FYI: Proteron nerf

Status

FruSnabel

Alpha
Society
RELICS
FruSnabel FruSnabel FruSnabel
Hello,

Proteron has been speed nerfed(or boosted), they are now faster. Been teaming em quite a bit recently at OLA-46. I have 120 agility and could easily outrun old just a week or two ago, I can't do that now. I can barely outrun mature, and young I still can outrun but it aint going fast.

Thank you everyone who made this happen. :mad:

So your complaining that you do not have the skill to hunt them yet?

Its kinda like, I get why your annoyed, but if a mob can't hit you why have them set to do such high damage.

I think this is a good thing, I mean I am level 24 laser and I could kill them before with about 4 of us :S

Go go skill up/ win the lottery so you can buy uber armor

Its kinda like, I get why your annoyed, but if a mob can't hit you why have them set to do such high damage.

I think this is a good thing, I mean I am level 24 laser and I could kill them before with about 4 of us :S

I can still kill them, I can solo them. This is thanks to a certain Paladin and the witch hunt that followed, and it happened very fast

And this is a FYI-thread.

I can still kill them, I can solo them. This is thanks to a certain Paladin and the witch hunt that followed, and it happened very fast

And this is a FYI-thread.

I do not think you can blame one person for a change on a mob, MA have never been that good as game makers.

but yes, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

and this is a blame thread.

Do you even know what you are saying?

Dumb piece of.....

qzawsxedcrfvtgbyhnujmki,lo.ö-ä

chosen ones still can kill youngs at least.

Well I can't always be right, thought Mindark would nerf strafe speed, not the mob speed. Oh well guess this works as well, albeit seemingly with more customer dissatisfaction.

If everyone would mind their fuckin business such thing would barely happens, so because one lose and the other wins they gotta snitch on 'em and whiiiiiine which lead to a nerf..

If everyone would mind their fuckin business such thing would barely happens, so because one lose and the other wins they gotta snitch on 'em and whiiiiiine which lead to a nerf..

no thats not the problem. or would you be happy to see people continue to trap spiders and get ATH as Naithen did?

the problem is that repeatedly MA's solution to a problem is to use sledghammer. the other recent example is the HP tinkering to deal with a bug in the faps, rather than address the actual original problem. rather than punish someone cheating, or fix what the exploit they use, they tinker with some stats on the object of the cheating.

Welcome to the selfishness of this game community :lolup: , they asked why we never share this hunting-method to community, now we clearly see the effect. I really do not care much about this because I rarely hunt proteron, even though I can hunt it naked. But I feel quite sad when MA did something like this. Some people (you already know who) thinks that because they are stupid spending too much in gears, they deserve all the loot and non-depositors should just stand and watch they global/hof. Any "creative" method invented to help low-peds wallet player will be banned by those ubers and their supporters, even Forum Moderators are sometimes too ignorant about it. I do not mention any name in my post, so it does not violate any rule :silly2:. I know that some guy wants to delete my post :lolup:

Does this prevent me from hunting proteron naked? Not really, if I cannot do it when I am 90 Agility, I still can do it when I am 120agility. They just make it much harder but do not eliminate the possibility.

Last edited:
no thats not the problem. or would you be happy to see people continue to trap spiders and get ATH as Naithen did?

the problem is that repeatedly MA's solution to a problem is to use sledghammer. the other recent example is the HP tinkering to deal with a bug in the faps, rather than address the actual original problem. rather than punish someone cheating, or fix what the exploit they use, they tinker with some stats on the object of the cheating.

It wasnt proven the guy was actually doing so but still i never hunt proteron, i dont mind

Yeah, classic.

To please one, 500 are fucked up...

And that's funny because, that's always the richest and most skilled players who are complaing...

The fap 25% disminish belongs to such examples.

Hello,

Proteron has been speed nerfed(or boosted), they are now faster. Been teaming em quite a bit recently at OLA-46. I have 120 agility and could easily outrun old just a week or two ago, I can't do that now. I can barely outrun mature, and young I still can outrun but it aint going fast.

Thank you everyone who made this happen. :mad:

Your welcome:)

I don't get the "cheating" part here. Isn't it the intention to increase your skills to hunt more eco? Movement in any direction, is part of the ava's basic function, including strafing. So why is it a problem when an ava's skills are high enough (by way of skilling or chipping, which both methods cost tons of $ & time) to avoid the mob, thru evade/dodge or movement? I've read many times ppl complaining the higher lvl mobs don't give proportionate loot to their toughness. I think MA is trying to fix that with the rebalanced loot system. So, I see an ava with the appropriate skills to solo hunt Prot's eco (wish I could), who recieve's a just reward for hunting a high lvl mob (rebalance) and he gets accused of somehow cheating because he's been sucessful at it. IMO, it just seems like alot of whining from jealous ppl whishing they could do the same without paying the price or earning the right to do the same.

If MA indeed changed the effects of the mob because of this jealous whining, then their own stated suggestions to develop your ava have also been nerfed.

Last edited:
I don't get the "cheating" part here. Isn't it the intention to increase your skills to hunt more eco? Movement in any direction, is part of the ava's basic function, including strafing. So why is it a problem when an ava's skills are high enough (by way of skilling or chipping, which both methods cost tons of $ & time) to avoid the mob, thru evade/dodge or movement? I've read many times ppl complaining the higher lvl mobs don't give proportionate loot to their toughness. I think MA is trying to fix that with the rebalanced loot system. So, I see an ava with the appropriate skills to solo hunt Prot's eco (wish I could), who recieve's a just reward for hunting a high lvl mob (rebalance) and he gets accused of somehow cheating because he's been sucessful at it. IMO, it just seems like alot of whining from jealous ppl whishing they could do the same without paying the price or earning the right to do the same.

As I said in my last discussion that because I invest hard on skilling my agility to a certain level to allow me to hunt Proteron naked, I deserve it. But a Forum Moderator, who must be lack of game knowledge or have no common sense at all, still think it's a cheating way and need "official confirmation". When it has real money involves, people do not use common sense. They want to have all the benefit themselves.

Again, I do not mention any name in my post, whatever name comes to your mind is your own problem, not mine. So my post does not violate any forum rules ^^.

damn...come someone make a video of me outrun traeskeron when hunting and then report to MA then make traeskeron increase in speed too...

dont hunt proteron anyway...:smoke:

The problem is not enough developers.

I don't get the "cheating" part here. Isn't it the intention to increase your skills to hunt more eco? Movement in any direction, is part of the ava's basic function, including strafing. So why is it a problem when an ava's skills are high enough (by way of skilling or chipping, which both methods cost tons of $ & time) to avoid the mob, thru evade/dodge or movement?

Because those who complain are lazy and dumb and depended on exploited items to keep them alive while being dumb and lazy point & clicking at their favorite pixels.

Nice way to "fix" things by MA. Instead of think how to limit/remove a feature implemented for pvp but exploited in hunting, increase the speed of one mob. As someone said, the problem is not enough developers. Paladin is still on field hof-ing, so it does not even fix anything.

I just want to point out to everyone that I have not even used the "strafing method" or what it's called, I do not even know how to use it. I don't judge people who use it either, but I have not used it, period.

I have just hunted Proteron in team of two and doing the old ping-pong shooting, to avoid defensive costs. Today my brother who I team with and who doesnt have very much agility (speed) nor hp started to die all the time when we did ping-pong hunting. Not a nice surprise.

If MA indeed changed the effects of the mob because of this jealous whining, then their own stated suggestions to develop your ava have also been nerfed.

It was about avatars using (some might say arguably) a bug. Nothing to do with ingame skill system and professions.

I do believe it's a bug of some sort in the system/engine. Just look at gaming history, it's full of weird physics (bugs? poor development? side effects?) that were never fixed and probably wasn't meant that way. Ofc some became very popular.

It's simple, they don't want you to be able to hunt proteron (or bigger mobs in general) easily without decay/skills.

The problem here is that this is the second time the proteron gets "adjusted". I was able to hunt proteron solo in a far distant past, until some ubers complained that they were too easy. Now due to another uber complaining about people who use perfectly legal means to hunt them, the proteron is yet again made harder to hunt..

Mindark should focus on introducing new harder mobs that for the people who need a challenge, not continuously change existing ones (regen anybody) which makes the mid-level player bleed once again. I guess they don't want our ped. It's going to get crowded in the Levi sea
thanks for bringing this to our attention frusnable.

Last edited:
The problem here is that this is the second time the proteron gets "adjusted". I was able to hunt proteron solo in a far distant past, until some ubers complained that they were too easy. Now due to another uber complaining about people who use perfectly legal means to hunt them, the proteron is yet again made harder to hunt..

Mindark should focus on introducing new harder mobs that for the people who need a challenge, not continuously change existing ones (regen anybody) which makes the mid-level player bleed once again. I guess they don't want our ped. It's going to get crowded in the Levi sea
thanks for bringing this to our attention frusnable.

Very well said.

There has been no change to the movement speed of Proterons at all.

Hehe was thinking that hunting them (though i expect a lot of comments like how there is no sppon). Any comment on the backwards strafing and if its fine?

So once again folks (mis)read one report and instead of testing it themselves or waiting/asking for clarification/confirmation, you just start bitching and arguing over something that, it turns out didn't even happen.

:locked:

Status
Back