Public apology on how I lied while renting stores.

Do note bound item abuse can be done with all shop/apt estate sales not just rent. This can be abused by person A selling a store, which person B buys. Person A decides to place a bound item so even though the shop is sold to B, A still retain control of the estate.

Yet again there is a (presumably) unintended consequence just below the surface of MA's code. Long known about has it been, but put right? Nope! Is there ANY reason why MA can't simply prevent bound items from being placed in 'deed environments', with the same applying to any types of containers which contain a bound item?

There is a similar type of problem with items related to each other, such as warp ships, warp drives, unl thrusters and other things that may be attached. As I see it, currently if a ship is sold on auction, there is no guarantee about also getting the pretty vital warp drive. Here it is actually DESIRED that items are lumped together, as opposed to a bound item blocking a change of ownership, but the idea is similar.

MA really needs to get some better support processes if it can't sort out the code in a timely manner. It is admitedly a bit of a trick in the first place to have found a way to rent out a property whilst keeping the deed (apart from the brief 2-way trade with collateral when the person renting makes the quick claim in between), but even so! It cannot be that support refuses to get involved and free things up by moving the bound item.

I vaguely remember a thread about the contents of a shop ending up on a different planet. Would that be related to the question of where items should go if someone claims property? Naa, can't be that - the person has to be on the same planet as the property, standing by the claim marker, surely? Stuff wouldn't go flying through the universe that way... but they might if automatically returned to the former estate manager - I get that!

Anyhow - the deed is the most important piece of paper - the rights to whatever is inside, which should be listable too in my opinion, just like when I try and enter an event with a skill cap, I get told a whole list of all the nice professions which are over the top... :eyecrazy:

Is there ANY reason why MA can't simply prevent bound items from being placed in 'deed environments', with the same applying to any types of containers which contain a bound item?

There is, people like to decorate their apartments and shops with bound items, put bound clothes onto shopkeepers etc. Taking away another feature is not a solution. A normal renting system would solve a lot but MA once again reiterated in AMA their firm intention to not add it.

Back