Pricecheck on all these 5B plates

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
Now we have multiple types of 5B plates, for every budget and defence requirement. For a long time the prices were the standard 5Bs around +25-35Ped each and the rare Mentor Edition version around +900-1000Ped each.
The 8A SGA plates were the premium plate at +3500Ped each, but then the Guardian of the Sandking appeared and made it look small. The Guardian plates trade for around +4000-4500Ped each.

Now how do we place these new Adj, Imp and Mod plates. What adds value to these new plates is not only extended durability, but also Block Damage %. This new block damage means at a % of hits you receive, one will be blocked total so no decay.

Adj 5B: 1% block damage
Imp 5B: 2% block damage
Mod 5B: 3% block damage

Based on the total protection and durability I have put together a this guide, which I feel is close to the mark. Feel free to discuss as at the end of the day the market decides :)

Standard 5B plate: +35Ped
5B Mentor Edition: +900-1000Ped
Adj 5B plate: +1750-2500Ped
Imp 5B plate: +4000-5000Ped
Mod 5B plate: +8000-10000Ped

The main factor in pricing is the rare Mutated Aurli Bone Pieces needed to craft these nice plates.

Cheers
Bjorn

Last edited:
This new block damage means at a % of hits you receive, one will be blocked total so no decay.
No decay? I'd think there would still be decay when the block takes effect and the hit is for 0.0 damage.

You might want to include pricing on the mutated bones as well, and explain how each type is made (by disassembling them in the refiner and trading to the Professor).
Also, I'm tired right now, but isn't the price range shown for Imp and Mod plates well below the cost to make them?

From what I have tested, there is no decay when the dmg is blocked. It is essentially deflected.

Hard to get a perfect read on this, as you cannot predict when you will be missed. But I try to check my decay after every hit, and have seen no difference after a 0.0

Prices seem fairly accurate. Tiny bit low on the mod, I think. closer to 10k than 8k, imo.

But nice guide and pricing, Bjorn :)

From what I have tested, there is no decay when the dmg is blocked. It is essentially deflected.

Hard to get a perfect read on this, as you cannot predict when you will be missed. But I try to check my decay after every hit, and have seen no difference after a 0.0

Prices seem fairly accurate. Tiny bit low on the mod, I think. closer to 10k than 8k, imo.

I agree, I made a set of Imp plates and it cost a small fortune. With bones costing on average 1650-1750Ped not to mention the Adj 5B plates. So near 10k per Mod plate is almost true.
As far as I know, the whole point of Block is you block the entire hit this sustain no damage or decay Hence that's why the Mods are so valuable, with 3% of your hit blocked, that saves Peds over time, not to mention the great durability of these plates.
In terms of crafting, fairly boring.
Adj 5B = 2x disassembled 5B plates + 1 Mutated Aurli Bone
Imp 5B = 2x disassembled Adj 5B plates +1 Mutated Aurli bone
Mod 5B = 2x disassembled Imp 5B plates + 1 Muatated Aurli bone

This if it is costing 1650-1750 per bone, you can see how the costs to make them soon stack up. Now especially tht the bone drop rate is slowing. Seems MA only wants so many of these in game, which makes sense with the Eco factor of these plates.

Yeah I have 2 mod plates now. I chose to go this route instead of the imp plate set route, because the mods are simply so much better. I use them in chest and thighs :)

Plan to make more, but yes, it is expensive.

Despite their individual cost, I have trouble seeing someone paying 70k for a full set of mod plates.

Sorry for my stupid question but i heard too much different things.
Is 7x mod plating is 21% dmg blocked total ? or 3%.

Not sure how this block damage thing works. Does it mean a certain percentage of time the full amount of the damage thrown by a mob will be blocked, whatever that damage may be, be it 1 or 30000?

Also wondering if it;s 3% of attacks blocked or 3% of actual hits that are blocked?

If anyone used these does it have any noticeable difference to hunt a bigger mob?

Not sure how this block damage thing works. Does it mean a certain percentage of time the full amount of the damage thrown by a mob will be blocked, whatever that damage may be, be it 1 or 30000?

Also wondering if it;s 3% of attacks blocked or 3% of actual hits that are blocked?

If anyone used these does it have any noticeable difference to hunt a bigger mob?

When it blocks you get a message saying you have received 0.0 Damage. I guess 3/100 hits get blocked with a mod plate.

Yeah I have 2 mod plates now. I chose to go this route instead of the imp plate set route, because the mods are simply so much better. I use them in chest and thighs :)

Plan to make more, but yes, it is expensive.

Despite their individual cost, I have trouble seeing someone paying 70k for a full set of mod plates.

I have to agree. I suspect that the 8A SGA price of around +3500 represented probably the most that people would be willing to pay for the "premium" plate. Now the mod will occupy that spot, and the others will be priced accordingly.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the block damage effect. This is really a neat little bonus if it truly causes no decay.

It would be nice to have someone double-check this though. Seems very un-MA. :) I guess it will take someone repairing armor after every hit until they get a block, and then seeing if you can put it in repair terminal followed by the fruit/fragment test if necessary to see if there is really no decay. Lots of time but not really hard to do...

+rep to OP and you for your effort to elucidate this interesting new development.

This block damage reminds me of the Parry ability i described in a spoof future VU note a few years ago, but that would have only worked for melee users, and i had it decay the weapon very slightly. Even in a hypothetical imaginary VU, i couldn't believe MA would allow for NO decay from blocked damage. :rolleyes:

With block 100% of dmg not sure how they can be compared with any other plates.

For me I like hunting CP and fast hitting mobs, my adjusted plates have been a game changer. Hope to upgrade but will see. After using adj plates i would say worth 12k to the dedicated user, but will probably sell around 10k. I'm sure if I was lvl 50+ evade they might not be needed quite as much.

I would hope that the IMP and MOD plates be based off cost to make, but can only be worth what someone is willing to pay. After these plates get into dedicated users hands I don't see them being traded to often.

Just a side note here...

It appears they block all the dmg, with no limit. I blocked a crit from a feffox queen that killed EVERYONE around me, people taking upwards of 2k dmg.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the block damage effect. This is really a neat little bonus if it truly causes no decay.

It would be nice to have someone double-check this though. Seems very un-MA. :) I guess it will take someone repairing armor after every hit until they get a block, and then seeing if you can put it in repair terminal followed by the fruit/fragment test if necessary to see if there is really no decay. Lots of time but not really hard to do...

+rep to OP and you for your effort to elucidate this interesting new development.

This block damage reminds me of the Parry ability i described in a spoof future VU note a few years ago, but that would have only worked for melee users, and i had it decay the weapon very slightly. Even in a hypothetical imaginary VU, i couldn't believe MA would allow for NO decay from blocked damage. :rolleyes:

Good point. Another note though...

Even if they do decay with blocked dmg...

The mod plates have 64 tt vale and 2200 durability, which is better than any other UL plate in game, I believe. So still awesome. :p

How do you arrive at that cost for the bone?

That was what Bjorn was offering when putting together his set. Since then, as I am the only one buying them now, I have been paying 1500 per bone. I arrived at this price because 1500 + 2 5b =adj plate, which, when compared the 5b mentor Ed, seems appropriately priced at around 1700ped.

10k for a plate is crazy, you can't add a load more plates to the game and then price them in accordance with a few uber rare plates from before new CP dome started.

In a years time they'll be a shit load of plates around, and the prices won't even be half of what you posted. But I'll be happy to sell any bones I loot at 1500ped :)

"Crazy"? I'm reading this from a slightly different angle. OK, Virtual Plate 1=1 hour work Virtual Plate 2 = 1 day work Virtual Plate 3 = 1 week work Virtual plate 4 = 1 month work etc.

Do you truly think MA will let there be just tons of mod plates in the game?

Just like ALL the 8a sga sets, right?

10k for a plate is crazy, you can't add a load more plates to the game and then price them in accordance with a few uber rare plates from before new CP dome started.

In a years time they'll be a shit load of plates around, and the prices won't even be half of what you posted. But I'll be happy to sell any bones I loot at 1500ped :)

Don't have time to find quote, but I'm pretty sure cave is just a temperate cave event for veterans. A couple to a few months is what I remember reading. So in a year no more should be dropping.

(edit) could not find quote after a quick search maybe I was smoking crack.

Last edited:
A couple to a few months is what I remember reading. So in a year no more should be dropping.

Isn't that a presumption?

I could argue after a years time if they stop dropping those CP caves will become pretty useless. For the caves to remain useful these mutated bones will need to keep dropping.

Isn't that a presumption?

I could argue after a years time if they stop dropping those CP caves will become pretty useless. For the caves to remain useful these mutated bones will need to keep dropping.

Yes it is I will find quote like I said in full post didn't have time to find exact quote. Was from kimmi.

I agree with slither:wise:

Do you truly think MA will let there be just tons of mod plates in the game?

Just like ALL the 8a sga sets, right?
SGA,TEN Edition,seems it is enough for players who wants them anyway.One or twice have i seen plp looking for sga plates,Rare istnt much these days imo.
And like this prices on plates its insane.and players buy them and hope for miracle just becuas it says IMP,MOD. and still complain about loot.Hell-yeah 70k on plates.

Once in the time i bought 5B when they was rare-----------guess whats happend

And my friend you have mod fap so you DONT need any plates any way ,sell plates when plp think its a gold to have :)

//WL

That was what Bjorn was offering when putting together his set. Since then, as I am the only one buying them now, I have been paying 1500 per bone. I arrived at this price because 1500 + 2 5b =adj plate, which, when compared the 5b mentor Ed, seems appropriately priced at around 1700ped.

The pricing of bones is based on a few factors
1. The cost of a 5B Mentor Ed plate has been around 900-1000Ped for years. Then the 8A SGA and Guardian plates selling for 3000 and 4000Ped respectively, until these plates appeared. The Adj plate is only 1 point, extra 400 durability and 1% block better than a 5B ME plate.
2. Durability of the plates Adj, Imp, Mod, 1400, 1800, 2200 respectivel...eco
3. Block damage feature Adj, Imp, Mod, 1%, 2%, 3% respectively, very eco feature for heavy hunters
4. The bones are dropping as players spending 10s of 1000s of Peds hunting in the new CP dome. Players have to invest a lot of Peds in getting the bones and considering the features of these plates, the Adjusted is unlikely to ever drop below 1500Ped in price.
5. MA will not allow every player to run around with Mod plates blocking 3% of hits as it will eat into profits. It would be like every player owning a Mod Merc/Mod FAP combo next week. So I seriously doubt MA is going to allow many plates to be made.

The plates are obviously cost effective for those players lucky enough to have completed the 5000 Aurli mission, but I doubt you will find a player willing to sell a bone for less than 1500Ped. I had paid more as the Adj plates I had been buying were selling for around 1750Ped. Some players value these plates even higher. The compounding factor is the fact that you need 6 mutated bones to make a Mod plate from the starting 8 5Bs.
Thus the owners of Mod plates are either going to be those actually hunting in the dome or those with enough Ped to make them.

I would love it if the bones were cheaper, but I am yet to find anyone selling them for 500Ped each LOL. The players I have bought from know what these plates are worth and are not going to sell cheaper.

Adj 5B = 2x disassembled 5B plates + 1 Mutated Aurli Bone
Imp 5B = 2x disassembled Adj 5B plates +1 Mutated Aurli bone
Mod 5B = 2x disassembled Imp 5B plates + 1 Muatated Aurli bone

Where does the disassembled plates come from ?

I had a fully repaired armor and plates and got a hit from a friend in pvp area at 0.0, looked on my plates and armor.

My Adj plates and Vain armor do decay with 0.0 dmg.

Back