Profit/Loss Stat Keeper

Dazza

Provider
Society
Emperor's of Darkness
Azaris Dazza Nerosa
Well, seeing as its been asked for (see FilthyMcNasty's thread - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/146258-profit-loss-stat-keeper.html) then I will begin advertising what I have been working on :)

The Entropia Daily Value Calculator

Before I begin on this, thanks go out to Bluther Blubalou Barentheal (soz if I spelt it wrong mate :D) for providing me with his spreadsheet from which I got this idea!

What this program is:

For anyone who wants to track their value progression/regression, this is perfect for you (and for those who use excel/similar for your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly/wheneverly calculations).

This program is a simple coded VBA Excel program (yes, it runs off macros :rolleyes: ) that prompts you (the user) to input data that it asks you for. NB. This data that it asks you for requires a little work! Thanks to jdegre's skill scanner and carebear's tools [www.entropiatools.com] this is made simpler. I will outline steps to be taken in detail in the readme!

Once all the data has been input, the program will automatically generate your TT/Market gain/loss, your skill gain, and how your day went (PED-wise).

Also, thanks to Blubalou once again, there is an automatic function that will deduct any deposits made from your grand total - otherwise if you deposited 100$ and it didn't deduct, you would be at a total of +1000PED (note to self - found the only way to profit constantly - deposit).

It is an extremely basic program - all the current players who do their calculations manually through excel will be able to soar through the program at ease, and the new people to value calculations, its EXTREMELY easy to learn :)

Well, shameless advertising over - I will be asking for beta testers shortly - I just want to make sure the program runs as smoothly as possible before sending it out there.

By the way - I have sent a support to MindArk whether a program like this is allowed (just making sure everything is fine, this in no way interacts with the EU client), and they said they do not recommend 3rd party programs, as they could contain viruses. I agree whole-heartedly with this, and as such - I WILL ONLY POST THE COMPLETED PROGRAM ON HERE (if that's possible) or if not, I will try find CareBear on EF and send off a pm, and see if CareBear will host it on the entropiatools site. If not, then I'll manually send out the program to all those interested.

This is a free program btw! People have asked how much it will cost - it'll cost nothing, just as long as people send me feedback on how its going and any possible improvements!

Send a pm if interested in beta, looking for 15-20 testers, have 7 :)

Take care and happy hoffing,

Dazz.

Last edited:
Delays

Hey all

There has been some delays in finishing this program up - mainly uni and college work building up on me, with assignments coming in from left right and centre. Hopefully this weekend provides some spare time in which I can finish this program.

Apologies once again

Dazz

Heh... a profit/loss calculator will most definately be frowned upon by "The Company" as many will quit when they realise exactly how much they're losing :(

Sounds like a really good idea, I probably would be too lazy to bother using it daily, but once a week or to help beta test it I would.
It would be interesting to know if the feel of profit/loss on a hunt was accurate or not.
PEople who do projects camping a certain mob would find it extremely handy.

BTW you have an unwanted ] in carebears site link there which breaks it ;)

t

Apologies once again

Hey all,

Sorry about the major delays in this program - Ill be honest, I havent prioritised my time well and have had assignments hitting me left right and centre, most due the next day, and I havent even started 'em.

Ill start working on this again now, during a 1 hour break, should get it further somewhat, and then by the end of this weekend (hoping nothing is due for the next few weeks) ill scavenge a few hours to finish it up :)

Sorry again, and sorry for the possible stats that you guys and gals can be adding up but cant yet using this program

Dazz.

PM sent :) Sounds very usefull :) I'd like to participate :)

Why not call Profit Stat Keeper. Drop the Loss, lol.:rolleyes:
Because majority is loosing here. Avarage cost is 10peds/hour. And because he is not from MA marketing office.

Progress Report.

So far so good, got the program running at about 90% complete - just working on the coding for "on close, save, on next open, info goes on new line" which is being a pain, but should be done.

As for beta testers, im at 12 now, so a fair number to get started with :)

Thanks for all your support and pms :)

Regards,

Dazz.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen....

We have liftoff! :yay:

After about 6 hours of wondering why the program hated me so much, I figured out a simple logic error in the programming, and it WORKS!!!!!!

I will be posting out the beta of it today to all the beta testers (13) and after a week or so, I will ask for feedback on how the program works and what improvements need to be made.

Thank you all again for your patience and for your support!

Take care, regards,

Dazz.

15 beta testers reached :)

I have sent out pms to everyone who was interested in testing the program (or at least I hope so) asking for your email addresses to send the file to. Please send the email in a PM to avoid any people getting a hold of your email addresses :)

Thanks again for your support and patience :) Enjoy!

Dazz.

"Off to uni" bump for those who will want to subscribe to get the completed program!
:yay:

GL all,

Dazz.

Complete file along with readme being sent out now :)

The files are all sent out now!

Shameless advertising bump

Bumping Dazzas post!!!

You got email, i got some bug

Heh... a profit/loss calculator will most definately be frowned upon by "The Company" as many will quit when they realise exactly how much they're losing :(

LOL well MA doesnt allowe third party software, but for now they tollerate almost all. But Im sure if there would be a tool like this, it would get banned instantly :D

LOL well MA doesnt allowe third party software, but for now they tollerate almost all. But Im sure if there would be a tool like this, it would get banned instantly :D

I think they what they mean by that is they don't want 3rd party programs running while your enjoying the universe. I've had many chats with MA on this subject.

i think that's only a loss calculater lol

and well this isnt really a third part software

"Any third party software that interacts with the Entropia Universe is not permitted..."

Mine does nothing whatsoever to the game environment :)

Regards

Dazz.

i think that's only a loss calculater lol

I have found to make profit almost constantly when I pay attention to how I play and what I make of it. As long as people play smart, its possible - Im not saying I make 100-1000 ped a day, but if I play for 6 hours and make a 10-30ped profit, that means Im breaking the stereotype of costing me10USD to play per hour, and instead am getting paid to play 1-3, even higher, to play.

Of course, there are days where there are losses, which is understandable - but use the calculator - it'll show you a steady increase in almost all areas :)

Regards

Dazz.

Att: All Beta Testers

Hey all beta testers!

I know that practically anyone who buys a new program/game almost always never reads the instructions :D I myself being one of those :laugh:

There has come some points that I have been questioned, and they are defined in the ProfitLoss Calculator README.txt file that is in the archive, please have a read of that if you have any issues, and if there is further problems, let me know - that way I can fill up the FAQ with these :)

Also, it has come to my attention that some people may not have the Office 2007 program, essential for running this - I will therefore see if its as easy as saving it as a 1997-2003 file, or if any recoding is needed - if it is, I will recode and send to those that need the 1997-2003 excel file

If you need it in this format, please let me know! :) I will send it out ASAP :)

Happy hoffing, good luck!

Dazz.

Great Thread...and wish you the best...
we need more of this...hope MA will use it once developed...as a much needed in game feature...and of course give a royalty fee to you...every time it's used...try formally presenting it to them
:cool::cool::cool:

I have the program installed and have been using it for 2 days now. Good piece of work. Dazza has out alot of work into this from what I can tell. I def'ly have to thank Dazza on this one. The program was completed faster due to my interest in this program for my 1M bombs project as I needed and had expressed an interest in this program from the very beginning. Thank you Dazza!

I have found to make profit almost constantly when I pay attention to how I play and what I make of it. As long as people play smart, its possible - Im not saying I make 100-1000 ped a day, but if I play for 6 hours and make a 10-30ped profit, that means Im breaking the stereotype of costing me10USD to play per hour, and instead am getting paid to play 1-3, even higher, to play.

Of course, there are days where there are losses, which is understandable - but use the calculator - it'll show you a steady increase in almost all areas :)

Regards

Dazz.

In this 1-3 Ped / Hour profit of yours, do you calculate in skillgane there too? Or is that pure "peds on the pedcard" profit ? if its the latter, i would LOVE to have a chat with you to find out how the heck you pull that off :)
Only way ive found that isnt a loss every hour, is not to hunt, mine or craft...

I have the program installed and have been using it for 2 days now. Good piece of work. Dazza has out alot of work into this from what I can tell. I def'ly have to thank Dazza on this one. The program was completed faster due to my interest in this program for my 1M bombs project as I needed and had expressed an interest in this program from the very beginning. Thank you Dazza!

"you need to spread some reputation around before giving to FilthyMcNasty again" yadda yadda...

Thanks for the kind words mate, and glad that its working out well for ya :)

GL on your 1M bombs project mate, +reppin ya asap, and hopin MA does that same with that ATH! :yay:

All the best :)

Dazz.

In this 1-3 Ped / Hour profit of yours, do you calculate in skillgane there too? Or is that pure "peds on the pedcard" profit ? if its the latter, i would LOVE to have a chat with you to find out how the heck you pull that off :)
Only way ive found that isnt a loss every hour, is not to hunt, mine or craft...

Well, I've recently stopped playing due to my education requirements - I do tech. college and uni, but no need for life stories, im flat out and cant fail anything atm, so all my attention is needed in my studies.

While I played, I started the uneco way - Mar-Lighter etc. when I was noob - Then my mentor taught me eco mining, which I might make a thread about later, which proved to be profitable a majority of the time to (Thanks go out to Bruno for the great advice! :)). Then my mate Blubalou (he's on EF somewhere around here, search "Honk if you love snables" for a great thread) taught me what "pec for pec" is, and how to play eco - I took on board this advice, and damn, has it helped.

Simply enough, what everyone posts here as eco is what is eco - Entropedia.info is great for finding the best dmg/pec combination between weapons and amps, and when you get that, have a look at whats huntable.
For example, you hunt atrox with CB13 (L) + BullTac 30 (L) (perfect match) youll be getting killed with decay if you use ghost. The kill speed is really low, so your profit capabilities fall dramatically.
However, if you use that same combination on say, combibo or armax (the right maturities too) you'll be getting much better eco - also, configure your armour properly (dont use ghost when you hunt, say armax, all the time - invest in an (L) armour) to take as minimal a hit - when going for youngs-old, you dont need 60 impact protection - think about the costs.

Also, the pec-for-pec - I won't spill too much on this because I dont know if this is ready to be put out there - means killing mobs unarmoured/no need for fapping/with the best eco weapon to drop them before they hit you, and also have a minimal hp for greater potential loots

All I will say (quoting my mate) is kill 1000 and your chance of a good loot is greater than kill 10 of a larger mob (this is also relevant to maturities - all items can drop from all maturities).

If you want further info, gimme a pm :)

Take care, GL!

Dazz.

Back