Help: problem downloading next island - secret island???

Fenix2009

Old
Hello, I have trouble downloading next island - secret island, the discharge ends 50% and cliend loader is closed, I tried to uninstall completely eu and reinstall, and I have the same problem, someone else is in the same situation? ?

:dunno:

Hello, I have trouble downloading next island - secret island, the discharge ends 50% and cliend loader is closed, I tried to uninstall completely eu and reinstall, and I have the same problem, someone else is in the same situation? ?

It will be ready on Monday

First, try to download next Island. Maybe there is a dependency between next Island and secret Island.

Then, check your hard disk space (doh! lol). Also check if you got a metered Connection with a monthly quota (ie mobile internet).

Update your antivirus software - maybe there is some string in the game data it doesn't like. (It's not executable code but a single-minded AV software could scan it as such and find something that isn't there).

Run a computer RAM test program. On Windows 7 you can run mdsched (%windir%\system32\MdSched.exe).

Well, it's what I can Think of right now.

did not work, not even download the remaining 50%

send case to support a month ago unanswered

:banana::whip:

i got the very same problem, at 80-90% the client is closing. Repeated several times and result is the same. Had to send support case to be rescued since my avatar got stuck in secret island after i traded the banana to npc

My friend had the same problem. In his case the reason was really crappy ISP (pretty fast connection but very unstable). The solution that worked for him:
  1. go to the folder that has "territories_next_island_??.pak" files, delete them all *)
  2. disable virus scanner (just in case)
  3. download again
Repeat this until the download succeeds.

*) for me it's "C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content" and "??" = numbers from 01 to 10

(Note: I'm not 100% sure if secret island is still stored with next island files? but most likely this hasn't changed.)

Back