Project Entropia Soundtrack

I see what you're saying, and we will always be impacted by nostalgia... YET if we look at what mood and atmosphere that the old tracks makes you feel... Exactly like somewhere alien and undiscovered. That same feelings the newer ones newer managed to bring back, and still doesent... While i also love Elias work. its leans itself a lot more towards traditional movie/game soundtracks rather than this soothy synth sounds that Lars made back in the day :)

I totally agree, I never get tired of those old PE tunes. Still listen to them now and again. Some of the best songs has been removed from the game long ago sadly.

Elias does a great job, and those who start the game these days will propably beg the next music artist to make more songs like Elias did in "the old days of 2017" since those songs will be their memories from when they enjoyed the game at most.

Ugh why do I even look at the forums. Always get crit right in the feels.

Lol yeah, memories are everything :)

I still have the same commodore 64 that I played my first computer games on when I was 6 years old. When I long back to the good old days, I invite mates over for beers and a good old round of retro gaming. Its more for the good old music than the gameplay. Sadly you cant do that with Entropia, but we still got the good ol' tunes :)

So who will be the first to guess what c64 game my avatar picture comes from??

Was hoping for some feedback on the new track :poke:

Wow, this is indeed what it says, new piece of the old PE music... or maybe it's somewhere between Elias and the old PE tracks? Anyway, I like it more than Elias.
To be fair, Elias is a talented composer and he's doing real hi quality work. It's just that this is his music, not the old PE music and in my book--nothing beats that.
For someone who never seen what this game was pre-VU9, it's possible Elias might be a better fit for this new game world we have today. Oldtimers however, well we're kinda lost cause lol. Never seen anybody who was there and doesn't want back there, under those alien skies. Yea grass is greener elsewhere and all that. This is definitely amplifying the effect but if u think that's all there was, well--

Btw, I passed by this thread several times, thought ok, I'v already seen it. If you want people to see and comment on your track make a new thread for it. All musicians have to learn how to sell themselves. :)

You are right :). I will create a new thread when I have a few songs :)

Wow, this is indeed what it says, new piece of the old PE music... or maybe it's somewhere between Elias and the old PE tracks? Anyway, I like it more than Elias.
To be fair, Elias is a talented composer and he's doing real hi quality work. It's just that this is his music, not the old PE music and in my book--nothing beats that.
For someone who never seen what this game was pre-VU9, it's possible Elias might be a better fit for this new game world we have today. Oldtimers however, well we're kinda lost cause lol. Never seen anybody who was there and doesn't want back there, under those alien skies. Yea grass is greener elsewhere and all that. This is definitely amplifying the effect but if u think that's all there was, well--

Btw, I passed by this thread several times, thought ok, I'v already seen it. If you want people to see and comment on your track make a new thread for it. All musicians have to learn how to sell themselves. :)

If a bunch of the old songs were re-implemented, in roughly the same regions of the map as they were, originally, I wonder what the feedback would be from the newer players who missed out on the early days?

Those old songs were so weird and freaky, different from anything else...and just seemed to go hand-in-hand with the game environments, atmosphere and mood at the time.

Yeh they really did. "Never seen a sky so alien We really are lost" (for those that remember that one)

Wistrel

Yeh it's nice I was re-listening to your stuff the other week actually

Always good to listen to this music ...
The game is pretty silent today and I dont know why ! Maybe streaming is ressource heavy ?

Link should work? Anyone can test?

The first link with the original music works for me but the second one for the NI dongs says I need to request access. If anyone is looking for a new music player check out AIMP. In the mixer settings you can add a delay between the tracks.

The first link with the original music works for me but the second one for the NI dongs says I need to request access. If anyone is looking for a new music player check out AIMP. In the mixer settings you can add a delay between the tracks.
It should work, please test again

I kept getting request for download. Apparently I need to post a new link due to some security.

I just updated the link, should solve the problem. Let me know if it doesent work.

Back