Public apology on how I lied while renting stores.

morey

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Aurisk Morey Kenbi
Got the shop back! It's resolved! Thank you @DJ Kracker for being an awesome mediator. Lets end the drama now.

Last edited:
I am floored you could have done this.

It takes some brass ones to come before your fellow players and admit your mistake.

Good luck to you

Unfortunate news, the shop rent at Medusa Bazaar is very tempting, i just dont have enough goods daily to start one yet.

However, i can confirm when i have asked the same question from you a few months ago, you told me all the items would go to the new owner if he claims the shop.

So, as we all know, I rent and manage the stores at Medusa Bazaar. A couple of months ago gdog rented the store from me and I lied to him about being able to claim items within a shop. Thus this became a huge liability and risk for all shop owners.

In the original statement i have said that if a shop was claimed, all items would go to the player's planet storage and not the new owner.

I want to apologize that I was committing fraud by ignoring the original contract, and I apologize for putting all these shop owners at risk due to my selfish intents. Without a shop deed all items in a shop are at risk.

That is a weird thing to lie about and an even weirder thing to confess to imo... I'm sure that at least some of the renters knew how this works and knew that their items were at risk, and for the others that didn't, yes, it's misleading to tell them that when it's not true, but I think 'fraud' is a pretty strong word here. Yes technically it fits the definition but I feel like it's a bit of an exaggeration. 'Deceived', sure, 'Fraud', I dunno...

Anyway there's no need to mislead people in this way. Just tell them the truth and deal only with people that trust you. I have items in my shops that are on consignment from other players and I give no collateral whatsoever, it's all based on a verbal agreement and I only pay them after it sells and after I take my cut.

Those that have been around as long as you and I know that your reputation in the game will go a long way when doing business, because a good reputation can be leveraged to get good clients/tenants and good deals.

When you have a good reputation, If individuals don't trust you, then that's their loss. That's how I look at it.

Be honest and trustworthy and build a great reputation.

Cheers o/

Legends

If you lied once for your own personal benefit, who guarantees that you won't do it again or everything else you say is bs? Nothing. Shame on you buddy.

Quite sad from the manager of the stores at Medusa.

Did someone threaten you to come here and admit before they blew the whistle? Who can also guarantee that you won't create a fake account and continue doing whatever ?

On a final note, that's why Entropia Universe and MA should make an effort to perform regularly KYC checks on their players (and there's no excuse, there are 3rd party companies that do this).

Not only guarantees a safer environment for the players, but also would prevent that some of the existing fake accounts, alts and other "abnormal situations" would stop happening - obviously this wouldn't stop my supposed wife to make an miltonina osganina avatar and me disappearing from the game.... oh wait... :scratch2::ahh::laugh:

over and out.

Hi all, this thread was created with the attempt to get a shop of EI Fund's back without MA involvement (Medusa Floor 4 Shop 6), which ultimately failed and we need MA help here.

Summary of what happened:
1. gdog was a previous renter at Medusa Bazaar F4S6. The store's rent and collateral was paid by his mentor Ben Tony Dover late 2019.
2. Jan 2020 Divinity tried give the store to another shopkeeper to run, only realize that we could not claim the store due to a bound item placed there.
3. Jan 2020 I asked gdog to remove the bound item from the shop to which he declined and refused.
4. Jan 2020 Divinity submitted multiple support tickets to MA to clear this shop claim issue. No response yet.
5. April 2020 I messaged gdog's mentor Tony and his friend who used to rent right next to him and ask them to contact gdog for me to remove the item from the shop. The response was Tony recommending me to just do the apology that gdog wants, and get the shop. Tony will boot him after.
6. The apology message became a new thread with specific requirements by gdog.

This exchange happened while I was streaming at the time. A summary video can be found here on how we ended up at this thread exactly.

Summary Video (5min):
https://youtu.be/XWmRQCuPSdM

Full Video (58min):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/587871386

unknown.jpg

For those of your who were there during the live stream. Feel free to comment now :)

Last edited:
I'm so confused by this thread...

Last edited:
Who is carrying the deed for that shop ?

Renter basically utilized a technicality/poor wording choice in description of contract before choosing to rent. Then when he defaults he bitches about it like a GOD damn SIMP. Hijacks owners store... what a cuck. :smoke:

Nice try! So I'm guessing you didn't get it back then?:(
Hope ludvig reads this and maybe he can do something to speed things up!

Someone wanna break this down into simple sentences so i dont have to bother watching the vids?

:headbang:

Who else thinks this lockdown is getting people bored out of there minds

Someone wanna break this down into simple sentences so i dont have to bother watching the vids?

1. I tried to take over shop which was vacated and realised I was not able to do so because of a non tradeable item being left there.
2. Communicated the same to Morey who handles the mall on behalf of the fund.
3. On asking the renter who was previously using the shop he refused to remove the item in question until morey would apologize for some mistake in his wordings for the rental thread. I did not back then and i still do not see what the individual in concern was so mad about as we would always returned all items to the owner in case the individual was absent for a long time necessitating us to take control over the shop.
4. I told that i will ask support to do the needful assuming they would . I month of asking them to do so with multiple reminders got nothing done.
5. Morey then asked if he could have the deed so he can ask support as well, to be fair I dont believe i should be making a reminder for the same thing everyday, thats not how i work and if thats how things are needed to get done I rather let someone else do it.
6. He talks to gdog and tony ( tony being the current owner of PA mall and the person who recommended that gdog be given the shop in the first place) and it seemed tony recommended that morey just do the apology and get it over with.

Hence the thread.

My 2 cents,

1. Never do what you don't believe in. I personally think this whole thread including the apology was absolutely unnecessary and something I would not do just to appease someone who i know is in the wrong and trying to arm twist me.

2. Need to be way more careful in future about both

a. What u write and how things are interpreted
b. Choosing the people you get into business with.

I have nothing further to add or discuss in this and will be my first and last thread in this matter.

Divinity

Note : The ongoing support request which is pending without response for more then a month now with multiple reminders.

supportjpg.jpg

What a twist! Cant wait to see whats next.

Btw, did you really told him the items would go to his storage, or that lie was a lie?
When i asked you about it, i got the answer i already was 99% sure anyway, all item to new owner.

The all trades are final and they are not interfering is not works here.
By that rule, the trade is the deed from gdog to You, so he sold you the shop, just not removed an item that makes it unclaimable. As i see, this is a technical issue, not a trading one, support should have solve it long ago already.

:headbang:

Who else thinks this lockdown is getting people bored out of there minds

1. I tried to take over shop which was vacated and realised I was not able to do so because of a non tradeable item being left there.
2. Communicated the same to Morey who handles the mall on behalf of the fund.
3. On asking the renter who was previously using the shop he refused to remove the item in question until morey would apologize for some mistake in his wordings for the rental thread. I did not back then and i still do not see what the individual in concern was so mad about as we would always returned all items to the owner in case the individual was absent for a long time necessitating us to take control over the shop.
4. I told that i will ask support to do the needful assuming they would . I month of asking them to do so with multiple reminders got nothing done.
5. Morey then asked if he could have the deed so he can ask support as well, to be fair I dont believe i should be making a reminder for the same thing everyday, thats not how i work and if thats how things are needed to get done I rather let someone else do it.
6. He talks to gdog and tony ( tony being the current owner of PA mall and the person who recommended that gdog be given the shop in the first place) and it seemed tony recommended that morey just do the apology and get it over with.

Hence the thread.

My 2 cents,

1. Never do what you don't believe in. I personally think this whole thread including the apology was absolutely unnecessary and something I would not do just to appease someone who i know is in the wrong and trying to arm twist me.

2. Need to be way more careful in future about both

a. What u write and how things are interpreted
b. Choosing the people you get into business with.

I have nothing further to add or discuss in this and will be my first and last thread in this matter.

Divinity

Note : The ongoing support request which is pending without response for more then a month now with multiple reminders.

View attachment 38330

Your business partner is lying to the players and community of this game and at the same time collecting money from them and you say it's ok for you. I'm really disappointed to you Divinity.

All trades are final but Medusa fund is trying to make it so that they can rent things out.

The 'renter' left an item in the shop making it difficult for the Medusa Fund to do the whole rental thing.

Mindark's stuck in the middle since they say all trades are final but allow Funds like this to pretend to do rental stuff even though their policies say all sales are final... essentially just another reason for Mindark to create a true rental program, which they refuse to do since they don't have the programmers that know how to make that happen.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...H-amp-R-Circle&p=681145&viewfull=1#post681145
...If an item is exchanged between avatars, this transaction will be logged as a regular TRADE. And as all trades are final, MindArk will not investigate claims if a loan giving avatar refuses to return items or money.
...any loan services offered outside the approved bank system will be considered by MindArk as scam attempts and the avatar offering such services risk a permanent lockdown of his/her account.

Based on above statement to resolve the issue Mindark should just permanently ban the renter and everyone involved in the Medusa Fund and all similar Funds that anyone ever tries to make, or alternatively should create a true rental program, just as they created a true 'shares' system, etc.

History shows time and time again that when people try to make the loan thing or funds work in this game that is not designed to allow it things break apart and cause problems for all involved...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...5-R-amp-R-Fund&p=820872&viewfull=1#post820872

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...estment-Fund&p=1900368&viewfull=1#post1900368

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...back!-almost&p=2755027&viewfull=1#post2755027

Mindark doesn't follow their own rules, allows Participants to not follow their rules, and then things like this happen... over and over, and over again...

Of course, I guess it's to be expected from a company who has a CEO that doesn't know which planet is which in the virtual universe... https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2018/09/17/ComPet-Announcement.xml
In order to minimize the impact of the decision to suspend development of ComPet, MindArk is offering ComPet Deed holders the ability to exchange ComPet Deeds for Arkadia Moon Deeds at a ratio of five ComPet Deeds for two Arkadia Moon Deed. The upcoming release will place two different NPC:s on Planet Calypso which will handle the transfer, one in Port Atlantis Mall Teleporter and one in Twin Peaks.

Sidenote, it's interesting to study the history of public apologies in this game...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...st-(Apology)&p=2756451&viewfull=1#post2756451

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2568680#post2568680

https://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nova/2006/05/mindark_im_sorr.html

Last edited:
If gdog requested that the public apology be made in exchange for removing the avatar-bound item which prevents the shop from being claimed, then gdog needs to keep his word and remove the item now that the apology has been done.

So, I'm beginning to feel that gdog is the real ass in this whole saga at this point...

This is a "public apology" yet you erase the OP with said apology. Furthermore, it appears the apology wasn't sincere and was only done because someone made you do it.

This is all very strange behavior.

Hope MA solves this problem in a fair way.

OP admits early in the video to lie for "Ego" and for "Extra PEDs".

Then he mocks the person he scammed a few times (and being so smart that he continues on his ego-trip totally dismissing the person he scammed could be watching the video).

And few further minutes in OP says he did nothing wrong, plus further ego-tripping continues throughout the video. Oh and bonus points on feeling "an north korean prisioner". Such a victim. "Small technicalities".

"I'm doing this for you guys to enjoy it"

and bit further in the video....

"Wasn't a lie, just a bit of a misunderstanding"

"I need bullsh*tt*ng skills".

I'd be ashamed.

@Divinity, do you think this procedure from "one of your staff" is acceptable or in any way good for reputation?

@Morey, spin this the way you want. You were in the wrong in the first place and it's not that arrogant sort of apology that will sort you out or make your reputation get any better. If anything you're just digging deeper.

And for gdog... get your peds back (and a compensation would be nice because Morey was making fun of him big time and that is appaling), stop holding the shop hostage and end of drama.

Tho i'd make the OP sweat for it, since his behaviour was unacceptable, unethical and again, just proves that there's no real safety net for the players out there and trust scams are just around the corner.

SHAME.

The Medusa mall renting is a really good idea for everyone involved.

It is a win/win for both the owners and the renters.

I hope that MA can work around the non tradeable items when it comes to claiming back estates.
Should be a easy fix really. If you have and own the deed, one simple item should not be in the way.

So maybe a quick fix and let the owner claim whatever the estate really have in there?
Seems fair. If you own it then you should have the option to throw the ones that are not following the "contract" agreed on from the start.

The none tradeble item should be sent back to the owner. Seens a few cases where item are thrown back into storages for any other reason. The best one i can think about is where a owner placed Toulan items in the shop and then all items were sent to the toulan storage each update, if i remember that correct.

I am ofc seeing this more from a owner point.

He made his point. Got a apology, even if it was forced.
That was what he wanted really.

And if it all was a lie. Then a bit of shame ofc. But that we can all see that he is getting and also showing from this.

Lets hope that this will have an impact in a good way. And not something that will actually end up killing off a renting service all together. With this here i am not really intrested in renting out anything that can have a item placed on the estate.

Who is carrying the deed for that shop ?

The "owners" hold the deed, they give the deed to the "renter", who pays collateral, "renter" claims the shop, then returns the deed to the "owner" . If "renter" doesnt pay up, the "owner" claims the deed back and gets the deed + all the items inside. "renter" gdog was smart and put an untradable item inside, so deed couldn't be claimed back.
And now holds "owner" ransom and tells him what to do to get his shop back.

It's a system begging to be abused, and here we have it.

It feels a bit like some funds out there who have deeds, that dont really exist, because they are made up.
That these systems are allowed to exist, is beyond me.

Mindark should make a lending/renting system, period. With deeds they have made the right move with the new crystal palace/moon deeds system.

Until then, All trades remain final.

It is a mutual trust thing if you do something else. I did a similar thing when I managed OLA65. It worked out fine while it lasted, but could have gone wrong as well, if either party want to screw things over, they can. And the only thing to help you is that the other party doesn't want to lose their reputation.

That's exactly what Gdog accomplished here. He tarnished the reputation of this venture, even if it worked out perfectly well, the reputation of this "renting" shops thing got a blow, because people read half of it, and think. "ahh yes that scammy renting thing going on at medusa". That impression stays.

So once more Mindark: Make a proper lending/renting/trying out a new weapon before buying system. You can even charge a few peds.

Make a proper lending/renting/trying out a new weapon before buying system. You can even charge a few peds.

The system is already existing, they just would need to make some minor modification with the bankteller, instead giving out ped for item, reverse how it works, giving out item for ped.
Than the rest is the same, daily rate, deed on inventory, you can return it anytime and pay the fee or even just deducted from the ped you gave, or not return and loose the ped.
Its like already done, just very small changes needed and can be launched.

Will probably never do a trade with gdog after reading this

I kinda agree with gdog in the sense that it was deceiptful to say items goto previous managers storage but... nothing was taken or lost here to my knowledge.. the issue was those words which wewre agreed upon at the beginning of the rental. Why this is an issue now don't make sense to me but I have another question...

this issue was obviously bothering gdog who possibly discussed it with several people. Im wonder who may have suggested the untradeable item thing to gdog in the 1st place.. possibly someone that owns a mall and experienced it already? Might as well get everyone involved =p

Not sure anybody suggested to him.
When i was wanted search for information about what happens when somebody claim an apartmant, shop, etc, who will get the items, im wasnt able to find answer in forum, but i found this part, if an untradeable item is placed, that makes impossible to claim.
Maybe he just did the same research and found the same topic about it.

Not sure anybody suggested to him.
When i was wanted search for information about what happens when somebody claim an apartmant, shop, etc, who will get the items, im wasnt able to find answer in forum, but i found this part, if an untradeable item is placed, that makes impossible to claim.
Maybe he just did the same research and found the same topic about it.

So the rental could have been with malicious intent from the start? I guess it could have been as well, intent to do this before even agreeing to the rental

This is a "public apology" yet you erase the OP with said apology. Furthermore, it appears the apology wasn't sincere and was only done because someone made you do it.

This is all very strange behavior.

Hope MA solves this problem in a fair way.

The intention of the thread is to get the shop back by just making someone happy. The apology was a final idea and suggested by gdog's soc mates since every method has been tried and to no result.

Needless to say, I did not agree with what he wants me to write, but wrote it just to get the Fund's shop back.

OP admits early in the video to lie for "Ego" and for "Extra PEDs".

Please note the sarcasm.

The intention of the thread is to get the shop back by just making someone happy. The apology was a final idea and suggested by gdog's soc mates since every method has been tried and to no result.

Needless to say, I did not agree with what he wants me to write, but wrote it just to get the Fund's shop back.

Please note the sarcasm.

I am not prepared to take sides on this.

I welcome the discussion on the renting out an item issue, which I find, MA has neglected for years.

However, you do admit to posting in bad faith and wilfully misleading ppl––thus abusing this forum for your personal economic interests. Not to mention, being smug about it.

:dunno:

Last edited:
Got the shop back! It's resolved! Thank you @DJ Kracker for being an awesome mediator. Lets end the drama now.

All trades are final but Medusa fund is trying to make it so that they can rent things out.

The 'renter' left an item in the shop making it difficult for the Medusa Fund to do the whole rental thing.

Mindark's stuck in the middle since they say all trades are final but allow Funds like this to pretend to do rental stuff even though their policies say all sales are final... essentially just another reason for Mindark to create a true rental program, which they refuse to do since they don't have the programmers that know how to make that happen.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...H-amp-R-Circle&p=681145&viewfull=1#post681145

Do note bound item abuse can be done with all shop/apt estate sales not just rent. This can be abused by person A selling a store, which person B buys. Person A decides to place a bound item so even though the shop is sold to B, A still retain control of the estate.

--

My original rules for Renting @Medusa is here and still unedited from awhile ago:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?307310-Medusa-Bazaar-Mall-40-amp-100-IP-shops-for-Rent-(NEW-MANAGEMENT!)

There is a FAQ I mentioned in the above thread Opening statement which is the focus of the argument.

"
What happens if a shop owners that rents with does not actively manage the shop?
We will inform you to remove the items and we will take over the shop.
"

I was asked what if we need to evict owners who don't pay rent after awhile. I replied that we will claim the store, and return your items when we see each other next.

gdog chooses to focus on a technicality of this statement by saying i cannot claim with bound items in the store... which is the source of ALL the drama. I did foresee this was as a possibility 2019 when he rented. He asks me for apologies on me lying, etc by not capturing this specific incident with bound items in my statements.

I currently hold the shop deed F4S6

Last edited:
Back