PVP, EU and possible goals - roles

Dan59

Stalker
Society
dust
Dan Dan Petrov
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5035.html
About

The Entropia Universe is a massive online virtual universe. Set in a distant Sci-Fi future where man has developed amazing mind powers, participants assume the roles of colonists who must develop the untamed planet of Calypso. Adventure across continents from snow covered mountain tops to ancient underground caverns. Discover an outback populated with fierce and dangerous creatures, the wilderness on Calypso is also rich in minerals and ore, all of which can be lucrative sources of income for would-be colonists. ............

1. Goal is to "develop the untamed planet of Calypso"
2. Its not a war or PK game - its "Adventure"
3. You dont need PK gear like modfap, shadow, modmerc, terminator .. this is misleading and its probably from another game. Instead of that you have developed amazing mind powers to use when dealing with fierce and dangerous creatures ( that mean not PVP but PVE ) and the wilderness on Calypso.

Have fun using amazing mind powers.

SKULL

Prowler
Society
The Great Pretenders
jan SKULL van de ven
possible goals indeed

but some avatars may have other goals then you like kill everybody on sight

Again i say dont go into pvp if you cannt accept that you may get killed

Society
Grecu
It is not like all game is a PK zone ... Not even 10% of the places are PVP so nothing to complain about. (I only once went into PVP areas and never encountered anyone who fired at me in places where PVP is allowed except my team members when hunting chompers :silly2: )

Dan59

Stalker
Society
dust
Dan Dan Petrov
Its not about going or not going in pvp zones but about what you undrestand reading "About" post on MindArk official site. Pvp is not mentioned there. About what kind of world they talk there and about what kind of participants rules to be assumed and mostly about what kind of proffessions, tools, weapons ( developed amazing mind powers).
Do you think modfap is residue of such amazing mind power?

SKULL

Prowler
Society
The Great Pretenders
jan SKULL van de ven
well it will help you include a little added text instead of just copy paste
MA info nobody knows what you mean by that(and still dont)

Why did you make this post for instance ?

kira-red

Stalker
Society
shaolin.
kira "red" star-rigger
Why did you make this post for instance ?

dan is illustrating that the reality of PE/EU is different from the official proposition of PE/EU.

if you bought into the about text, you're in for a surprise when you arrive.

this is not to say that you cannot do as the text reads, just that it is not apparently the goal of other colonists.

SKULL

Prowler
Society
The Great Pretenders
jan SKULL van de ven
well if you want to adventure into a pvp area thats fine but dont cry if you got killed then.

kira-red

Stalker
Society
shaolin.
kira "red" star-rigger
well if you want to adventure into a pvp area thats fine but dont cry if you got killed then.

well, that wasn't the point. it was about difference between what actually is and what is being marketed.

rwin

Alpha
Society
JSA
'Zar Necroo
I see exactly what you mean, the pvp isn't spoken of at all. It also isn't a big part of the game. The lack of info is pretty amazing. Think if this forum were not here, as well as entropia directory, pe wiki, pe loot, auction ect
I probably would have quit in a week.
face value I think you get a different picture of what you will actually find, especially if you only read the EU page prior to installing.

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
First off, how would any of you describe the entire Entropia Universe in 1-2 sentences? Think about hunting, mining, crafting, owning land, buying/reselling, taming pets, tailoring, mindforce, avatar beatuy, contest organizations, sweating, fapping paramedics,.....

Whew, that's a lot. I think I missed some too.

From http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5357.html (just 1 click over)
Investing in Yourself
Once you enter the Entropia Universe there are countless opportunities available to invest in your avatar.

Due to the numerous skills available, participants specialize in specific skill areas and then use those skills to make a living on Calypso.

While the phrase you highlighted is nice, I think this one covers it even better.

However, the phrase "develop the untamed planet" sure brings to mind an image of hunting and fighting to me.

Enum

I am not Nebu!
Society
Jurai Blood
Functor Enum Polymorphic
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5035.html

1. Goal is to "develop the untamed planet of Calypso"
2. Its not a war or PK game - its "Adventure"
3. You dont need PK gear like modfap, shadow, modmerc, terminator .. this is misleading and its probably from another game. Instead of that you have developed amazing mind powers to use when dealing with fierce and dangerous creatures ( that mean not PVP but PVE ) and the wilderness on Calypso.

Have fun using amazing mind powers.

is shadow pk gear now?

rwin

Alpha
Society
JSA
'Zar Necroo
I agree John, but they have a whole web site. It seems a little too vague in many areas. The user created assistance far exceeds that of the developer.
I think that would have to be my only real complaint about EU. I would rely like to see some more dynamic involvement. Plot line ect. How exactly do we develop an untamed planet? We really cant do anything which effects the playing field so to speak. It is also most likely impossible to do. The economy is an area which can be manipulated, and it is to a degree. The economy is the star here not the actual game play. Fortunately, the friendships add to the adventure. Hunting together ect but even that has a shelf life.
Funny thing is the Rig pvp area is one of the few spots in which a dynamic player generated game event can occur- i.e. one soc takes control, others follow to oust them.
What you read and what you get are different. I enjoy playing but would like to see more from MA in the area of conquest of the planet. Developing the untamed planet, as they say.