Price check for MM, IMKII, imp fap, mod fap

BlackHawk

Elite
Society
ROUA
Black Hawk Hawk
As I see it now, I have 2 options. All in or all out. In case I am not selling all my skills, since offers I get for them, even tho are good in the current market, are way too low compared to my effort of making them, I have the option to try to use them myself. So I am tempted to buy one of the above.

What would be the price for each of the above?

I was away for few months and I don't know the prices anymore. I've herd rumors, but not too much to go on.

This is a PC thread, not a buying one. However, I hope people owning them would give some input.

id say 145k Mod fap, 90k Imp fap, 85k Imk 2 and 120k mm if your not skippie :D

Allin......

Skippie says he want 150k for MM, then thats the price.

Minim says he want 93k for impfap, then thats the price.

Pupuliukas says he want 88k for imk2, then thats the price.

Star says she want 160k for modfap, then thats the price.

...anyone selling cheaper should contact me :)

...anyone selling cheaper should contact me :)

and u wont buy :D

I know one imk2 was sold for tt+90k, low tiered. And i know that Skippie MM got around 25k ped in tiering costs :)

Got a t4.9 MM for ya. PM if you want it :)

If I decide to go for a gun, I will. Atm I am playing with the new uber L toys and try to make some sense of the new system.

id say 145k Mod fap, 90k Imp fap, 85k Imk 2 and 120k mm if your not skippie :D

Id say 245k Mod fap, 190k Imp fap, 185k Imk 2 and 220k mm if your not skippie

no wait, let me check if everything is right...

... yeah, its all good and sounds pretty reasonable...

ok lets be realistic here.

With the new eco decay weapons out now since VU12.8 they not only compete with (very expensive) old school eco stuff, but have the added advantage of being 10/10 hit ability. In my opinion this will seriously dent the price of old school weapons.

Faps are likely to hold value, unless planet Caly decides to drop new very eco faps onto the market as well, not to mention if PP might also want to do that.

Not only has this effected the very old weapons pricing but also the last 3-4 years stuff pre-VU12.8 such as unl LRXX series just being an example.

If you own this stuff I think you need to face reality and cut losses why you still have a chance. Apart from a "badge" where is the advantage now.

Sure I'm an L fan, and love the new high end chips and L guns...they last for 1000's of peds use not 100's as it was before.

I think the message is clear from MA, they want the game to be cheaper and for everyone compete on a similar level, with skills and mobs hunted probably being the deciding factor not weapons anymore.

I'm sorry to say this for those that invested heavily, I get no pleasure from others losses. But reality is reality and the sooner it's accepted the more cash you might realise from any assets, before they continue to fall in price. Whoever you might manage to sell stuff onto are taking considerable risks, but their choice should they wish to buy.

It really is a buyers market even if people are still keen for these old guns, the seller can ask for what they want, although I think sellers will struggle for custom, which is becoming very apparent in sales threads.

Lets not forget too, that these guns were looted at the tt value originally, and it was the player base that drove up the price along with desire. Desire is falling away fast, and the budgets available in the real world are not there anymore (apart from the lucky few)

Personally I wont touch that old stuff now..becasue the fact is "I don't have to anymore" since VU12.8 and the new looted eco decay weapons.

I think a lot of the older players need to wake up to the fact that the capital value on their old weapons is seriously under threat, and make of that as you will. I think you know it too, but are struggling to accept it.

Good Luck

Rick

Last edited:

I doubt that the scenario you projected is more realistic than the scenario I might have in mind, where availability of good quality guns, the fun factor and other opportunities will bring more players ingame, therefore keeping prices more or less constant. Sometimes growing and falling... basically following the real world trends.

These short bursts of opportunity should actually do the opposite and trigger demand for UL things. Since only when you own high quality UL gear you are able to afford to hunt full-time and loot top level UL gear.

At top levels every half a point of damage/heal really matters and prices naturally follow in a geometric progression.

But, anyway, you know how it works... What MA is doing with these drops is they are trying to cause an effect.
Those who cannot afford to keep their items will be weeded out and hopefully the ones who get em will be more prone to market fluctuations and will be able to withstand more risk... The more people like this get the items the more prices will tend to grow... and then again its much more complex than this...

I think this whole Price Check thing is stupid and should only be used for checking Sweat Prices.
Cause there's too many smart asses on the market nowadays trying to manipulate it in search of cheap swag... be they damned.

140-150k Mod fap

80-95k Imp fap

70- 80k mk 2

100k mm

Faps will hold around these prices.

With the new guns coming in the use for the two guns mentioned is decreasing quite rapidly.
They where holding price before as they were being passed around the high end guns, now these guys are not buying them they will decrease quite quickly.

.......... Since only when you own high quality UL gear you are able to afford to hunt full-time and loot top level UL gear.

That's a myth, that even if was true no longer is the case.

The game has move on, the L revolution has taken a giant step forward with VU 12.8

You miss the point, it is MA that have introduced long lasting eco decay weapons, it is not me or the player base attempting to seek cheaper deals on old weapon valuations.

People need to consider the impact of VU12.8 on their assets, in fact with every change people need to reassess their position. What has value now, what doesn't?

I can tell you for a fact, that the new L nanochips outperform ALL previous MF chips, and returns justify using them. Not to mention the new rifles.

Look.....I'm simply saying if you've tried the new VU weapons, why would anyone want to use the old stuff.

I guess we will agree, to disagree.

GL

Rick

This is from a retired hunter.

I'd say "all in". Especially if someone can use imk2 with maximum HA/CHA. Now its the time.

With the new eco decay weapons out now since VU12.8 they not only compete with (very expensive) old school eco stuff, but have the added advantage of being 10/10 hit ability. In my opinion this will seriously dent the price of old school weapons.

Faps are likely to hold value, unless planet Caly decides to drop new very eco faps onto the market as well, not to mention if PP might also want to do that.

Not only has this effected the very old weapons pricing but also the last 3-4 years stuff pre-VU12.8 such as unl LRXX series just being an example.

If you own this stuff I think you need to face reality and cut losses why you still have a chance. Apart from a "badge" where is the advantage now.

Sure I'm an L fan, and love the new high end chips and L guns...they last for 1000's of peds use not 100's as it was before.

I think the message is clear from MA, they want the game to be cheaper and for everyone compete on a similar level, with skills and mobs hunted probably being the deciding factor not weapons anymore.

I'm sorry to say this for those that invested heavily, I get no pleasure from others losses. But reality is reality and the sooner it's accepted the more cash you might realise from any assets, before they continue to fall in price. Whoever you might manage to sell stuff onto are taking considerable risks, but their choice should they wish to buy.

It really is a buyers market even if people are still keen for these old guns, the seller can ask for what they want, although I think sellers will struggle for custom, which is becoming very apparent in sales threads.

Lets not forget too, that these guns were looted at the tt value originally, and it was the player base that drove up the price along with desire. Desire is falling away fast, and the budgets available in the real world are not there anymore (apart from the lucky few)

Personally I wont touch that old stuff now..becasue the fact is "I don't have to anymore" since VU12.8 and the new looted eco decay weapons.

I think a lot of the older players need to wake up to the fact that the capital value on their old weapons is seriously under threat, and make of that as you will. I think you know it too, but are struggling to accept it.

Good Luck

Rick
I would have to agree with everything you said here.I would add that the new loot system and limited ath,s each day are a new reason as well.Plus unlimited weapons seem to be out of sink with the loot system.

Look.....I'm simply saying if you've tried the new VU weapons, why would anyone want to use the old stuff.

Nothing you wrote has anything to do with the items in thread title. If you think it does, you can't ever have used them.

That's a myth, that even if was true no longer is the case.

Plenty of people have looted some cool UL stuff in the last 2 years. Most of them did it with the help of their UL gear. I'm not saying you can't loot it with L, I'm saying its cheaper and more efficient when you have the skills needed and a high dps weapon. Some don't care about it whatsoever, cause they are here to have fun.

The game has move on, the L revolution has taken a giant step forward with VU 12.8

That's great, UL hunters love the fact that you're really into this new L stuff.

You miss the point, it is MA that have introduced long lasting eco decay weapons, it is not me or the player base attempting to seek cheaper deals on old weapon valuations.

Ok, they did introduce em... So what? Why is this even a point? They are great for the economy, I have nothing against em, they are there for their own reasons.

Both L and UL are good. And the last thing you wanna do is compare em to each other. I shouldn't do that either. cause they serve different crowds.

I'm just of the opinion, and here's an analogy, that if you wanna invite more people to play in your swimming pool you should not pee or shit in it, at least publicly anyway.

The perpetual trashing of ingame assets will just leave everyone with less than what they brought in and more of unintended consequences, so lets concentrate on the bigger picture before getting down to points that some of us might or might not have missed.

And that agreement to disagree is absolutely unacceptable. :)

Nothing you wrote has anything to do with the items in thread title. If you think it does, you can't ever have used them.

It does matter though, becasue this is a price check, and that also includes the impact of any VU changes.

Think about this too. If L never came in, there would've probably been loads more drops of the above gear over the last few years. So from another stand point L over the last few years actually help move those unl price higher.

I borrowed a RJME and various other guns from a friend last year to test them, I had the worst returns of my EU life, it totally turned me off that stuff, I couldn't wait to hand the stuff back. Now maybe it is unfair for me to say this...but in my mind..I threw all that old stuff in the same basket.

The FAPS for sure will hold their price (I borrowed one of those too), but if i owned one, every day I would worry that L ones might drop. I'm not slating the FAPs.

Plenty of people have looted some cool UL stuff in the last 2 years. Most of them did it with the help of their UL gear. I'm not saying you can't loot it with L, I'm saying its cheaper and more efficient when you have the skills needed and a high dps weapon. Some don't care about it whatsoever, cause they are here to have fun.

That's great, UL hunters love the fact that you're really into this new L stuff.

Ok, they did introduce em... So what? Why is this even a point? They are great for the economy, I have nothing against em, they are there for their own reasons.

Both L and UL are good. And the last thing you wanna do is compare em to each other. I shouldn't do that either. cause they serve different crowds.

I'm just of the opinion, and here's an analogy, that if you wanna invite more people to play in your swimming pool you should not pee or shit in it, at least publicly anyway.

The perpetual trashing of ingame assets will just leave everyone with less than what they brought in and more of unintended consequences, so lets concentrate on the bigger picture before getting down to points that some of us might or might not have missed.

And that agreement to disagree is absolutely unacceptable. :)

Look...All I'm saying is open your eyes to the strategy MA are attempting to create. They want avatars to have zero value in assets. They want to send the message that you can make it to the top without investing $1000's in gear. Every VU mores the L stuff closer to the unl in eco (or even better)

My main reason to contrubute to this thread was to highlight the risks involved in owning such unl gear if considerig investing large sums of cash, for the benefit or both current owners and potential new owners.

It worries me does it not you?

I'm in top 100 tracker with L, and missed tons solo tracker globas for team globs this month..explain that. Where are the unl hunters ahead of me? less than 100 of them??

Rick.

Last edited:
The new L weapons have higher eco, but it is still not as good as maxed non-sib UL uber weapons.

Imp Mk II: 3.280

Mod Merc: 3.043

i2870: 3.020

The highest new L weapons that might be available semi-regularly are around 2.96, and that's mostly the ones with high sib requirement, plus you will probably have to pay some markup, plus you lose tiering when they break. MA did a good thing moving L closer to unL and giving some benefit to having higher skills by making higher sib req mean higher eco, but they are still not like the uber weapons, and probably never will be.

Look...All I'm saying is open your eyes to the strategy MA are attempting to create. They want avatars to have zero value in assets. They want to send the message that you can make it to the top without investing $1000's in gear. Every VU mores the L stuff closer to the unl in eco (or even better)

I dont agree with that, I think Mindark are trying to create a healthy balance between unlimited and limited items. While some unlimited (with limited benefit) weapons may go to the wayside, it appears to me that there is still alot of benefit to be had from owning the top unlimited items (highlighted by Xen). I dont own an unlimited gun atm, when I buy a Isis LC-60 with 60ped markup on it and it breaks after 1 days hard hunting, I'd still much rather have an UL sib, regardless if it has a little less eco.

I dont agree with that, I think Mindark are trying to create a healthy balance between unlimited and limited items. While some unlimited (with limited benefit) weapons may go to the wayside, it appears to me that there is still alot of benefit to be had from owning the top unlimited items (highlighted by Xen). I dont own an unlimited gun atm, when I buy a Isis LC-60 with 60ped markup on it and it breaks after 1 days hard hunting, I'd still much rather have an UL sib, regardless if it has a little less eco.

All I will say Sahci is when you are ready borrow one and test it before you spend major peds. For me the return a gun pays is more important than the damage, so if that borrowed gun isn't paying no matter how good it is for taking down mobs then you have your answers.

In fact looking at it from the other angle, I would like to see major ubers try some high end L for a few weeks and see what returns they get. Not becasue I want to convert them to L, just to see if there really is a change in return at very high levels.

If it turns out the unlimited pays the ubers better than L then we have answers, although I am yet to hear about an uber that really wants to test it. (is this an ego thing?)

I'm done I will stay out of this thread.

Rick

People owning the items mentioned in the thread title will have an innate tendency to protect their value, while the rest of the population will have a tendency to devalue them. This could be either in anticipation that they might one day acquire them if prices drop low enough, or they could simply be trying to reinforce their belief that they have no need for such items. I belong to the first group, and am thus partial to maintaining value, though I will try my best to be as objective as possible. I personally base worth on ROI both in terms of time investment and realized profit. In the right hands, one can justify spending two or three times current market values (based on a 2-3 year ROI); the loot system right now is much, much better than it was during peak prices in 2006-2007.

The new L guns are meant to bridge the gap, providing cost-effective options for players who are here for fun, don't have the skill to use older, non-SIB weapons, or don't play often enough to justify paying the markup on a UL variant. They aren't intended to replace the imk2, mod merc, i2870 and the like. I'd be willing to bet the farm that we will never see another weapon as efficient as the imk2 (and similarly, none with the eco/damage ratio of the mod merc either). Guess what? That's perfectly fine. The vast majority of players that own this type of equipment under-utilize it. As newer, smarter players reach higher levels, they will be able to more easily make offers based on projected savings/earnings, and the aforementioned group will eventually get to a point where they can no longer justify hoarding items that see little or no use. For everyone in between, there now exists a plethora of L options to fill the void.

All I will say Sahci is when you are ready borrow one and test it before you spend major peds. For me the return a gun pays is more important than the damage, so if that borrowed gun isn't paying no matter how good it is for taking down mobs then you have your answers.

In fact looking at it from the other angle, I would like to see major ubers try some high end L for a few weeks and see what returns they get. Not becasue I want to convert them to L, just to see if there really is a change in return at very high levels.

If it turns out the unlimited pays the ubers better than L then we have answers, although I am yet to hear about an uber that really wants to test it. (is this an ego thing?)

I'm done I will stay out of this thread.

Rick

Rick, I want to preface this by commending you on your progress thus far in EU. I've followed it with interest and think your enthusiasm, vigor and persistence are a huge boon for those players looking up to you; we could use more people with this type of attitude.

However, I feel some of your theories are misguided. You stated that you borrowed a RockJacker and other weapons from friends, noticed mobs "weren't paying," and dismissed these items forever. I see several problems with this evaluation on your part. First, you have respectable skills, but surely you aren't maxed on this weapon yet, right? Hunting with an un-maxed, average eco-based weapon is probably one of the easiest ways to rack up unnecessary hunting costs. Second, you dismissed the gun simply because mobs weren't paying? I can promise you there is no gun in the game where you can go out on one hunt (or an entire day) and guarantee global and HOF spam; that's not how the hunting system works, and I think you know that.

I’m not going to blindly state that Mod Faps and Mod Mercs are worth X and Y. In an ideal setting, they would be worth whatever you deemed worthy based on an acceptable rate of return. However, for whatever reason, very few people understand this line of thinking. Or, maybe they’re just having fun, which is perfectly fine. Is it worth owning these items if you play for a few hours a week? Not from a financial standpoint. If you’re simply having fun with money (see: Kimmi) then by all means, have fun. Just don’t do it on borrowed money, lest you suffer the same fate as the US economy :D

Well, I ditto what Stryker has said, as usual. I'm a gear owner. I have really never used (L) stuff, and don't intend to anytime in the near future. For people that prefer that, unlimited gear has never really had much of a market in that community.

Here's my experience as of late with the market value on the items in question.

I tried to buy a mod fap about a month ago. Even an offer of 160k couldn't touch it. This summer that item tanked out all the way down to 135k, with several sales at that price. I think I waited about a month too late to buy one of those faps. I'm happy to keep my Imp Fap SGA. It will be tier 3 soon. Putting the extra money to trade up to a Mod really doesn't make any sense at the prices people are currently asking.

Imk2s and Imp Faps are easy to price check. There's several for sale of each at this time.

Imk2: Pupa sold his Imk2 a few days ago via this forum for 85k. I believe it was a Tier 2.9. There's a Tier 5.5 on auction for 95k, atm. Thats the third time that seller has listed it, although he did start by listing it for 130k. There's a Tier 3.9 for sale on this forum being offered for 90k, currently. Imk2s have sold for anywhere between 80-90k several times over the last month, several sales. There was one sale for 68k mid summer, but as it turns out, that gun was stolen. It's been sold again for 80k and currently offered for 90k here on the forum.

Imp Fap: The spread on these has been 83-93k for the last few months. There's a few of these for sale, currently, being offered in the 90-95k range. There's a few here on the forum. A few others available in game.

I'm currently selling my MM on auction. I have it listed at 135-145k. This price is consistent with several recent sales. Whether or not this one will sell at this time, we shall see. Recent sales of this weapon have been in the 130-140k range. I'm not offended if anybody doesn't want to buy my particular gun. Pretty sure she'll find a home sooner or later.

My main reason to contrubute to this thread was to highlight the risks involved in owning such unl gear if considerig investing large sums of cash, for the benefit or both current owners and potential new owners.

It worries me does it not you?

I'm in top 100 tracker with L, and missed tons solo tracker globas for team globs this month..explain that. Where are the unl hunters ahead of me? less than 100 of them??

Rick.

I'd write an elaborate reply to this, but I just don't think that your speculation deserves highlighting. It's just as good as anyone else' guess.

At one time I was also hunting with L gear, and ended up looting LR63 UL. So, I know for fact its doable, but I also know that if you wanna optimize your experiences and returns, there's no other way but to go with the very best gear.

Its no different than Renting vs Buying irl. So you end up paying +15% on everything, its like not paying your credit card on time... but whatever... if you're happy with breaking even, then good on ya.. but don't confuse people, some just like you, will still buy your looted (L) guns. :)

Back