Question: Problem using VISA card, in-game and on website.

Azgal

Dominant
Society
The House - OLAL
Sebastian Azgal Stork
Hello and merry x-mas everyone!

I'm just wondering..
Is there anyone else with the same problem as me when trying to deposit using bankcard like VISA
through in-game or website?

All I'm getting is "Communication error - An error occured when connecting to the provider. Please try again later"

Paypal is still working - and connected with my card - and funds are obviosly there.
When I wrote a supportticket I got the answer back;

Hi Azgal,

Thank you for contacting us.

We can see that you have made successful deposits since this support case were written, it was probably a temporary "hick-up".

We wish you a Merry Christmas and enjoy your time in Entropia Universe!

Kind regards,
William, Entropia Universe Support

Well yeah - it worked through paypal but still not the question and problem I was having.
Has anyone faced the same issue?
Kindest regards, Azgal

just wish they'd allow everyone to do paypal withdrawals all of the time.

just wish they'd allow everyone to do paypal withdrawals all of the time.

Yeah that would be awesome - and a hope to skip the deposit fee using Paypal.
That would be almost heaven.

Probably ur card bank system (not the circuit) had some sort of complain maybe from someone that experienced issues of fraud ( kid using father card without permission), happens all the time and the seller goes in the list so u need to call ur bank card service and allow the payment.

Paypal works the same as long that every card issuer can never put paypal in the list or they will not have enought time to activate all the necessary cards. So unless ur paying to a gambling site paypal will always work (gambling has special restriction also with paypal).

And remember

A good finder 65 ped with mastercard
An excavator 50 ped with mastercard
A bunch of probe 1000ped with mastercard
Getting an hof at ur last shot...
Have no price.

ya we got hickups all the time not sure why but well it all comes to the drycleaners eventually

To be quite honest, the Webshop has been broken for me using a credit card for about a year now over this issue, declined, call bank, they say they never even got a request. 2 different banks, 2 different cards. many times over many months. I can only really deposit in-game, which never had an issue. I had to be live with the credit card company support for my last transaction, and it double billed.

Which is OK cause I don't need or want keys anyhow, and I deposit very little now.

But I am sure it affects some of their revenue. I would have spent more if I could have bought some keys probably, but they don't even get that chance thanks to their shitty payment provider.

Probably ur card bank system (not the circuit) had some sort of complain maybe from someone that experienced issues of fraud ( kid using father card without permission), happens all the time and the seller goes in the list so u need to call ur bank card service and allow the payment.

Paypal works the same as long that every card issuer can never put paypal in the list or they will not have enought time to activate all the necessary cards. So unless ur paying to a gambling site paypal will always work (gambling has special restriction also with paypal).

And remember

A good finder 65 ped with mastercard
An excavator 50 ped with mastercard
A bunch of probe 1000ped with mastercard
Getting an hof at ur last shot...
Have no price.

Interesting - yeah could be.
Thanks for the reply.

ya we got hickups all the time not sure why but well it all comes to the drycleaners eventually

Yeah,
a rather persistent hickup.. :laugh:

To be quite honest, the Webshop has been broken for me using a credit card for about a year now over this issue, declined, call bank, they say they never even got a request. 2 different banks, 2 different cards. many times over many months. I can only really deposit in-game, which never had an issue. I had to be live with the credit card company support for my last transaction, and it double billed.

Which is OK cause I don't need or want keys anyhow, and I deposit very little now.

But I am sure it affects some of their revenue. I would have spent more if I could have bought some keys probably, but they don't even get that chance thanks to their shitty payment provider.

Yeah I totally agree.
And also so few of the deposit-options are actually working :confused:

Fair enough if it's not working - but I don't want to be forced to use PayPal (whom also takes a fee) simply beacuse all the other options are greyed out.
Ohwell.

*Update for anyone curious or experiencing the same issue;

Hi,

Yes, we are currently looking into this issue. In seems to be some problems with the connection. Sadly these days between Christmas/New Year we do not have full force here at the office, so we do not know how long time it will take to fix.

Kind regards,
William, Entropia Universe Support

Holding my thumbs and toes :laugh:

I have the same problem the last days and I use mastercard, and logged into website for add a different card but culdnt do that iether. Didint even come as far as fill the card details on that one so I guess the problem is in MA's side...

Well this is one of the few issues that MA will always strive to fix, not being able to depo is like support team red alert. I have succesfully depoed with mastercard and visa the past few months, there was a time when visa didn t work likea year ago, the problem solved itself after a few months

I have the same problem the last days and I use mastercard, and logged into website for add a different card but culdnt do that iether. Didint even come as far as fill the card details on that one so I guess the problem is in MA's side...

Exactly the same for me, using Swedbank here.
If that makes any difference.

Well this is one of the few issues that MA will always strive to fix, not being able to depo is like support team red alert. I have succesfully depoed with mastercard and visa the past few months, there was a time when visa didn t work likea year ago, the problem solved itself after a few months

Yeah I mean - when the staff gets back I'm sure this will be on top of their prio list.
Still sucks though, not happy to pay any fee for the limited options that I'm forced to use.
Happy new year mate.

I have used two different MasterCard's and two different Visa creditcards for deposits. To test, after last "update" in the deposit system. I do not use debitcards online.

For all cards, I have to depo thru the website. After one transaction, the card must be deleted and re-entered to work.

Ingame deposit does not work, which I think will loose MA a lot of those "have a cold sixpack, might as well get more ammo" type transactions.

Maybe a lot of smaller depo's, but all ads up. So easy to add maybe just 50 or 100 USD or whatever, when out hunting/mining and feeling good about it.

No ingame depo, just a few clicks, has stopped me plenty the last weeks.

Update: Just sccessfully deposited ingame, a Mastercard.

yay.

I have had a couple of recent double charges happen recently. The first one MA fixed it in less than 20 mins. Second recent one, I have not heard from them in almost 48 hours. I use VISA and it has been hit and miss. I think it is NETS, it sucks IMO. I echo the loss of using PayPal, so much more convenient and never had any issues. I hope MA comes up with a more stable solution in the future or I may be forced to stop depositing, which in turn will slow my progress and limit my Mayhem options ;(

Back