Pros and Cons of different weapons and heal tools!

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Please help me make a list of pros and cons of different weapon types and different heal tools, so that I can have a list to refer newbies asking me about it to :)

I filled out some for MindForce and Melee to show how I mean, please post more so I can add to the first post! :) Will try to keep as updated as possible with new issues or fixes over time as well.

The List:

Pistol:
General:
+ Lower dmg/hit but higher attack speed, reducing risk of overkill.
- Low range compared to rifles.

Laser:
+ Can use Omegaton Axxx amps that gives a really good economy boost.
- Fewer eco high-damage amps than BLP.

BLP:
+ BLP amps has higher damage added than laser amps.
+ Can use Dante amp that has high TT value and therefore allows longer hunts.

- BLP amps are not as eco as lasers Omegaton Axxx amps.

Plasma:
+
- Very few different weapons.

Rifle/Carbine:
General:
+ Good range on average.
- Often high dmg/hit and slow, meaning increased risk of overkill (uneco).

Laser:
+ Can use Omegaton Axxx amps that gives a really good economy boost.
- Fewer eco high-damage amps than BLP.

BLP:
+ BLP amps has higher damage added than laser amps.
+ Can use Dante amp that has high TT value and therefore allows longer hunts.

- BLP amps are not as eco as lasers Omegaton Axxx amps.

Plasma:
+ High range.
- Very few different weapons.

Support:
General:
+
- Hard to do full damage as you have to hit exactly on the target.

Rocket:
+
-

Grenade:
+
- Bad to use in hills as the grenade will roll downhill.

Melee:
General:
+ Gives a lot of health (and defensive skills?) compared to other weapon types.
+ Does not decay if swinging at the air.

- Higher heal/armor costs than other weapons due to being hit more often.
- Bigger risk of getting swamped with mobs due to having to get so close (can be solved by using a tagger).
- High TT value on higher level swords forces you to tie up a lot of PED.
- Lack of availability of certain melee weapons (anyone have details to add to this?).

MindForce:
General:
+ Skilling seems to be quicker (no actual test done).
+ Some chips are decent for PvP as most PK armors do not protect against cold and electric damage.

- Economy of MindForce is generally lower than other weapon/heal types (loot may be balanced accordingly though).
- Requires implant to work, higher implant makes lower chips have worse eco.
- There are no high level chips.
- No tiering.
- No attachments.
- No MindForce is crafted, leading many chips being nearly impossible to find.

Attack Chips:
+ Available repairable weapons that max at a low level and has up to 13.1 dps for low prices (under 100PED for a chip).
- Barely gives any health compared to other weapon types, especially melee.
- Highest average DPS of any chip is only 42.4, while for example guns have many that have much higher.
- Only chips with over 75 meter range is First Gen Electric/Combustive V+ which are expensive. No (L) chips exists that has this range.

Strike Chips (Area Effect):
+
- Disrupts if hit (synchronisation chip gives a very small adjustment to the risk, not enough).
- Extremely slow, no high DPS.

Heal Chips:
+ Has range.
+ Better heal/sec for lower level than with regular heal kits.
+ Can be used to heal groups (Field chip).

- No bigger (L) heal chip available than III, which is fairly equal to SK-20 (L).
- Requires ammo that is also the same as attack ammo.

Heal Tools:
Vivo:
+ Generally high eco.
+ Has (L) options with high heal/sec.

- Low use speed (uses/minute).

FAP:
+ Good use speed (uses/minute).
-

MindForce:
+ Has more range.

- No bigger (L) heal chip available than III, which is fairly equal to SK-20 (L).

Last edited:
Newbs (well, anyone) can use a tagger. Opalo.

Yes, true. Will add that as a solution to the problem when I can edit from computer (accessing via phone atm) :)

Examples of info that could be good to have is range, highest damage/level possible to hunt at, economy, availability (ease of finding weapons and markup of those), etc :) help out and I'll reward you with a +rep ;) lol

Laser
+ Axxx series amps are very eco
- There is no higher damage economical amps available which reduces the eco of higher damage laser weapons
+ Traditional laser carbines do alot of dmg per shot which makes them good for PK and knocking big chunks of health off of a mob
- Traditional laser carbines are slow reloading

BLP
+ There are high damage somewhat economical unlimited amps avaliable (beast/Dante/evil)
- BLP amps are not as economical as the Axxx series laser amps
+ Traditional BLP weapons are lower damage faster firing which gives you more dmg/sec as well as better utilization of the economic advantages of an amp

Heal Tools:
Vivo:
+
-

FAP:
+
-

MindForce:
+

Vivo & Hedoc:
+ Good eco, over 8.5 hp/pec even with markup
- Slow, only 20 / minute, with Adjusted / Adapted versions at 24/minute

MindForce:
+ very powerful at lower levels, Regeneration III and III(L) max at level 5, but provide comparable healing to SK-20 that maxes at level 11.
+ Very large range and group healing possible
- Needs "ammo" to function.

Laser
+ Axxx series amps are very eco
- There is no higher damage economical amps available which reduces the eco of higher damage laser weapons
+ Traditional laser carbines do alot of dmg per shot which makes them good for PK and knocking big chunks of health off of a mob
- Traditional laser carbines are slow reloading

BLP
+ There are high damage somewhat economical unlimited amps avaliable (beast/Dante/evil)
- BLP amps are not as economical as the Axxx series laser amps
+ Traditional BLP weapons are lower damage faster firing which gives you more dmg/sec as well as better utilization of the economic advantages of an amp

+And a Dante BLP amp has higher TT so it's possible to hunt non-stop for a very long time without repair. Stopping for repair on laser amps is annoying.
+Higher dmg/sec at lower lvls (this is not always a + since it makes ppl like me hunting mobs I should not hunt)

Thanks for input guys, added some of it to the first post :)

Melee:
Eco is generally high, and if I remember correctly, a missed swing doesn't decay.

Pistol:
Generally higher dps+
Lack of range-

Rifle:
Lower dps-
Good range+

Melee:
Eco is generally high, and if I remember correctly, a missed swing doesn't decay.

I reserve the right to be wrong here, but as far as I know; melee will decay on a miss and it will even decay if you swing at a corpse. ie, if you use queue actions, you will swing one time extra as the mob dies, and get extra decay.

I reserve the right to be wrong here, but as far as I know; melee will decay on a miss and it will even decay if you swing at a corpse. ie, if you use queue actions, you will swing one time extra as the mob dies, and get extra decay.

Correct on both counts i believe. You don't get decay if you're swinging in the empty air, that's all.

Opalo is all good as a candy tagger but a lvl 5 rocket launcher for 15 ish ped is much better.

Correct on both counts i believe. You don't get decay if you're swinging in the empty air, that's all.

So, if you're not aimed at, or within range, or a mob it won't decay? Well, still a bonus if you happen to attack too soon, saves a swing.

That's why I deactivate queue action when mob is nearly dead.

Btw, when I swing my blade in plain air it don't decay, but how about the enhancers on it?
Do they decay swinging in plain air? Any infos about that? Any tests done yet?

So, if you're not aimed at, or within range, or a mob it won't decay? Well, still a bonus if you happen to attack too soon, saves a swing.

Yeah, it will save a few pecs every now and then, sure. Like Konve elaborates above, unless you're aimed at a target you can damage (alive or, for some strange reason, dead) you won't get decay.

Btw, when I swing my blade in plain air it don't decay, but how about the enhancers on it?
Do they decay swinging in plain air? Any infos about that? Any tests done yet?

Well enhancers break rather than decay. I'd guess if the blade doesn't decay the enhancer won't break. Just guessing though.

Some plusses for MF strike chips:
High per-use damage
Damage can be spread across multiple targets
Greater variety in damage type--so difficult to defend in pvp use
Can select another item immediately after use--great for delivering a 1-2 punch before the target can react
Coolest special effects ingame

Some plusses for MF strike chips:
High per-use damage
Damage can be spread across multiple targets
Greater variety in damage type--so difficult to defend in pvp use
Can select another item immediately after use--great for delivering a 1-2 punch before the target can react
Coolest special effects ingame

MindForce Strike Chips can do 97 to 340 damage, while Rockets/Grenades can do 30-675 damage, both depending on the level of the weapon... so bigger chips may be needed? :dunno: combustive strike has highest dmg/hit and those have same dmg types (split differently tho) as rockets/grenades. (rockets also have much higher range)

As for the damage type, I put that in general for MF :)

Also, you can not use several strikes in a row, so you can only damage multiple targets on the first strike then you have to switch to another weapon that is either a support-type or one that can only hit one target per hit.

So yeah, dmg type is one pro for strike chips while support weapons generally have higher dmg/hit, dps and range :)

Question: Does all healkits of the FAP series heal max-to-max when maxed out?

I mean, on the FAP-50 it says I heal 13.4-26.0/26.0-26.0 while Vivo T1 is 7.7-10.3/7.7-10.3 and Regeneration Chip III has 24.0-32.0/24.0-32.0

Would this then be a thing where the FAP was better than the Vivo and regen chips? :)

Heal Chips:
+ Has range.

+ Reg. Chips gives you Psyche skill witch does increase your HP. The non ME healing tools give only 3 skills that increase HP, ME does 4.
Was this changed recently?

I mean, on the FAP-50 it says I heal 13.4-26.0/26.0-26.0 while Vivo T1 is 7.7-10.3/7.7-10.3 and Regeneration Chip III has 24.0-32.0/24.0-32.0

Would this then be a thing where the FAP was better than the Vivo and regen chips? :)

After maxing my adj fap stats says 50.0-50.0/50.0-50.0 and does max heals all the time.

+ Reg. Chips gives you Psyche skill witch does increase your HP. The non ME healing tools give only 3 skills that increase HP, ME does 4.
Was this changed recently?

No, it's always been like that.

Yes.

Some people like the constant heal amount. But from an economy point of view new L (maxed) faps tend to be significantly better than old UL (maxed) faps unless markup is crazy. Except Fap5 and Adj/Imp/Mod ofc.

I just thought I should bump this in case someone finds it helpful or has something more to add :)

Back