Project MINING

PkmX

Stalker
Society
Art of Mining
PkmX
Project MINING

Following the success of Project NECONU, PkmX now presents a new project for the mining community. :yay:

What is this about?
This is an extreme long-term experiment for mining, which tracks the overall profit or loss on regular mining runs. Every run will use at least 200 bombs or probes.

What is the goal then?
Since it's a long-term goal I have set the limit pretty high, the final goal is 25,000 PED (25K PED) total profit. This project will stop when:
1. The goal (25,000 PED) is accomplished.
2. I run out of PED.
3. Overall loss is over 10,000 PED.
4. For some reasons I cannot continue this project anymore. (e.g. MA go bankrupt :D)

(I reserve the right to modify the goal at any time.)

Where?
This project will take place anywhere you can mine, that includes both calypso and CND, and the upcoming new planets!

What equipment?
Finder - It depends what I can use at the moment, ranging from OF-211 to TK220, or the tik series for EnMat.
Excavator - For ore I use Improved Genesis Star Excavator, which is the one with best economic and the second fastest in-game, as for EnMat I use the TT extractor.
Defense - Phantom + 5B, Breer P5a + A106, EK-2600 and knowledge about what creature I'll encounter in a specify area.

What skills?
Level 25 Miner
Level 24 Prospector
Level 12 Surveyor
Level 9 Driller

FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)

Is it ore only?
No.

Amped or unamped?
Both, depends what I feel like when I do the run.

Do you double bomb a claim?
It depends what I feel at that time.

What's the biggest amp you will use then?
It also depends. Basically anything that's available, though I rarely use anything bigger than OA-103.

Do I get a small % if the project is successful?
No!

I want to say gratz or good luck to you!
Thank you. ;)

You suck!
You suck too!

I wanna quit because I'm sick of these project!
Can I have your stuff?

ooooOooOOOooOOOoooOOO
OooOOooOoooOOooOooo

Last edited:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
+REP hope this will be as good as you hunting project:)
GL on your mining:)

YAY!! Be very interested in your results! If they are anything like mine, this is an excellent way to pour all your recently won money back into MA's pocket.

If you uber in mining too, I'm going to quit playing and just hire you to make money for my char! :yay:

Welcome back to the projects... LOL

Gratz for succesfull project neconu and I wish you best of luck in this project.

project # 786376387638736736387533635763576536753763563537653976287289649269826783126891735095317108367305973109381098393517630974019813 in the making :rolleyes:

btw gratz for the neconu hof :)

I was sure to see another project from you.

My guess is 3 months duration.

EDIT : I guess next project will be PROJECT CRAFTING and the one after PROJECT TAMING ;)

Do I get a small % if the project is successful?
No!

I want to say gratz or good luck to you!
Thank you. ;)

You suck!
You suck too!

I want to quit because I'm sick of these project!
Can I have your stuff?

:laugh:
Good luck PkmX !!

All right! Another great person to join us and try the joy of mining projects :)

I'll be rooting for you! :D Just as many others... This makes me feel so not special... :rolleyes:
Believe me, in mining, you can make money much faster and more safer than with hunting! Unless the markup of amps eats it up... which is one of the reasons why I hate using them :laugh: ... they also decrease your return %, ofc. >_> Be careful with them.

Thanks for all the replies and +rep's so far, the first run (with a 30K rugaritz) will come in 2 days. Only have ~3 hour to play on weekdays, but expect more on weekends (that's 12+ hours).

All right! Another great person to join us and try the joy of mining projects :)

I'll be rooting for you! :D Just as many others... This makes me feel so not special... :rolleyes:
Believe me, in mining, you can make money much faster and more safer than with hunting! Unless the markup of amps eats it up... which is one of the reasons why I hate using them :laugh: ... they also decrease your return %, ofc. >_> Be careful with them.

Yes I believe mining is more profitable than hunting also, so I set the limit higher. ;) About the amp, that's also one of the purpose of this project to see how different amp will affect the return. ;)

Last edited:
Best of luck with the mining project :yay::yay:

Teach me how to profit plz plz :D :wtg:

"woot ? you are milionare ? :O i think im dreaming :O
Anyway big gratz i think you kid of your kid can play for free.
Im going to dream again :D"

Edit: Eheeh i didnt get it at first :DD, Anyway i hope you will end like this ^^

Subscribed!
Best of luck!

Could you also mention finders you are using on each run? :)
and if yes... IF you happen to use several finders on same mining run.. are you going to show separate statistics for both or just mix results together..?

Dude... are you sure about the TT Driller? :eek:

.. i mean wtf , i prefer paying for my 201 decays and drill a tiny oil-nexus with 1 click than waiting the reload time of TT driller... I'm sure that for me would be a nightmare :laugh: PLZ reconsider your statement before is too late :D

I wish you best luck and make it just like Neco Project , or even better my friend! :)

Demonikos :tiphat:

Subscribing.

GL with your experiment. ;)

Dude... are you sure about the TT Driller? :eek:

.. i mean wtf , i prefer paying for my 201 decays and drill a tiny oil-nexus with 1 click than waiting the reload time of TT driller... I'm sure that for me would be a nightmare :laugh: PLZ reconsider your statement before is too late :D

Actually, the TT for enmats is way more eco than others, besides more clicks=more skillups, as PkmX counts their value in as well!
As for the ores, I agree that Improved is most eco and can extract faster too, as ores tend to have larger amounts of things to extract. But as we see, the main aim for PkmX is to stay eco as possible. :rolleyes:

I use TT extractor and driller as the Improved is WAAy out of my reach financially. And yes, it took long to extract my Zinc global, for example, however... I gained so much of Mining skills I gained a rank at them, and so much engineering I reached a new level at Laser Weapons Engineer by extracting it piece by piece :D

ores tend to have larger amounts of things to extract.

Unless you mine lyst which imho is stupid (no offence) or with big amps @ cnd enmaters is slower to mine.

grats on the neconu hof, soc mate ;)

gl

HOORAYYY!!! :)

I will follow this one closely!

Btw with or without amp ??

its just me that because of unidentified reasons those "Projects" always end with succes? I mean, MA helps player because he will upload his hofs/finds here so it works like the best advertisement: YOU TOO CAN GET UBER HOF...PLAY!:eek:

eh:(

gl with it

Gratz on the Neconu - A few things I'm interested in knowing...

1. What's your starting skills. (Pro standings will do)
2. What's your knowledge on mining
3. When did you get that Imp Excavator... Been looking for one for ages... LOL

go away!
I want to hit at least something and if ya lucky bastard start mining I'm sure I wont. :laugh:
gl. hopefully your loot button employee of MA will read this thread. ;)

gl man... for me I have bombed somwhere in the 1-2 million range in bombs... and use 100 or so OA103s a week... still no luck for me... if you get it... I am going to start making "Projects" :)

Actually, the TT for enmats is way more eco than others, besides more clicks=more skillups...
I'm sure mining and drilling skillgains are based on TT value of extracted ore/enmatter. (no difference in mining 100 Ped TT of lyst or duru)

Gratz on your Neconu project and GL on this one :)

Me think you will have reached your goal before the year is over ;)

S V :)

Total Loot Value: 1202945.2 PED
-----
Globals
30000 PED Zanderium Stone

Profit/Loss: 1202640.2 PED
Overall Profit/Loss: 1203842.7 PED

I hopes your joking.....:)

Back