PVP Bug, watch out, you are not hidden in clouded radar PVP!

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Normally I just write support cases about bugs. But after seeing a few members of a Soc, not named here, scanning me and others then TPing into Aegis PVP zone, I want to make sure to worn others and give MA urgency on fixing this bug!!!

The Bug:

1. scan any avatar.
2. select an item in the scan window at bottom
3. click the MU icon at bottom of window.
4. you will move to the avatar anywhere on your radar.

I found this by accident today, but have many stories of certain avatars magically finding friends in clouded radar PVP zones for many months now. I had no clue how but this is maybe a way they were doing it. Or there are other ways we don't know?

As we know PVP is broken in this game and I'm sure there are many more similar bugs being used. I just hope MA fixes them and ban's anyone using them.

Good luck out there!

Really makes you wonder! Bugs on purpose for sale to underground economy?

I am not shure if you'r still able to deactivate fog of war

Did not try that for a while

thanks for the info. from now on I will scan everyone near PVP until mindark fixes this. MINDARK get to work. this shouldn't be hard to fix.

Makes me wonder how such a thing even gets introduced. Feels like someone snuck this one in....

I do recommend someone make a video of it though and repost so that Mindark actually understands what the OP says enough to fix it. (e.g reproduce steps at the UI level)

It always made me curious...

Whenever Mr Foss turned up in a Service Station near lootable PvP, he got multiply scanned.
Going on for years now.

Scanning Mr Foss costs 2 PED, however, hardly anyone is paying up anymore. :mad:

Last decent person who did was John Capital. :tiphat:

Have anyone actually tested this scanning bug to see if it works and produce any proof?

• Sad
Reactions: jak
This thread sure got a lot shorter. ? ? ?

Wow... what a culling.

Normally I just write support cases about bugs. But after seeing a few members of a Soc, not named here, scanning me and others then TPing into Aegis PVP zone, I want to make sure to worn others and give MA urgency on fixing this bug!!!

The Bug:

1. scan any avatar.

I found this by accident today, but have many stories of certain avatars magically finding friends in clouded radar PVP zones for many months now. I had no clue how but this is maybe a way they were doing it. Or there are other ways we don't know?

As we know PVP is broken in this game and I'm sure there are many more similar bugs being used. I just hope MA fixes them and ban's anyone using them.

Good luck out there!

Another day, another bug exposed... It's hardly shocking at this point in time... Which makes me wonder if it's even worth bothering with this game at all

The Bug:

1. scan any avatar.

Good luck out there!
Hi Jak,

I saw you were accusing HM of cheating when I scanned Helena before I TPed from Aegis. I had no clue what your were rambling about, but I guess this is what you were referring to.

Helena was doing mayhem in Wormslayer, and often wins #1, so I wanted to check what gear he was using. Helena never enter lootable PVP, and certainly does not mine, so there would be absolutely no reason for me to scan him for bug abusing. I'm sure MA can confirm this one scan is the only one I've done this month.

As for this bug, I think most ppl has seen this before, if you scan someone at SC and run to the TP while browsing his gear, then clicking at an item, your avatar will turn and run back to SC again. I've never connected that this could be abused as an advantage in PVP.

I do hope MA comes with their new patch soon. On my latest support case, listing a lot of the active bugs being abused in PVP, they replied they were aware of the problems and were working hard on fixing this in the coming patch. Fingers crossed.

Best regards,
Lars

Reactions: jak
Hi Jak,

I saw you were accusing HM of cheating when I scanned Helena before I TPed from Aegis. I had no clue what your were rambling about, but I guess this is what you were referring to.

Helena was doing mayhem in Wormslayer, and often wins #1, so I wanted to check what gear he was using. Helena never enter lootable PVP, and certainly does not mine, so there would be absolutely no reason for me to scan him for bug abusing. I'm sure MA can confirm this one scan is the only one I've done this month.

As for this bug, I think most ppl has seen this before, if you scan someone at SC and run to the TP while browsing his gear, then clicking at an item, your avatar will turn and run back to SC again. I've never connected that this could be abused as an advantage in PVP.

I do hope MA comes with their new patch soon. On my latest support case, listing a lot of the active bugs being abused in PVP, they replied they were aware of the problems and were working hard on fixing this in the coming patch. Fingers crossed.

Best regards,
Lars

+rep

Thanks for that clarification.

Guess I jumped the gun a little, darn bugs always get me heeted when they crop up! Hope they fix this one and any others fast!

Maybe MA will get smart and just turn off clouded radar. But who knows.

+ rep for pointing out the bug after seeing the other side might be into it as well. Sounds familiar, 'expose' it when no longer gives the upper hand to the group.

The Bug:

1. scan any avatar.

Good luck out there!
Seams some do not like that this bug is now in the open.
Maybe they have a reason to dislike you for telling everyone how PvP thiefs using bugs to find you in PvP.

And Mindark is maybe also not happy as they now have to start ironing out another bug instead of doing what they like to do while in office and ignoring support cases about bugs as long as they do not cost MA money.

Back