Profit/Loss Stat Keeper

Great Thread...and wish you the best...
we need more of this...hope MA will use it once developed...as a much needed in game feature...and of course give a royalty fee to you...every time it's used...try formally presenting it to them
:cool::cool::cool:

Thank you for the well wishes, the kind words, and the idea! :ahh:

I have made this program with the hopes of the player base being able to track their stats without trouble of inputting data manually, and having to calculate it solo - I wasnt expecting any profitability from this, but I have had it mentioned to include a "Donate" function, which I have asked people to inform me whether it should be included or not (not as a thing that is compulsory thing, but as an option) - I really havent been too keen on this, because of the possibility of people thinking its a pay-to-use tool.

However, I will have a talk with MA if they would be willing to use this!

Thanks again :) And thank you all for the things that have made today all that bit better! :)

GL and happy hoffing!

Dazz.

Just to clarify, this has come up from another discussion, and thought I should mention it:

The email I have sent the program from is like a support email - if you need anything, I check it pretty regularly (talking out an issue now, could be programming error or input error, trying to figure it out (like, 15 copies of the code open on my desktop trying to find the error :eek:) so dont hesitate to complain/report issues, thats what I need to hear atm! :))

Also, when entering numbers over 1000, there is no need for it to be formally written (i.e. 1,000 or 1.000, just enter it as a whole number (it actually formats the number as text if anything else is entered)

for example - 27,890/27.890/27 890 would be written as 27890

for decimal points, such as your skill value - 4378.69 - add the point before the decimals (dont use comma's, this will make excel think that the number is text, and won't compute it in totals) - otherwise it will count it as 437869 PED (we all wish :eek:)

Hope this helps

Regards

Dazz.

Last edited:
Just did a google search of "Entropia ProfitLoss Calculator" and google ads (right hand column) had the exact name there (Profit & Loss Calculator), and I thought I had lost my idea :(

But on closer look, this is what came up:

I need your input here!

After beta of the program, and once I get feedback/improvements/errors etc., would you all want me to attempt to recode the program to function sort of like this? Should create a poll, but im going on yes/no/maybe votes in here, all up to you :) This may take some time however, this looks pretty intense lol (I estimate a month [possibly longer])

Lemme know! :)

Dazz.

Last edited:
Bump for any interested to use this once complete :)

Dazz.

Logged on to EF to bump up the post - got a bug fix (probably a major one, if people track dates).

So, Bug Fix #1:

The coding entered for the date shows up as =TODAY(), which updates to the current days date, for each data entry - I will be changing it to =DATE(), which will input the date it was entered, and won't update to the current days date.

The new version of the Entropia Profit/Loss Calculator will be sent out on the 12th of April before 12pm (GMT+8)/ 4am (MA time) to all current beta testers - plus a few who have asked for the program to use aswell, before the end of beta :)

Best of luck all,

Dazz.

Last edited:
I am currently in the "pending" stage of a website (free hosting up to 100mb, thats all I really need) to put on 5 different files:

- ProfitLoss Calculator (2007).rar
- ProfitLoss Calculator (1997-2003).rar
- ProfitLoss Calculator README.txt
- ProfitLoss Calculator.xlsm
this is the Office 2007 format
- ProfitLoss Calculator.xls
this is the Office 1997-2003 format

Main reasons - some prefer the package with the readme, thus the *.rar
Others just want the program

The site will be - entropians.rapidfirehost.com

Do not go to any other sites that claim to host my program - this is the only one, that I personally have created to be less of a pain for users.
I have emailed people the program, but I think it would be easier for people just to right-click --> save as.. then to send their emails (more confidential btw) and then have me send the file to them that way.

Anyways, best of luck all :) May lootius be kind to you all :yay:

Dazz.

PS. Will post here once the site is up and running :)

(haven't read the whole thread sorry)

I got stunned by the thought you have actually have to fill in data yourself..
Wouldn't it be allot easier if you log in at the hp of MA to my section, copy/paste your stuff in a reader. Go with the skill calc make screenshots and you can see exactly what your profit and losses are?
no need to fill in anything.

Since the site does not require a goldcard you can even macro a refresh every ** time so you can play windowed mode and see your progress while you hunt or mine

Since the site does not require a goldcard you can even macro a refresh every ** time so you can play windowed mode and see your progress while you hunt or mine

Looking the "Items" page does require a gold card token for those who have a gold card.

Last edited:
whoa they changed that ?;p
Then its a bit more difficult.. You will need to add a usb connector to your reader and make it refresh every time. Then you can macro it=) But this might be a bit mac guyverish :ahh:

Its all explained in the readme really, but if I wanted to get a direct "feed" of data, this would have to interact with the universe, and it would therefore be banned my MA.

The only way to get market values of items is to use carebears tools, and to get the actual values of your skills is from jdegre's skill scanner and then carebears tools.

It may seem complicated, but takes a few minutes actually :)

Any more questions, post em as you get em :)

Dazz.

Hey all :)

It is fast approaching the 1 week trial point, and I would like to ask for some feedback/bug fixes that you have found in the experimentation with the program :)

I have decided that I will resend the new, fixed versions of the programs after I have fixed all the bugs you may find (I've fixed all the bugs I have been told about so far :yay:) so on the 14th of April. This will save the confusion of two files, and make it easier :)

So, whenever your ready, fire away with suggestions/comments/bugs etc. and I will work them out over a set period of time to get them back to you working 100% :)

Thanks for all your help!

Dazz.

I've been moving and haven't had much time to test the program. I should be able to get more involved in it with in the next 7 days.

I've been moving and haven't had much time to test the program. I should be able to get more involved in it with in the next 7 days.

No probs mate, gradual input will be better for me tbh :) Means I can progressively sort through the bug fixes/improvements one user at a time, so means a bit calmer programming for me, rather than a mash of 15 users at once :)

Hope the moving goes/has gone well mate :)

Dazz.

havent really found anything that needs fixing :p

Only thing would be to add that one should use , in the read me and not use . as that fucks it up

Hey everybody

Hey everyone

I was wondering if I could get all your feedback on improvements/adjustments to the program in the coming few weeks, I hope that the trial period has been worth it! :)

I already have some submissions on modifications and I have tried putting aside time to program those in, but tbh, I have just recently had the time to actually sit down and log on lol. My studies are keeping me on my feet, but I have finished all that need doing, so now is the time to get programming and get this thing at 100% so I can start giving this out :yay:

Thanks for all your help! :wtg:

Dazz.

Back