Proffesional MMO's list known bugs and exploits and expressly warn people.

Tandemphil

Mature
Society
freelancer
Aemon Swoop Knight
Too bad MA can't / won't provide this service to their customers. If players are expressly notified in the client loader that an action is an exploit, then it is reasonable to ban people who still commit that action. If the players are not told something is an exploit, then we should not have to face a ban for using any advantage we can find in the game (THAT"S WHAT GAMING IS ALL ABOUT !).... MA makes all the rules and systems in the game, so if something works for a player, it is reasonable for the player to assume it is legal and allowed unless expressly informed that is not the case.

There should be a sticky at the top of the client loader with a list of known bugs and exploits. If a player discovers a new one and kindly informs MA via a post in the forums or a support ticket, they should thank the player and add the exploit to the list until they are able to fix it.

I've been playing the game for almost 5 months now and had no clue that using a vtol in this manner was an exploit. The only reason I know now is that the stupid ISP maintenance is preventing me from logging in for half a day now so I am bored and surfing the forum which I almost NEVER do. Forums in general suck...it's all flames or fanbois.

IMO MA needs to make all OFFICIAL announcements in the client loader, Using the forums for official announcements is just plain LAZY!

COME ON MA! you brag about the 100's of millions of dollars that flow through your game...(ALL TAXED BY MA) and can't pay a tech to update your client loader when there are issues? PUHLEASE! try to be more professional.

I agree with you.
It's not a players job to make what an exploit and what is not.

If a player thinks he found an exploit, he/she should report to MA but until MA says it's an exploit,
and says it as writes it in the client loader as an announcement, nobody should get banned for using it.

I know many players who don't read the forums regularly, or not at all.

For my knowledge, MA or SEE still didn't say if using the pitbulls at Land grab is an exploit.

Key part of your first line is Professional MMO's ....which is what EU is not so there is your answer :laugh:

.... but yes I agree they should post it somewhere.

-Bemo-

Most MMO's cater to 13 year olds. Most MMO's are not an RCE. As far as I am concerned those free/subscription MMO's really have no reason to ban players for using an exploit.
Also it is very risky banning a person in an RCE. It is just as risky telling people about an exploit.

By the rules,
we gotta report and let MA know about exploiters bugs etc.
I try to be a honest guy but...
please tell me honestly
I do i gain with it?

It was obvious after that warlock Hof that there is no loot diferencial, specially observed on MU.
Why should I keep losing my time and taking prints and explaining them stuff to screw other players if we don't get anything back and our loot keeps shamefull?
I mean, even 1 reputation point would mean have value!
Something showing that MA saw our usefull support and sent a thanks in somehow to make the world better so to say.

I have on my computer print screens that can lead to ban a bunch of players and the most scary thing, almost a whole soc.
What would i get with that?

I wasn't so sry for MJ to learn his lesson with a temp ban,
But these people seem nice... they are just going the cheapest way they can,
If i reported them I'd lose time writting about my argue and I'd get some players locked.
If i don't....... I don't lose time? So i can keep griding.

Also...
If MA/SDS/whatever payed attention and gave the right priorities to the problems on the world It'd be in fact a better place and they wouldn't have lost so many players.

Instead of adding shit content like some more irons to keep player "busy" with something new,
Fort events ... which was actually nice... but ... They have so many thing yet to replace from the EU that most players knew!
Beacons would boost mining market, and with mining market, crafting market for amps!
And who does the beacon? hunters!

This is just a small example of stuff they could add instead of shit content.
I don't say they shouldnt add new stuff
The game has to envolve to be a richer experience for us all.
But to build a castle of cards you need to start with the base... leave the top to the end.

Back