Prioritise fixing the bugs. Public vote!

• Thread starter Deleted member 23278
  • Start date

To fix or not to fix?

• forget the "updates" fix the bugs!

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • I like the updates but the bugs are bugging me!

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • leave the bugs, I love them, give me new systems and stuff!

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I love eating bugs!

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • chicken!

Votes: 21 23.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 23278

Postpone the changes and concentrate on fixing the bugs!

Are planet partners going to be happy with a faulty game?

I havent noticed any bad bugs that i woudl consider need to be fixed ahead of new things.... Maybe im forgetting something... I can think of some annoying things in game, but none of them are bugs, they are just the way those things work. Maybe it would help if you specified the nasty bug that warrants putting everything else on hold, because i don't see it.

Putting off anything new(or the missing old systems) for bugs in game currently, id vote against. However if you mean refine existing systems. That would change my vote.

For instance id love for them to refine the inventory system, so it stops screwing up my item placement. Or was more forgiving with dragging and dropping items if you are off a pixel in placement then it tosses it up at the top of inventory, which is annoying as all hell. Some of those types of things id like for them to fix, but they aren't bugs.

What bugs are you thinking of? Cant say that there have been any bugs that piss me off, there are a few changes that I dont like....but bug wise I cant think of any.

What bugs are you thinking of? Cant say that there have been any bugs that piss me off, there are a few changes that I dont like....but bug wise I cant think of any.

The ones like.. the right arm weapon bug..the mob sliding bug..the avatar sliding bug after changing weapon/tool..the service center transparency bug.... the bouncing away from a tp area after teleporting close to it... the not being able to pick up a vehicle bug... the single avatar on edge of radar causing failed shots and lag bug.... the game freeze at certain times of the day bug...... etc etc.

The bugs that make the game seem like it was done in a rush.

the voting is a little biased coz i'm pissed of with the bugs..most of which have been here since VU10 began.

you forgot one option: Get old systems back before new things!

With all due respect.. this not a vote about old systems..it's about bugs. The vote options were just and example an to provide a contrast to the bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent noticed any bad bugs that i woudl consider need to be fixed ahead of new things.... Maybe im forgetting something... I can think of some annoying things in game, but none of them are bugs, they are just the way those things work. Maybe it would help if you specified the nasty bug that warrants putting everything else on hold, because i don't see it.

Putting off anything new(or the missing old systems) for bugs in game currently, id vote against. However if you mean refine existing systems. That would change my vote.

For instance id love for them to refine the inventory system, so it stops screwing up my item placement. Or was more forgiving with dragging and dropping items if you are off a pixel in placement then it tosses it up at the top of inventory, which is annoying as all hell. Some of those types of things id like for them to fix, but they aren't bugs.

Your last paragraph is part of the bug list on my mind, also adding the one where I wish to change from healing to weapon yet the system insists on using my "fap" once or twice more than I choose thus causing unwanted decay and heal when all I want to do Is shoot the mob that wants to kill me.

The ones like.. the right arm weapon bug..the mob sliding bug..the avatar sliding bug after changing weapon/tool..the service center transparency bug.... the bouncing away from a tp area after teleporting close to it... the not being able to pick up a vehicle bug... the single avatar on edge of radar causing failed shots and lag bug.... the game freeze at certain times of the day bug...... etc etc.

I have none of those bugs, ever :dunno:

EDIT: Well to be honest I do have the right arm bug once a month or so...

Agreed.

With all due respect.. this not a vote about old systems..it's about bugs. The vote options were just and example an to provide a contrast to the bugs.

If you mention systems in a thread, of course someone will comment on the old ones they haven't brought back yet :laugh:

On topic though, I haven't noticed any bugs, so apparently I love eating bugs :)

Right arm weapon bug? Not sure what that is, only one thing come sot mind. Do you mean the graphics bug that makes you appear to be shooting at the ground instead of your target? If so that's just visual, you are still shooting at the target.

Mob sliding or avatar sliding? Not sure which case you mean, so ill address both cases i know of. Case one is sliding down a hillside, and well that's due to gravity not a bug. Case two is when creatures run at you while you are running at them, and then you stop right next to them. And they continue to run at you pushing you? That's a bug, but not exactly game stopping. You can easily work around this issue if you stop moving before they get to you. About 10 feet or so does the trick for me. They wont push you if you start doing that.

Service center transparency bug? They work fine for me, never seen that. Tho they do cause a frame rate hit for me of about 30-40% when inside them vs outside of them; which seems excessive to me. But they always display fine.

Bouncing away from a teleporter? Not sure what you mean by this one. Haven't had issues like that. But there is one transporter issue I can thin k of.. Every now and then it will spawn you inside the transporter geometry and you will get stuck, sometimes you can get unstuck, other times you have to revive out of it. However this hasnt happened to me for many months now, so maybe they fixed that.

Vehicle bug, ill pass on that as i dont use them.

Avatar on edge of rader causing failed shots? Nope no issues.

Lag from avatars on the edge of radar? If you mean the delay it takes to load their avatar, yes there is a minor delay. Ill agree they should handle loading better so there is less studdering, even if it is pretty minor. It should be a background request to load on those textures instead of a blocking call that makes you wait until they are loaded causing a studder. But that might be a problem with the crytek engine itself duno.

Game freezes at certain times of day? Nope never had that. But there is a recalculation every minute or so of game shadows, you can see when it happens as all the shadows will jerk at once to a new position. This is also when the sun or other light source moves in the sky. I assume you have a slower graphics card to cause a noticable delay here. its not an issue for me and my hardware isnt that new. If you dont mean the shadow change that happens once a minute or so, not sure what you are refering to. I havent seen anyting odd at specific times of day.

Your last paragraph is part of the bug list on my mind, also adding the one where I wish to change from healing to weapon yet the system insists on using my "fap" once or twice more than I choose thus causing unwanted decay and heal when all I want to do Is shoot the mob that wants to kill me.

Using a tool once or twice more is a cause of queued actions or auto tool use. If you queue up an action then it gets used again even if you dont want it to. The solution is to not use auto tool or to turn off queue. Tho i could also classify this as a bug, pre vu 10 we could cancel a queued action, post vu 10 we cant cancel the action. For that reason i have queue action turned off, where as before vu 10 i had it on. I wish they would change it back to letting us interrupt a queued action....before it happens of course. It would also be nice if autotool use turns off if/when your target dies.

You did leave out one annoying bug that i just remembered, not sure how i forgot it. The out of memory bug when you still have plenty of memory. Any area with lots of people will cause you to hit this bug. Most likely caused by reaching the 2G process limit in 32bit windows processes(the rest of this paragraph assumes this is the cause). This is one i wish they would fix. All though it might be a royal pain in the arse to code around it and may or may not cause an unacceptable performance hit. It might also be impracticable to fix it being a core crytek engine issue...all i can do is guess at the nature of the cause. Hard to say for sure. Tho the easiest way is to build a 64 bit version and tell everyone to ditch their 32bit os and hardware...but thats hardly a solution considering most computers still(by far) use 32bit oses.

Well
at
least
they
fixed
one
of
the
most
recent
ones

I've not experienced some of the bugs you mention, but have recently experienced the "banner doesn't disappear" bug. I'm going to wait to see which bugs are fixed in tomorrows list, old bugs fixed, new ones introduced.

IMHO, Diversify/rebalance systems first, fix non-essential bugs after.

Some

BUG: the banner. FIX: give banners a "Close" button.
BAD FEATURE: rippersnappers stuck in the sea floor BUT able to attack the moment you turn your back. FIX: improve clipping.
BAD FEATURE: sharptooth in the same place as the Electric Fence quest. FIX: limit their spawn a bit farther South.

Those are examples of the kind of bad programming that I think detracts from this game. I love the new stuff, and I loved most of the old stuff too, but I am more interested in a game that works than in a game which just does random stuff.:twocents:

Also, bonus geek points for the CHICKEN! reference. Has CHICKEN regained possession of his drumstick yet?

Last edited:

The bugs that make the game seem like it was done in a rush.

the voting is a little biased coz i'm pissed of with the bugs..most of which have been here since VU10 began.

Well, no game can be totally bug free...and as such we've to endure bugs .....and a few bugs here and there shouldn't prevent development of game content, and their release.
So, don't expect everything to be perfect....if you find a bug report it.....and move on

Personally, i've seen some of those bugs .....but not a major issue to me.....I actually like the sliding of a killed mob....it's physics (newton's law) in action in EU.............So have fun and enjoy :)

Other than not being able to enter fort ares service center, i don`t even notice the bugs you describe.. Besides such pool is soo worthless - its like saying "Get rid of poverty" or "Feed the hungry" - its a good target, but impossible.

1. Bug which causes continuous Mining NRF sometimes if you cross a server boundary. (This also causes a service centre to be transparent, and a TP to be absent, and may be what was meant earlier).

2. Bugs in Event Creation system, inability to correct initial entries, stupid default win rule, Abort function which doesn't work in a useful way.

3. Bugs in Auction item off-planet system - you can't see where the item is until you'e bought it, missing pop-up window warning if you bid on an off-planet item (was there in V9, removed at V10).

4. Failure to warn if you accidentally bid your entire Ped balance on an item.

The first 3 have all cost me Ped, and I've reported to MA.

Last edited:
I hate bugs more than bad loot, but I have to say that the system is currently stable IMO.
(Note that I am hunter only so I dont kwnow about other professions.)

For sure, the mobs AI is very low and even quite buggy, but its been like this for so many years that I have accepted it as a feature and I no longer fight against it. I know how to escape a Trox coming to me from radar edge, and I know how to "give" a Trox to a GD if he "gave" me one before. :D

Same for the Inventory which is a pain to use for maybe 2 years (was broken before VU10), the items are still attracted by the first line if you dont place them at the exact place (read "extact pixel"). But they dont want to improve it, so I live with it and just try to not move stuff in my storage.

Anyway I know that open bugs are very frustrating, so I understand the OP concern, and voted option 2. ;)

EDIT: yes I got once the "Banner not disappering" bug, but I can accept a reasonable amount of bugs in NEW features. What I dont like at all are bugs appearing suddenly in OLD fetaures, due to excessive code refactoring or poor version management.

Some good feedback ! and some bugs i've not experienced, thx Mega and others.

some downright patronising feedback (obviously).. ofc i'm not using auto click when i'm complaining about tool/weapon switching and other such points by a certain person.. i'm not 10 years old.

Bump for more votes!

Chicken!

We where promised that all the old EU things would be back! BUT WHEN??? Where are our Beacon missions? where is Animal Taming? Stop bringing in new stuff. Fix the bugs and bring back the old first!!!

Voted Fix the bugs!

And I just noticed.. they managed to spend time adding seaweed to a beach.

Back