News: Preview of Upcoming Interface Changes

I like you guys!
Two months announce about the new interface.
Then two months silence... now a topic about this interface.. two months again?
2+2+2+2 .. some companies can build new game from the zero for this duration. 1 year for an interface, cmon.. is it possible we expect any surprise added to this interface?

edit. DeQember 1?

I like you guys!
2+2+2+2 .. some companies can build new game from the zero for this duration. 1 year for an interface, cmon.. is it possible we expect any surprise added to this interface?

edit. DeQember 1?

Seams to be the same aproach as with the "VR" viewing/steering interface they introduced some years ago and then stopped ironing out the bugs they have made with it.
So maybe once again less features, cut down options and possibilities you had before like change viewpoint on the fly, Healtbar for next mob to kill, reliable previos/next mob functions etc. gone so we once again have to learn how to adapt to the changed interface so it suits your game style or having to adapt to all the changes that no one asked for and learn controlling and interacting with the game once again.

I would suggest after several attempts by a new person at MA coming with ideas from someone not using this service at all, why do you not start with asking all the dedicated people using this service what you, the persons that live from our deposits, should change in the interface, GUI etc. to make it a better game for all of us?

I definitely don't care if the game will have a new interface or this one. It just seems to me that they are overplaying.
They are experienced programmers who use a ready-made Game Engine. There are some wishes for a larger font in the topic, but even that could change until next Tuesday, because these functions exist (I haven't even run Cry-Engine, but it would be weird not to have a text editor, right). What is an interface? Positioning boxes and text?

On the other hand, if with the new visual boxes there is a surprise from ... Loot 3.0, Mining 3.0, Crafting 3.0 .. Fixed missions, fixed game bugs, giving Deemer a new unique gun (ok, the last could be the first). .. that is, the main thing that should be a priority .. or am I wrong?

Even if there are no changes, I personally don't care. It just all this seems like theater to me.
Some of us just need to waste our time somewhere, replaying doesn't seem very OK.

...why do you not start with asking all the dedicated people using this service what you, the persons that live from our deposits, should change in the interface, GUI etc. to make it a better game for all of us?

Stop this heretic questions!

Burn, witch, BURN!!

Looks better then what I feared for. Only fix those icons, something more like the current armor and weapon icon.

I like you guys!

edit. DeQember 1?

in the interview someone said a date at the end of the first quarterl ”21. So coming soon.. oops no, wait...

I like the new UI.. with some exceptions.

I think we should have also the cardinal directions on radar.
I like to see readable font(s).
Icons? Just use the same type of design. I saw 4 types of icons: buff icons, skill icons, view weapon icons (markup, lock etc...) and the new white icons.
Keep the same interface.. see options vs. professions (list selector). Options have a blue-ish selector and Professions not. Skills have blue-ish selector but smaller :)
Tabs from mission log and inventory are not the same.

Maybe colored icons or gray? But i think this is the hardest part of the UI :)

i dont really like it

it just looks like a UI mod some player could have made in a few days
the only thing i like is the new chat window... but i dont really need or want it

just my opinion

please make the whole UI optional so u can switch between old/new in options then everything is fine :)

edit:

like others said before me but this will be more of a downgrade than a update, pls dont push it to live

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the engagement in this thread and the feedback :) Our team is continuously working on the Upcoming Interface change and we are very grateful for the feedback we have received. Although we might not be able to fulfill everyone's wishes we will try our very best to listen to your suggestions. When we have implemented possible changes we will release a new teaser, however, it will take some time before that teaser will be released.

Thank you for the update! Looking forward to it. :woohoo:

Thank you everyone for the engagement in this thread and the feedback :) Our team is continuously working on the Upcoming Interface change and we are very grateful for the feedback we have received. Although we might not be able to fulfill everyone's wishes we will try our very best to listen to your suggestions. When we have implemented possible changes we will release a new teaser, however, it will take some time before that teaser will be released.
Please consider eliminating Rookie channel altogether. Not being moderated in any way, it's quite a bad place to leave as option #1 for a new player. Replace instead with a tooltip guiding players to society interface / mentor register and forum + wiki, where the information is a bit ...curated. It would definitely help with player retention.
Rookie channel is a mess, a place for trolls and frustration bin it has very little to do with the idea that was created for.
Please consider this.

PS. One of the first advices many people I know give to their disciples, is to disable the Rookie channel asap, to avoid the trolling, fake news and conspiracy theories that plunder that channel.

This would be a MAJOR UI improvement!
thank you!

Last edited:
Please consider eliminating Rookie channel altogether. Not being moderated in any way, it's quote a bad place to leave as option #1 for a new player. Replace instead with a tooltip guiding players to society interface / mentor register and forum + wiki, where the information is a bit ...curated. It would definitely help with player retention.
Rookie channel is a mess, a place for trolls and frustration bin it has very little to do with the idea that was created for.
Please consider this.

PS. One of the first advices many people I know give to their disciples, is to disable the Rookie channel asap, to avoid the trolling, fake news and conspiracy theories that plunder that channel.
thank you!
This is true. Either moderate it, remove it or at least change the name of it to Global Chat or something and do not make it the first thing new players see when they join the game.

This is true. Either moderate it, remove it or at least change the name of it to Global Chat or something and do not make it the first thing new players see when they join the game.

I am surprised they don't have a couple of moderates on rookie chat. We recently had few issues on RT chat, especially one player using a lot of homophobic slurs. Then ZEUS turned up and things have been a lot better again.

Please consider eliminating Rookie channel altogether. Not being moderated in any way, it's quote a bad place to leave as option #1 for a new player. Replace instead with a tooltip guiding players to society interface / mentor register and forum + wiki, where the information is a bit ...curated. It would definitely help with player retention.
Please consider this.

This would be a MAJOR UI improvement!
thank you!

I actually use the rookie channel a lot when I was starting. Plenty of helpful players help answer a lot of my questions. I've also made lots of friends on it. It is a mess though, one time people were talking about adult websites and even posting links, I just ignore all that.

I actually use the rookie channel a lot when I was starting. Plenty of helpful players help answer a lot of my questions. I've also made lots of friends on it. It is a mess though, one time people were talking about adult websites and even posting links, I just ignore all that.
There are a lot of players well intended and very helpful, in fact most of the players are that way but there are some rare exceptions that ruin it for everybody and not being moderated, the end is when they get bored and move on to troll somewhere else.
There are better ways to come in aid to new players, much better ways and it's a UX ting and should be addressed at this stage, ideally.

I am surprised they don't have a couple of moderates on rookie chat. We recently had few issues on RT chat, especially one player using a lot of homophobic slurs. Then ZEUS turned up and things have been a lot better again.

I also watched the RT chat for about half a year. Many times I have asked Online Support to pay attention to a problem, but they replied that it is RT and they do not have access to it.

Please share the secret they helped you with :)

I also watched the RT chat for about half a year. Many times I have asked Online Support to pay attention to a problem, but they replied that it is RT and they do not have access to it.

Please share the secret they helped you with :)

There is no secret. There is a difference between petty picketing between players and spamming homophobic slurs. :rolleyes:

Why you not start with finishing the other changes you started and did not finish first?

ATM there are several things still not finished and you want to start the next project without finishing the other projects.

We stil have several hughe bugs in game for many years and you, MA, just do not bother to fix them but start agaain and again another project where you again and again not manage to finish it.

We still are missing a realiable next target function which goes through all targets on radar and not only between randomly selected mobs and suddenly it also goes to mobs it missed the last 3 times going through all targets.
We once had the possibilitie to not only select next target but also to select the previous target if we clicked once to many on the next traget button. This nice feature was killed by MA developers and not replaced. Allways nice to have a new version of a game, interface or program who has less features than the previous one and gets rid of such a important feature like select previous target. Same with dragging out health bar of next mob to kill etc.

So in the last years we lost a lot of features many users of this service used daily in their game play and now we will face the next not asked for change which dumbs down the GUI even more. Which gives us a GUI with much less features, designed like from a 12 year old with a lot less possibilities to adapt it to the style one likes to play this game as if the computers today are much slower and are not anymore capable of things 10 years ago where standard.

So we have more revenue at MA, more persons working for MA but Bugs are not rectified, Exploiters are still not punished, Exploits are only taken care of if everyone knows about them. MA starts some interface changes but then suddenly stops ironing out the bugs and forgets about it and starts next radical change without finishing the last one ore even ask their Customers if they need this change or if it is something totally not suiting the game style of their paying customers.

There is no secret. There is a difference between petty picketing between players and spamming homophobic slurs. :rolleyes:

"You may not create and / or join a society or team in the Entropy Universe that is based on any sexist, racist, degrading, hateful, or otherwise unacceptable philosophy directed at companies, individuals, or organizations."

This is the only thing I could find for your case, but it also applies to my case. It seems that you still had a quick effect, while in my case there was no effect for half a year.

However, you seem to have quick access to solve a problem, while I am redirected to reports that have been "investigated" for a very long time, even though our problems are of the same nature. I will send you an invitation to the friendship game to help me in the future when there is a clear impunity on the part of the MA.

"You may not create and / or join a society or team in the Entropy Universe that is based on any sexist, racist, degrading, hateful, or otherwise unacceptable philosophy directed at companies, individuals, or organizations."

This is the only thing I could find for your case, but it also applies to my case. It seems that you still had a quick effect, while in my case there was no effect for half a year.

However, you seem to have quick access to solve a problem, while I am redirected to reports that have been "investigated" for a very long time, even though our problems are of the same nature. I will send you an invitation to the friendship game to help me in the future when there is a clear impunity on the part of the MA.

I think any type of hate speech that goes without saying is not acceptable in the game. Now, your issue is down to MA to decide what course of action is needed. Also, you seem to be under presumption that I alone swayed MA influence to deal with the issue of this small-minded homophobic player. I think you will find that many players were unhappy with the type of talk on chat and many made a complaint.

I think any type of hate speech that goes without saying is not acceptable in the game. Now, your issue is down to MA to decide what course of action is needed. Also, you seem to be under presumption that I alone swayed MA influence to deal with the issue of this small-minded homophobic player. I think you will find that many players were unhappy with the type of talk on chat and many made a complaint.

On the contrary, if you misunderstood me, I am talking to you because I read your comment.

What I'm saying is that there are players who seem to enjoy privilege. They seem to have the right to form hateful groups against someone with or without a reason, to slander those who are simply not their friends, and to invite other non-mind players to their group. All this seems possible as long as it is in a good tone, and has a better effect when combined with a larger group of non-mind players.

As you can see, I understand the essence of morality and justice of ambiguous rules in a game whose owner and judge is MA.

In this case, we are in one view point of mind, and the topic is about the interface. Maybe it would be good if a groups of non-mind players with additional privileges have a sign similar to those of the MA Officials.

Thus, a new player would take advantage of them to promote a good or bad cause. But since I'm not a member of such a non-mind group, I think you'd better make this suggestion.

In my case it will not be considered at all, but in yours it will even be accepted.

Please add a basic loot calculator (i wuld love to see my live return rate without calculating after every runn ) to the ui also add a calculator Tool since my calculator consumes a lot of Energie cells

It wuld be way more efficient if i use the Power of my cpu compared to the Energy usage of the calculator

Thanks

On the contrary, if you misunderstood me, I am talking to you because I read your comment.

What I'm saying is that there are players who seem to enjoy privilege. They seem to have the right to form hateful groups against someone with or without a reason, to slander those who are simply not their friends, and to invite other non-mind players to their group. All this seems possible as long as it is in a good tone, and has a better effect when combined with a larger group of non-mind players.

As you can see, I understand the essence of morality and justice of ambiguous rules in a game whose owner and judge is MA.

In this case, we are in one view point of mind, and the topic is about the interface. Maybe it would be good if a groups of non-mind players with additional privileges have a sign similar to those of the MA Officials.

Thus, a new player would take advantage of them to promote a good or bad cause. But since I'm not a member of such a non-mind group, I think you'd better make this suggestion.

In my case it will not be considered at all, but in yours it will even be accepted.

I don't understand what you mean. Non-mind is a term I don't understand, can you please explain? Whereas these so-called privileged players, I don't believe they exist and this is just your paranoia.

Back