford to buy LA and also cycle large amounts of ped and hit big and then claim this game is balanced.

Gratz on buying your success in EU. LA's aside, I don't suppose you cycled 100k's of peds leading to these mammoth loots ?
If not then you obviously also had a bit of luck, in which case it didn't really matter what info was available to you in my opinion.

It's funny how someone can afford to buy LA and also cycle large amounts of ped and hit big and then claim this game is balanced.

Before making statements like that maybe use his advice & check entropialife..
The man has 3.5 Million ped in globals/hofs on crafting
That being said, I said it b4 & I'll say it again..
Nothing has ever gotten better by only saying positive things.

In other words you want to control what others say so it makes you happy that you wasted all that cash and can pretend that it was wisely spent?

Look up top, there's thing that says, "New Control Panel Option - Filter New Posts." Check it out sometime. Not sure it'll help your situation, but maybe it will since you can turn off certain parts of the forums...

Press releases are all too often a form of Propaganda...

"Propaganda tries to force a doctrine on the whole people... Propaganda works on the general public from the standpoint of an idea and makes them ripe for the victory of this idea."
- Adolf Hitler in his book Mein Kampf (1926)

Last edited:
Before making statements like that maybe use his advice & check entropialife..
The man has 3.5 Million ped in globals/hofs on crafting
That being said, I said it b4 & I'll say it again..
Nothing has ever gotten better by only saying positive things.

Good for him. How much has he actually spent...... that's the question. Just like the 300k pedder who was rumbled as someone who forked out to chip in and obviously cycled just as much as he won back :)

I don't actually mean to come across as a bitter person, I just don't agree with posts claiming this game is balanced. Its far from it.

I fully believe that these press releases may do more advertising than their entire advertising campaign. I was brought in by a (similar) press release on the sale of CND I believe it was (F.O.M.A. now). I spent my time reading up on everything, and became a miner as my primary activity. I played a short stint when I first found out about the game, came back about a year (maybe more?) later and have put in a very solid year now. I've gotten up to level 35 prospecting and level 34 laser sniper. I have not spent a ton of cash on this game, and sure like everyone else when there is a dry/bad spell it is frustrating. From a new player perspective what would make you check this game out more? A banner ad on a website, or a news article saying someone won 33k USD by playing a game? Regardless of what he spent prior, one cannot deny the facts that this type of press release brings in people. Some stay, some leave it is the nature of the beast.

In short if you have a complaint or a valid concern it should be posted accordingly and not effect Press Releases that are here for our benefit. I do want to hear your concerns but not at the detriment to the platform and the community.

Cheers,
Salty

Misleading press releases can destroy a game like this. It's important that prospective new players realize that 33k U.S. in 9 mths of game time is literally like winning the lottery and the real truth is YEARS of buying tickets and winning nothing.

Menace

Good for him. How much has he actually spent...... that's the question. Just like the 300k pedder who was rumbled as someone who forked out to chip in and obviously cycled just as much as he won back :)

I don't actually mean to come across as a bitter person, I just don't agree with posts claiming this game is balanced. Its far from it.

Your knowledge is based on your mining sheet?

It's important that prospective new players realize that 33k U.S. in 9 mths of game time is literally like winning the lottery and the real truth is YEARS of buying tickets and winning nothing.

If that loot would not be exceptional then there would be no press release and no one would publish it. Thats just common sense.

Everyday non event topics rarely get covered by the news. In example "Player M. did not manage to break even beside using creative decay avoiding hunting techniques at the costs of his fellow players in Entropia Universe Cyclops instances" won't make it into the news page of any MMORPG side, right? Just as random example..

I won't judge a book by it's cover (misleading press release).

In example "Player M. did not manage to break even beside using creative decay avoiding hunting techniques at the costs of his fellow players in Entropia Universe Cyclops instances"
Just as random example..

Just a random example:)))

If that loot would not be exceptional then there would be no press release and no one would publish it. Thats just common sense.

Everyday non event topics rarely get covered by the news. In example "Player M. did not manage to break even beside using creative decay avoiding hunting techniques at the costs of his fellow players in Entropia Universe Cyclops instances" won't make it into the news page of any MMORPG side, right? Just as random example..

You mean..... "Player M has fueled the economy this week with over 8 k ped injected into the system."

Menace

But it does tend to hark back to the 'Tired of playing games and not getting paid' adverts they used to use.

A long time ago (probably vu8-9) a soc mate told me of fresh off the transport newbie that asked them about playing EU because they'd joined to get the cash for their mothers birthday present at the end of the week.

That style of press release is more likely to attract newbies expecting to hit big quickly. And when they don't EU gets another flaming on a gaming forum.

Balanced loot went out of the window when the ridiculously high priced (L) SIB was introduced.

You mean..... "Player M has fueled the economy this week with over 8 k ped injected into the system."

Yes, that would be another random example of what would not make it into the news.
Which i personally see as good thing considering how horrible hypocritical such a news would be.

Anyway, point is, what are you expecting MindArk and the media to do?

Yes, that would be another random example of what would not make it into the news.
Which i personally see as good thing considering how horrible hypocritical such a news would be.

Anyway, point is, what are you expecting MindArk and the media to do?

Well for starters, they could go beyond the one epic lucky hit. They could explain the importance of bankroll for the average player and be more realistic by touching on the hard work and dedication required for the average player to profit within EU. That way a prospective new player could prepare mentally for the realistic long term while they attempt to get their own epic HoF. Instead these press releases just set people up for failure and disappointment. That in turn leads to negative reviews.

Menace

(...)

Cheers,
Salty

Responses to a press release do not affect a press release, as said press release MUST already be finished and published before said responses to said press release can be written. Only exception to this is when you have invented time travel (so you probably could on Next Island).

Responses to a press release do not affect a press release, as said press release MUST already be finished and published before said responses to said press release can be written. Only exception to this is when you have invented time travel (so you probably could on Next Island).
or if you happen to receive the press release an hour before everyone else because you have been granted special treatment or something... ;)

my 2 pecs...

The purpose of a press release is to catch attention, which this one did, and most large $$$ related ones do. I wouldn't consider that dishonest, misleading or negative in any way. Its promoting possibilities, and that's what EU is, a place of many new possibilities. I often compare EU to a small RL country when explaining it to friends or family, as it is functionally the same as a small country economy. If I move to a new country, with no money, or with a lot of money, its my choice what I do with whats available to me, same as it is here.

If I have cash to spend on entertainment, I will do that, if I cant afford to, maybe I'll just hang out and get to know people. Do I have money coming in from my home country?(RL) if yes, sure why not spend and have some fun. Maybe invest, maybe build something off my talents with the help of others, or try to develop something never done before. Maybe I'll just beg on the street, or collect cans to get my start... the point is you have control, its not a story line, its not a set path, its up to you what you do with your money or what you're going to do to earn the money that pays for your entertainment. If you want to burn it all up and yell at people about how flammable paper is, sure do that, but it has no bearing on the opportunities available.

New players are better served with advise on how to play on the entertainment budget they can afford and enjoy, than be hit with inflammatory statements that accomplish nothing but to discourage their participation.

Your knowledge is based on your mining sheet?

Actually I stopped mining a while ago now and switched to hunting which has been much better for me. Not to mention I am now also dabbling in trade and making reasonable profits.....

:dunce:

But the worst part was that I who are playing here got an E-mail from MA and it says that such large loot does not affect the others loot.

:lolup::laugh::lolup::laugh::lolup::laugh::lolup:

No more deposit of money to hunt, Craft or do mining on my part anyway.

Last edited:
Actually I stopped mining a while ago now and switched to hunting which has been much better for me. Not to mention I am now also dabbling in trade and making reasonable profits.....

:dunce:

Okay, mining sux, hunt rulez - and it's hard to lose when you buy low and sell high?

Great, still - where is game far from balanced then?

Okay, mining sux, hunt rulez - and it's hard to lose when you buy low and sell high?

It is perfectly balanced. Take money from Cash cows, let select few loot all the good items and get the big hof and allow MA to get rich. Perfect balance for some.:D

Unfortunately I became a cach cow a few years ago. Almost always bad losses.

MoOoOo0oOoOooOoOo0oOoOooOoOo0oOoOooOoOo0oOoOooOoOo 0oOoOooOoOo0oOoOo!

And for those who don't think I am then why do I only get 4 small globals after killing 250 Yuka young to provider and some mutated in 11 hours?:dunce:

This was a few days before Salty got his nice loot on mutated.....

I killed so many that the last time of the many revives I did due to their crits going over my 180 health points they started to show their hidden Chameleon abilities. Maybe they were trying to blend in with me so I would stop killing them.:laugh:
attachment.php

Last edited:

Becuase mining sux for most returns wise.....

Because the same people HoF and global day in day out.....

Because certain mobs wont gobal no matter what ped you cycle on them......

Because I'm not skilled enough or rich enough to use uber gear I shouldn't be able to get a hof now and again despite cycling decent amount of ped ? (but as above the same people do every day!)......

Shall I go on ?

Back