Price Check: Easter mayhem low Cat reward

Colbey Kal

Dominant
Society
NBK Otium
Colbey Colbey Kal
I've been cycling 1,000+ PED per hour in Category 2 of Easter Mayhem. I just realized to get even the "least" expensive UL weapon or armor (Lets ignore Hedoc Mayhem after new eco healing) I'd need to place 3rd seven times to get enough M.Tokens. :eyecrazy: I would still have 6 left-over Placement Tokens. Running full out is expensive: enhancers, high end (L) armor, constant damage, pills, crap efficiency gun, ect.

Is it worth doing (even getting lucky and placing 1st) - ?

I've looted 30 tokens in 4 hours. (I've only looted 10 boxes, which works out to under 2.5% MU.... Not really profitable as some people seem to think)

In prior Merry Mayhems (lowest category) I've won, :
MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + 2 x Calypso Land Deeds
500 PED Universal Ammo + Melee Trauma Amplifier VIII
500 PED Universal Ammo + Melee Trauma Amplifier VI
1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)

I don't expect MA to have the same CEO in three years. I don't plan on event rewards staying consistent for three years. Am I expected to save tokens for 3 years to buy something? It's possible, but lowers the value a lot.

What's the benefit to placing in even top 3 for low level avatars? / what is a Placement token worth?

Most of the items seem to be priced at about half a ped per token. Placement tokens really have no value as you will have won at least one or two by the time you get enough tokens to buy something.

This is just a general rule of thumb, as armor parts take 10k tokens and are worth +3-4k while guns take far more and are probably worth a bit over half a ped / token. Then you have pills which are worth 8-10 ped per if you can find a buyer.

How have you placed in all these previous events , but still only qualify for category 2 ?

I've been cycling 1,000+ PED per hour in Category 2 of Easter Mayhem. I just realized to get even the "least" expensive UL weapon or armor (Lets ignore Hedoc Mayhem after new eco healing) I'd need to place 3rd seven times to get enough M.Tokens. :eyecrazy: I would still have 6 left-over Placement Tokens. Running full out is expensive: enhancers, high end (L) armor, constant damage, pills, crap efficiency gun, ect.

Is it worth doing (even getting lucky and placing 1st) - ?

I've looted 30 tokens in 4 hours. (I've only looted 10 boxes, which works out to under 2.5% MU.... Not really profitable as some people seem to think)

In prior Merry Mayhems (lowest category) I've won, :
MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + 2 x Calypso Land Deeds
500 PED Universal Ammo + Melee Trauma Amplifier VIII
500 PED Universal Ammo + Melee Trauma Amplifier VI
1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)

I don't expect MA to have the same CEO in three years. I don't plan on event rewards staying consistent for three years. Am I expected to save tokens for 3 years to buy something? It's possible, but lowers the value a lot.

What's the benefit to placing in even top 3 for low level avatars? / what is a Placement token worth?

how are you able to cycle over 1k ped per hour in cat 2?

please let me know about that set up :) i am fascinated

how are you able to cycle over 1k ped per hour in cat 2?
please let me know about that set up :) i am fascinated

Some UL NonSIB have very high cost per min but really suck at producing damage, paired with a mayhem amp and tweaking out on a fist full of pills and ring buffs you can crank some peds and skill like crazy. To stay cat 2 id imagine he's chipping out a fair bitand often. I used to do the same to stay under lv50 to compete and win the old merry mayhems years ago.

My question is how does bear the truma of chipping out his health skills? Its like intentionally making the choice to amputate your child's legs just to make them a cripple even though the child's legs are fine. Haha

In prior Merry Mayhems (lowest category) I've won,
Am I expected to save tokens for 3 years to buy something? It's possible, but lowers the value a lot.

This is Easter Event not merry
If you could buy items in category 2 every 2 events nothing in this game would have value.
The benefit of placing in top3 is that you will start smelling the victory and maybe you will start shooting towards higher categories and maybe one day you will reach category 8 + and start collecting tokens that actually matter when win something.
Leave the trial period already aka cat2.
If you need simple but effective tips on how to get to category8+ in 1 year msg me.I can indicate you 20-30 mission chains you can finish ASAP.

Thanks Svena. Those are around the numbers I came with - most importantly that the placement tokens aren't really worth anything. I still feel I'm missing something, cause that means places 4th, 5th and 6th are equal or better than place 3... in most categories.

--------

- Cat 2 "Max Base Dps" is about half of Cat 7. Cat 3 is about half of cat 9. Huge difference in locked in skill value, not a huge differences in DPS, as professions get high. I assumed top Cat 7 cycle about 2K / hour when totally spec'd out. I have most of my buffs maxed out like other competitive players - that's limited by PED, not profession.

- I've continually chipped out 'excess' skill - but I keep my Defense, Crafting, and most HP skills. My hunting bottlenecks are my time, my enjoyment, and my PED card .... not Dmg/sec. Everyone has equal access to armor.... ped card allowing. I also have a tier 8 UL weapon (Fits cat 1 professional req's, cat 3 dmg req's, and has a 'perfect fit' UL amp) that does about 60 "display" dmg/sec. Amped and enhanced, this one puts out more damage than I realistically need. If using it loaded with damage enhancers, it's equivalent to an untiered ArMatrix LP-95.

- HP is lowered for me when I enter the instance to the 'soft' cap - I don't chip out those skills. For lower cats HP doesn't even matter. There is basically zero healing since time can be saved by using over powered armor.

- I also don't really enjoy normal grinding / hunting. Balls-to-the-wall Mayhem events are different, when the prizes are worth the risk. Luckily EU has more to do than hunt:wtg:

Last edited:
If you could buy items in category 2 every 2 events nothing in this game would have value.
That's fair. :ahh:
Wasn't trying to complain. No one forces me to play EU, let alone participate in the event. Truly confused on the value of "Placement" tokens. The relative benefit to placing in top 3 just didn't feel right to me, especially at the low levels.

Pointing out my blind spot actually helped a lot. Thank you.

The randomness of points + the difference in awarded tokens between the events, actually gives a nice meaning to Easter (and other) lesser events.

As Svena said before a good estimate is about a half ped per token. For me personally, I chipped down significantly so that my gear/bankroll would fit the category I'm in, and am looking to place top 3 to get the P-tokens in this year's Easter mayhem so that I can avoid chipping down in the future and compete in higher categories with higher m-token rewards, and since I'll already have my p-tokens from this Mayhem I will be able to place top 10 rather than top 3 (a much more feasible goal for cat 6-7 for me).

I wouldn't recommend staying in cat 2 forever, as your prizes won't be worth the time and effort it takes to stay in that category and you'll end up taking a placement spot where a lower level player may have actually been able to place. I'd say grab your P-tokens, skill up naturally, and then move up to higher categories as you progress.

I wouldn't recommend staying in cat 2 forever, as your prizes won't be worth the time and effort it takes to stay in that category and you'll end up taking a placement spot where a lower level player may have actually been able to place. I'd say grab your P-tokens, skill up naturally, and then move up to higher categories as you progress.

Cat 2 is (in my own way) my 'natural' category. :ahh: I don't chip down to stay in it, I chip out for the PED from skill sales. Higher cats actually give better reward per PED cycled, and the competition for the 'perfect' setup can't be much harder. Eventually I'll actually 'be forced' to move up, if I keep all HP / General / Defense skills. For example, I have only 250 Plasma WT points, but my Plasma Pistol Hit pro level is 23.

If you want to get one of those unlimited guns that require a placement token, then placing in the top 3 in a lower cat until you have 1 or 2 of them is quite valuable. Once you have those tokens, you can step up a cat or two and aim for just coming in the top 10 to get more Mtokens until you can afford to buy the weapon.

Without those placement tokens, you cannot get those unl guns...unless of course you buy it from someone else who can get it.

So if your not going for those, then skip the first part and step up a cat and aim to place in top 10, and use those Mtokens for whatever else you see fit.

Cat 2 is (in my own way) my 'natural' category. :ahh: I don't chip down to stay in it, I chip out for the PED from skill sales. Higher cats actually give better reward per PED cycled, and the competition for the 'perfect' setup can't be much harder. Eventually I'll actually 'be forced' to move up, if I keep all HP / General / Defense skills. For example, I have only 250 Plasma WT points, but my Plasma Pistol Hit pro level is 23.

Who are you selling these skills to? I literally could not give away my skills for the price of an Empty Skill Implant, and at current market rates most skills don't translate into PED when chipped out.

The benefit of placing in top3 is that you will start smelling the victory and maybe you will start shooting towards higher categories and maybe one day you will reach category 8 + and start collecting tokens that actually matter when win something.
Leave the trial period already aka cat2.
If you need simple but effective tips on how to get to category8+ in 1 year msg me.I can indicate you 20-30 mission chains you can finish ASAP.

i want to know about those mission chains :yup:

i want to know about those mission chains :yup:

I can't recommend you certain mission(s) when I don't know anything about your goals, expectation , your bankroll, the current state of your other skills that might have larger impact on your current professions etc, your items and many more.

Who are you selling these skills to? I literally could not give away my skills for the price of an Empty Skill Implant, and at current market rates most skills don't translate into PED when chipped out.

I don't grind Laser or BLP :ahh:

Back