Info: PSA. Beware of Loot Tracker Software.

Lol, where do you get all your ideas from :laugh:

If I can use the expression "My tracker is private" that would be very appropriate. So if I tell you that entropia doesn't work with constants, you'll burst out laughing... isn't it?

Seriously, how do you explain to yourself a behavior of an object in object-oriented programming?
How many actions does a function in your program, its all code in the main function?

I'm a little surprised to read this from you, but dude any physicist would envy a 5% deviation in a math calculation.

If I can use the expression "My tracker is private" that would be very appropriate. So if I tell you that entropia doesn't work with constants, you'll burst out laughing... isn't it?

Seriously, how do you explain to yourself a behavior of an object in object-oriented programming?
How many actions does a function in your program, its all code in the main function?

I'm a little surprised to read this from you, but dude any physicist would envy a 5% deviation in a math calculation.

mob has 100 HP.

You deal 5 to 10 dmg.

It costs X to shoot once.

You will need Y numbers to kill it. Y=Amount of X

Thus will damage effect cost but not in "a random way". Variation will be within the parameters above in laymans terms.

It is a very deterministic process and as long as a user plots in the correct data, a tracker should just output the correct data in return. And it just reads chat:

Shot1 crit It registers first shot and starts adding cost pr shot onwards untill
shot 2 miss
shot 3 hit
shot 4 hit
shot 5 hit
shoy 6 miss
shot 7 crit
shot 8 miss
Shot 9 hit
shot 10 hit
shot 11 hit
Loot pops up <- here, it reads loot returns, inputs data and then goes on to

Shot1 hit It registers a new first shot and starts adding cost pr shot onwards untill
shot 2crit
shot 3 miss
shoy 4 miss
shot 5 crit
shot 6 crit
Shot 7 crit
shot 8 hit
shot 9 crit
Loot pops up <- here, it reads loot returns, inputs data and then goes on to repeat

correct me if i'm wrong here but this is how it works in utter laymans terms of bog basics, so damage will vary but it only reads each shot as a "cost" and adds it up as a total, then reads loot return, and that is it

mob has 100 HP.

You deal 5 to 10 dmg.

It costs X to shoot once.

You will need Y numbers to kill it. Y=Amount of X

Thus will damage effect cost but not in "a random way". Variation will be within the parameters above in laymans terms.

It is a very deterministic process and as long as a user plots in the correct data, a tracker should just output the correct data in return. And it just reads chat:

Shot1 crit It registers first shot and starts adding cost pr shot onwards untill
shot 2 miss
shot 3 hit
shot 4 hit
shot 5 hit
shoy 6 miss
shot 7 crit
shot 8 miss
Shot 9 hit
shot 10 hit
shot 11 hit
Loot pops up <- here, it reads loot returns, inputs data and then goes on to

Shot1 hit It registers a new first shot and starts adding cost pr shot onwards untill
shot 2crit
shot 3 miss
shoy 4 miss
shot 5 crit
shot 6 crit
Shot 7 crit
shot 8 hit
shot 9 crit
Loot pops up <- here, it reads loot returns, inputs data and then goes on to repeat

correct me if i'm wrong here but this is how it works in utter laymans terms of bog basics, so damage will vary but it only reads each shot as a "cost" and adds it up as a total, then reads loot return, and that is it

I don't think the problem is the read... it could be from a wrong input that is considered authentic. It's very likely from different decimal rounding... or just trying to feed a 32 bit value into an 8 bit variable... I have no idea and don't really care. Just MA should remove chat.log in UE5 and give reliable data to everyone.

As it stands, the game has much simpler principles than you might think.
The combination of many elements makes the game complex and unintuitive in this part, and this is perceived with experience, not just reading, especially in false threads.
If you want to understand the game, start doing your own research... picking apart every single element of the bottom result.

I don't think the problem is the read... it could be from a wrong input that is considered authentic. It's very likely from different decimal rounding... or just trying to feed a 32 bit value into an 8 bit variable... I have no idea and don't really care. Just MA should remove chat.log in UE5 and give reliable data to everyone.

As it stands, the game has much simpler principles than you might think.
The combination of many elements makes the game complex and unintuitive in this part, and this is perceived with experience, not just reading, especially in false threads.
If you want to understand the game, start doing your own research... picking apart every single element of the bottom result.

Oh, I was just saying that damage counts but trackers just then see less shots being fired.

I'm not sure if MA would allow data handled in another way in UE5 either, for me personally i just call a loot tracker a "Depressive Measurment tool" and why i use it i don't know but i mostly use the tracker i do to keep track of my DPP, I know i wont ever make a profit as i can't afford "investing" the 300-500k that would be required to do so. And even if i was rich as hell to do that, i'm still way to braindead to utilize it properly. :p

Oh, I was just saying that damage counts but trackers just then see less shots being fired.

I'm not sure if MA would allow data handled in another way in UE5 either, for me personally i just call a loot tracker a "Depressive Measurment tool" and why i use it i don't know but i mostly use the tracker i do to keep track of my DPP, I know i wont ever make a profit as i can't afford "investing" the 300-500k that would be required to do so. And even if i was rich as hell to do that, i'm still way to braindead to utilize it properly. :p

I thought you were asking me hypothetically, not about your script. I don't know how to answer you because I don't know what you would do.
If there is a delay in the loot from the server, do you wait until the loot is reported?
If 2 more mobs attack you during this period, will you wait again?
If you share your scrip to someone, is he will wait like you...

I personally use sticky notes.
PED IN - PED OUT ... PED Start - PED End

And I'll tell you why.
I once shot Exaro with 50 Crit DMG, and this dude survived... what I got as a response from the game helpers is that I survived a moment of Regeneration. But mobs hardly have much value beyond HP. :scratch2:

After a few days... a day/two... I did a new critical with 49+.. can't remember exactly... tentatively 49.5... the mob died.

I have my own analysis of how the system reacts at certain times, so I don't think you would find the appropriate formula by searching between the lines of the chat.log.

It's pointless for me to do an Efficiency study when a value of 0-7% is announced by MA ;)

Hey just wanted to include my fruit test numbers for my gun with 76 attacks/min base speed using 3 different reload speeds.

14% reload speed (no change)
Starting ammo: 10912175
Ammo after shot: 10909327
Ammo burn: 2848
8.218 PEC decay per shot
36.698 total PEC decay per shot

25% reload speed
Starting ammo: 10909327
Ammo after shot: 10906457
Ammo burn: 2870
8.28 PEC decay per shot
36.98 total PEC decay per shot

29% reload speed
Starting ammo: 10915206
Ammo after shot: 10912175
Ammo burn: 3031
8.747 PEC decay per shot
39.057 total PEC decay per shot

And doing the formula below
(Updated ammo burn / Normal ammo burn) * Normal weapon total decay = Updated weapon total decay

We can see that the results are accurate to the hundredth of a PEC so I can confirm from my tests that not only does the ammo burn increase, but so does weapon + attachments decay increase proportionally as well. Something to keep in mind when using loot trackers, dont forget about the increased decay too.

Probably to weigh in here as a loot tracker author, fully aware of the issues with tracking decay and the >100 attacks per minute issue.

However, that said programmatically it can be a bit of a pain. As we don't know what's equipped and what buffs are running at any one time, it's somewhat hard to manage these dynamically.

There could be the option to track which buffs you keep on equipment (I.e. from Mayhem or Reload from Rings), and then further keep track of the system messages for eating pills, however, I'm unsure if there's a system message for tracking when pills run out so there's an element of timekeeping there which has the downside of only running while the client is active.

My standpoint has been that this is a really minor issue, with there only being a handful of weapons that exhibit this behaviour. That said if there is a huge demand for accuracy for these types of weapons it will definitely be something I can take a look at adding to Loot Nanny :)

One thing I don't understand is why this happens around 90-100 attacks/min when the patch notes mentioned it only happening when you go over 100 attacks/min unless 1% reload speed doesn't actually translate to 1% faster attacks... or maybe my math is bad

One thing I don't understand is why this happens around 90-100 attacks/min when the patch notes mentioned it only happening when you go over 100 attacks/min unless 1% reload speed doesn't actually translate to 1% faster attacks... or maybe my math is bad
That is the exact discrepancy that tripped me up. My calculated speed with the pills I used came in at 98 APM, so I never bothered to investigate it initially, until I noticed my shots left indicator change which prompted my investigation. The real cap seems to be about 95. Either that, or the game calculates percentages weirdly.

It’s possible that the gun isn’t exactly the apm that it shows. Like that bp70 it’s possible apm is 76.X????

just a thought

It’s possible that the gun isn’t exactly the apm that it shows. Like that bp70 it’s possible apm is 76.X????

just a thought
Yeah it's a possibility, because when I was maxing my SIB for the gun, I noticed my ammo burn constantly increasing even though the displayed attack/min stayed at 75/76 so it doesn't round to the nearest whole number there is a bunch of hidden decimals not shown.

77 * 1.25 still ends up being 96.25 atks/min though so no clue because 25% reload pushes me past their "cap"

I have no idea really because I haven't fired by 2 reload buffs... but it's an interesting case. So each attachment only affects the weapon. We can assume that the two buffs are two different elements...

(77* 1.14) * 1.15

Are you sure that you didnt use additional buff from pills?

15% from ring, 10% from pills

if we do (76 * 1.15) * 1.10 it comes out to 99.636 BUT if there are hidden decimals it would go over the cap of 100 yes

60 / 76 = 0.7894736842105263 reloads per min.

Maybe not the calculations but the timer is broken...
I mean it's possible to compensate it even before 100 attacks if it count it as an irrational number.

Also throw it in there, for me I always seems like loot was affected by going over that 100 threshold. I always felt loot was not as good when I crossed over that 100apm. It felt like that with both mk.6 claw and with mod merc. I would tend not to use any pills with these items as loot just seemed better.
High probablility it was just me but who know. Maybe check it out when your shooting.

15% from ring, 10% from pills

if we do (76 * 1.15) * 1.10 it comes out to 99.636 BUT if there are hidden decimals it would go over the cap of 100 yes
This is another thing here. Idk if the game adds like that or just adds 25%

76+15% +10% = 96
76+25% = 95

So this is another issue that would be hard to see how the game is actually adding.

60 / 76 = 0.7894736842105263 base reloads per min.

1st buff 15% reload
0.7894736842105263 * 0.85 =

2nd buff 10% reload
0.7894736842105263 * 0.90 =

The value of the second buff
0.7894736842105263 - 0.7105263157894737 =

0.6710526315789474 - 0.0789473684210526 =

100 attack per 1 min.... 60 / 100 = 0.6
0.60 - 0.592 = 0.008

8.218 * 1.008 = 8.2837

I'm just shooting blindly at the above values... maybe if we have more data it will come up with an accurate calculation if it's not.
But it seems to me that increasing the value of the buffs is not the best approach because reloading is reducing time.

Hey just wanted to include my fruit test numbers for my gun with 76 attacks/min base speed using 3 different reload speeds.

14% reload speed (no change)
Ammo burn: 2848
8.218 PEC decay per shot
36.698 total PEC decay per shot

25% reload speed
Ammo burn: 2870
8.28 PEC decay per shot
36.98 total PEC decay per shot

PPRPS..
0.7894736842105263 * 0.75 (25% reload) is the same result 0.592

Last edited:
Back