Problems with my car immobiliser / alarm...

nutter

Stalker
Society
Project X-Y
Fezza Prozac Sanity
I hope someone can help... (with our wide and varied playerbase, someone must be abel to help...)

Car is a 1991 Fiesta RS Turbo

Removed my battery today to remove my gearbox. Job completed I refitted the battery and tried to start the car...

Nothing! The ignition lights all come on, but the starter / fuel pump are getting no power (fuel pump not priming), hence my conclusion that the immobiliser is at fault... (Sigma SG40 immobiliser)

I have read on a renault forum that if I disconnect the battery while the ignition is on, then reconnect the battery it will re-sync the fob / reset the immobiliser...but this didn't work (at least I disconnected the battery for about 30 seconds and reconnected it...).

Normally, when the immobiliser is working (and disarmed), I turn the ignition on, and I hear the fuel pump prime and it starts fine. Only if the immobiliser is on will there be no priming of the fuel pump.

Any ideas?

Also, my Toad C5T2 alarm has recently started playing up. I can usually lock the doors / arm the alarm remotely. However recently it has started to set off the alarm after 30 seconds or so if I do that. I am having to lock the doors with the key and leave the alarm disabled for now :(

The diagnostic on the alarm (the red LED) flashes really quickly, then flashes slowly 9 times. After a pause it then flashes a further 4 times.

Any ideas?

I spent 2 days so far doing the gearbox job and this is getting me rather annoyed.

Any help with this immobiliser issue would be greatly appreciated.

My best mate is a wicked mechanic and MOT tester...I'll ask him this afternoon if he's around.

this kind of stuff is a pain in the arse ..and usually some really simple solution that you just can't see :laugh:

t

Cheers Timmers. Mechanics im ok with, its the electrical stuff I don't understand.

What a pain in the fun-lumps.

I guess you checked all the relevant fuses? and made sure you didn't accidently disconnect any wiring?

Possibly a blown relay within the fuse box..(possibly)

Prolly not fuses or relays, because fuelpump & starter motor are not probably wired behind the same fuse, and really i am not sure if stater motor is fused at all, as it takes basically a short circuit to start a car...Well maybe some starter motor control voltage can be fused, but... :dunno:

Fuelpump relay is usually situated somewhere other than fusebox, but i dont have experience on this car model so i could not say for sure, and further it is not the problem cause because the car stater motor would still start if fule pump relay would be bust.

So prolly the immo. is the one to blame, if there is not any way to reset it, or tamper otherwise, then its a case of car electrician to either by-pass it, or make some sense in to it. I would bet that by-passing it is chaper though.

If there is some "ford" or other manufacturer based forum around, they usually contain already the questions and answers to most problems, if it is somewhat usual fault...

The flashing LED sounds like a diagnostic code. You may be able to find out what its telling you by checking either the internet for that make and model security device or by calling the manufacturer. I'm betting it's your immobilizer and I agree that bypassing it will probably prove to be the cheapest solution.

Good luck!
Blackjack :cowboy:

My car ace mate had his kids today so i didn't get to ask him sadly..but another guy I thought may know had a bloody clever idea. He had a problem that he couldn't solve, so he rang the main dealer and told them the problem, asked for a quote...the guy told him what he thought it was as he'd seen it before...and my buddy went out and got the parts and fixed it himself :laugh: .

Free diagnosis ...I thought that was bloody clever.

t

fiesta have a very tricky inmobilizer, if you remove te battery it thinks the car was stolen, you need the help of autorized Ford dealer to re set up the inmobilizer. a multibrand workshop with the apropiate scanner will do.. im in venezuela so is the best help i can do from afar, if you where nearby i could give you phone and adresses of friends worshops . GL

Back