PvP insurance.

Green Rowan

Alpha
This deserves its own thread: Because mining and hunting in PvP zones is risky, offer, or create a framework where players can buy and sell PvP insurance.

This insurance could be sold by FPC or by a player created Insurance Company.The insurance guarantees total or partial compensation for the cargo in Ped’s or in goods in case of an attack.

That would level the playing field a bit and would allow people with middle of the road equipment to mine or hunt in PvP zones…

I can already imagine it… after shooting a naked miner with a badass gun, the PKer gets an empty loot box and the message : " sorry, the player you shot was insured".... :laugh:

Green

Last edited:
This deserves its own thread: Because mining and hunting in PvP zones is risky, offer, or create a framework where players can buy and sell PvP insurance. The insurance guarantees total or partial compensation for the cargo in Ped’s or in goods in case of an attack.

That would level the playing field a bit and would allow people with middle of the road equipment to mine or hunt in PvP zones…

I can already imagine it… after shooting a naked miner with a badass gun, the PKer gets an empty loot box and the message : " sorry, the player you shot was insured".... :laugh:

Green

How do I pay for this and who too :D

Never gonna happen.

You mine in Lootable PvP you agree to the terms that you can and most probably will be looted by a fellow colonist who kills other colonists for profit.

In the original game idea they had insurance as one of the concept ideas. However, it was never implemented or developed.

Any kind of conceivable insurance in EU could easily be defrauded

Insurance in PvP wouldn’t prevent someone from getting looted, it would simply compensate them for their losses. If that environment is created there is nothing to stop a person from taking a large sum of stackable material to PvP and having their friend loot them just so they can split the profits after the insurance "company" pays out.

Insurance against item scams has been proposed by many however with this there is nothing to stop someone working with a friend just to scam the insurance provider.

Any kind of conceivable insurance in EU could easily be defrauded

Insurance in PvP wouldn’t prevent someone from getting looted, it would simply compensate them for their losses. If that environment is created there is nothing to stop a person from taking a large sum of stackable material to PvP and having their friend loot them just so they can split the profits after the insurance "company" pays out.

Insurance against item scams has been proposed by many however with this there is nothing to stop someone working with a friend just to scam the insurance provider.

That could be easily resolved by insuring ONLY what someone gets as loot in the PvP zone. MA knows exactly what we carry and when.

That could be easily resolved by insuring ONLY what someone gets as loot in the PvP zone. MA knows exactly what we carry and when.

Ok, so I get a HoF in lootable PvP and then call my buddy on the phone or message him in Skype. I tell him my coordinates and to bring a gun so he can kill me. Then once he loots me, I file an insurance claim with MindArk or whatever insurance company and once I get my PED back both my friend and I split the profit.

Item insurance is a good idea however no matter how it’s implemented it can be defrauded. If it’s possible to scam the system then someone will scam the system

Ok, so I get a HoF in lootable PvP and then call my buddy on the phone or message him in Skype. I tell him my coordinates and to bring a gun so he can kill me. Then once he loots me, I file an insurance claim with MindArk or whatever insurance company and once I get my PED back both my friend and I split the profit.

Item insurance is a good idea however no matter how it’s implemented it can be defrauded. If it’s possible to scam the system then someone will scam the system

True, next to any locked gate, there is a little hole in the fence… but that’s something any insurance company knows and takes into account when they price the policies.

True, next to any locked gate, there is a little hole in the fence… but that’s something any insurance company knows and takes into account when they price the policies.

And if the risk of defrauding that insurance is too high, they wont do it.

It will take a whole 5 minutes for half of the scammers in EU to figure out the loophole and another 5 minutes for the other half to do it.

If the insurance company accounted for all of the inevitable scamming the price of the insurance itself would be so astronomically high it would prevent the insurance policy from being a cost effective solution for players who hunt and mine in lootable PvP.

The amount of people who hunt and mine in lootable PvP is ridiculously low and most of them know how to avoid being killed. This means that almost none of them would buy the insurance, especially if the price is high.

The scammers who would try to take advantage of the insurance system would out number actual players 10 to 1 at least.

Sorry m8, I don’t mean to shit on your idea here...

try to find good pkers to cover you ,
or pay a newbie to stay near u , to give ya time to escape.

that is kinda insurance :)

Player based insurance policy

I can see a soc offering insurance. It would require the 2-3 soc members to accompany the insured on the run inside pvp, and if pk'd by a hunter, the insurers have the chance of pk'g and looting the hunter to reclaim the loot. If they fail and the hunter escapes they make good on the lost loot.

I guess this system would require constant chat updates on loot acquired inside the zone to be able to identify what was lost in the event the hunter escapes.

I can see a soc offering insurance. It would require the 2-3 soc members to accompany the insured on the run inside pvp, and if pk'd by a hunter, the insurers have the chance of pk'g and looting the hunter to reclaim the loot. If they fail and the hunter escapes they make good on the lost loot.

I guess this system would require constant chat updates on loot acquired inside the zone to be able to identify what was lost in the event the hunter escapes.

The system could monitor what the insured person looted.. it isn't rocket science to set up somehing like that.

but there could also be a contract thing. You buy a pollicy from a terminal from those who offer insurance. MA monitors the loot the insured gains, for the time the insurance pollicy is valid. should the insured be PK'd while the pollicy is valid, the insurer (private player, soc or MA) pays out.

Nobody has to be there to protect you, unless the insurer soc wants to minimize the risk of having to pay out.

thats just about as bad idea as the OP tho, ive had this idea, then i started thinking, whats to stop the person youre protecting to call 10 of he's friends to come kill the protection crew (and thus himself), he gets comped by the protectors, and he also splits some with the "friends".

Sorry mate, pvp protection just isnt meant to be.

Insurance already exists.

Insurance already exists. It's called armor, faps, and TP chips! :) ;)

The BEST PvP insurance is to stay out of the PvP zones! There you have it. I'll take your premium payments now! :)

Some things are best done by players and not by MA, and I think this is one of them. If you are having that sort of problem get your soc mates to be youe "insurance". I'm sure you can work out a way of paying them plus they can have a bit of fun into the bargain. If the society is not strong enough to help then you should ask yourself if you should be in the PvP zone at all.

Back