PVP space zone

Do you want to have limited PVP space zone?

• Yes create limited PVP space zones

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • No, the system is perfect like it s

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • No, but the system is not perfect i suggest some different (explain)

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don t care

Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
Suggestion:
Simple , create limited PVP space zones like the ones present in each planet. If you enjoy PVP you can enter in those zone and happy fight with other people that have your same feeling.

Becuase
Have a whole PVP space is like to have a whole PVP planet................ a place for few ones.
I don t see anywhere this NEED to make space an open PVP, i don t see this NEED to be or a pirate or a victim.
The PVP zone system works very well on the planets, why it cannot apply to space too????

I agree in a way. I do not take part in pvp myself, and I do not like that space is pvp. That being said, I do see why they did it.

It is clear that they do not want it easy to transport goods from place to place. The solution to make everyone happy in my opinion is quite easy. Leave space pvp, but form a long curvy non-pvp highway. If you want to go non-pvp you can, but it will take you a long time and require you to pay attention. This leaves the possibility of flying a quick trip solo, but you have to go through pvp.

It also leaves the MS owners with an advantage.

win/win

Maybe they don't want it to be easy to transport goods from planet to planet at all.

Different planets belong to other companies and i don't know if they want everyone to go trade in calypso since most players are there.

I mean lootable space makes it more useful to sell things in the planets they were looted on instead of always taking everything to sell on existing bigger planets.

Maybe an option for people not wanting to transport loot but rather just travel to another planet would be for the dev's to create a teleporter that can teleport a person from planet to planet for say 10 peds. This teleporter would not be capable of teleporting you if you had lootable things on you. So if you wanted to transport loot you would still have to fly.

Maybe an option for people not wanting to transport loot but rather just travel to another planet would be for the dev's to create a teleporter that can teleport a person from planet to planet for say 10 peds. This teleporter would not be capable of teleporting you if you had lootable things on you. So if you wanted to transport loot you would still have to fly.

If so, I'd rather see the teleporter allowing no items whatsoever, except PED... else there would still be unlimited trading with no risk between planets, which is what I believe lootable space is there to prevent (or at least make harder).

If so, I'd rather see the teleporter allowing no items whatsoever, except PED... else there would still be unlimited trading with no risk between planets, which is what I believe lootable space is there to prevent (or at least make harder).

That's true...so if they did implement this teleporter that could only teleport the person and their peds my next suggestion would be to make all items lootable in space:laugh:

Oh yeah I voted no but still needs work because I think the SZ's are too big as it is;)

Last edited:
well , if the space is all PVP just to don t allow people to easily trade why they made warp????? available just for few ones. I found this quite unfair.

well , if the space is all PVP just to don t allow people to easily trade why they made warp????? available just for few ones. I found this quite unfair.

They made warp so MS's would have a role in the game, I think:scratch2:

Should we start counting stuff in this game that people find "unfair"?

MS costed a shitload and they barely works for anything as it is.... Bugs, stucks, all that shit...

They paid a price and got ahead of the rest of the players. That's pretty much how Entropia works :)

The more you pay (and use the cash right) the better you get.

I think they should create PvP space zones with some pvp-mission.
There needs to be a carrot for those who are in to pvp, to enter these zones, imo.
Just as an example, lets say you get missiontokens for every pk, which is
payed out when either leave area or getting killed.
For every top entry at space-pk ATHlist, you also get a extra bonus.
One bonus could be a option to be shown instead of professional standing above
avatar, that shows the player is the Top Dog of space pvp. ;)

I think they should create PvP space zones with some pvp-mission.
There needs to be a carrot for those who are in to pvp, to enter these zones, imo.
Just as an example, lets say you get missiontokens for every pk, which is
payed out when either leave area or getting killed.
For every top entry at space-pk ATHlist, you also get a extra bonus.
One bonus could be a option to be shown instead of professional standing above
avatar, that shows the player is the Top Dog of space pvp. ;)

Way too easy to exploit I guess

Just make a bunch of friends and kill em over and over, or even a alt avatar and farm it.... Same with friends, just gather a bunch of friends and ask them to help by getting killed ^^

I voted no, but ...

There should be an option that alows absolute save travel for a fee that should be higher than a MSs cost to fly with warp.
It should be a warpgate, you could enter in non-lootable PvP space (directly at spacestation) with destination of another warpgate at another spacestation with non-lootable PvP, too.
If this gets implemented there is still the risk flying from spacestation to planet or use the expencive 10 PED planet TP.

Why?

MS service not always available
MS is relative save and fast, but still it could be looted by well organised pirates (just a matter of organization)
For serious interplanetary traders that want to trade really big stacks (100k PED+) even the smallest risk of getting looted is a not acceptable risk!

There is still the option to use MS service at lower cost than the gates, with relative small risk.
There is still the option to take the risk using a cheap quad at even lower cost for increased profit, at higher risk.

I am not for easy, save and cheap interplanetary trade with Quads and VTOLs.
The save transport should be more expencive than any other option, to make it fair.

Beside that I would limit the weight of transportable goods to shipclass, where all items+stackables of all crew+passangers have to be counted together.
Excample:
MS should carry 100 tons
Privateer should carry 50 tons
Quad should carry 10 tons
VTOL should carry 5 tons

Maybe some more shipclasses in the future:
MS Frighters (huge freight, low passengers)
MS Cruisers (heavy arms, low fright, low passangers)

Way too easy to exploit I guess

Just make a bunch of friends and kill em over and over, or even a alt avatar and farm it.... Same with friends, just gather a bunch of friends and ask them to help by getting killed ^^

And the cost kill someone is for free?
A missiontoken will have a value of 0,001. ;)

Do you get skills of scanning same mob over and over again?
There are ways to prevent farming already ingame.

Same as PvP on a planet today actually, it's not that much of braveness
as it is today, it's more about money.
I've asked for a better pvp-system for years, but I guess MA don't think it is
worth the coding for this.

Should we start counting stuff in this game that people find "unfair"?
MS costed a shitload and they barely works for anything as it is.... Bugs, stucks, all that shit...
They paid a price and got ahead of the rest of the players. That's pretty much how Entropia works :)
The more you pay (and use the cash right) the better you get.

I have nothing against getting more if you spend more. Getting a better armor if you can pay for it, getting a better weapon if you can pay for it etcetc and both are important if you decide to go in a PVP4. But the PVP4 is just some that you can decide to go or to avoid and represent few % area of a planet and the 0.0x % of the whole universe. At the contrary if someone dont want to risk a PVP in space actually he is loosing a large % amount of EU. If we have 4 planets and each one is the 25 % of EU (without calculating space asteroids and cp) you are closing him the 75% of the whole universe. And this for what? to allow VERY few ones to enjoy a large vessel and continue to stay stack with this idea of pirates? what the sense???? a yes , to don t allow so many to trade or people go around to the universe......well i cant remember a protectionism form/law that worked over time. Maybe the protectionism idea per se is not a good idea.

I have nothing against getting more if you spend more. Getting a better armor if you can pay for it, getting a better weapon if you can pay for it etcetc and both are important if you decide to go in a PVP4. But the PVP4 is just some that you can decide to go or to avoid and represent few % area of a planet and the 0.0x % of the whole universe. At the contrary if someone dont want to risk a PVP in space actually he is loosing a large % amount of EU. If we have 4 planets and each one is the 25 % of EU (without calculating space asteroids and cp) you are closing him the 75% of the whole universe. And this for what? to allow VERY few ones to enjoy a large vessel and continue to stay stack with this idea of pirates? what the sense???? a yes , to don t allow so many to trade or people go around to the universe......well i cant remember a protectionism form/law that worked over time. Maybe the protectionism idea per se is not a good idea.

Why you lose that areas?
You still can travel from planet to planet to explore the other planets?
Do you really need to carry stackables with you, that could be looted, to do that ?
Have been at Ark and RT lately (after buying my own Quad).
The flight is cheap but takes around 30min (no warp at quad).
I got attacked one time so far, and my quad was shot down one time (nothing looted).
If I count all my flights + repaircost for that one PK together, I did my trips still cheaper than using a MS service every time.
And there is not a pirate at every edge.
Some flights I did completely AFK, couldn´t care less if some PKer wasted his ammo onto me just to get nothing!

Only thing where pirates are a real threat is at the space hunting areas, where you get loot (that could be looted by pirates).
The space hunting areas are relative small, and only a very small % of total space.
Easy to fly around, no need to enter it at all.

Its not that much different than PvP4
Go there to hunt space mobs is taking the same risk than hunting Mulmun or something in PvP4
Go there to travel, well you could also get shot down at some TPs at Amethera, and nearly all amethera area outside the LAs is PvP, where you or/and your vehicle could get shot down by PKer (not looted).
Where is the difference to enter PvP at Amethera (where you can´t be looted) and entering space (just to travel) where you can´t get looted as long you don´t carry stackables, what you don´t need to do just to traveling?

Only people that are really affected by pirates, are space hunters, and interplanetary traders (with stackables).
Beside that there is already interplanetary trade with non-stackables that can´t be looted, by pirates.
And there is interplanetary trade with stackables from traders that use MS service and protection.

*sigh, another one of these topics where it is obvious what the poll results will be.
due to the diversement between pirates and players.

sure create more safe zones, soon ms will be useless and everyone will fly in quads and sleips to their location.

space needs to stay the way it is, only less bugs. a more equal pirate/pilot odds of succes rate.
and just wait for every space inhibitor to come up with their jobs and make an exiting ride out of it.

just stop making these useless topics.

Do you really need to carry stackables with you, that could be looted, to do that ?

yes. why i should not?
why if i invested money and time to collect my stackable resources i cannot bring them with me anywhere in the universe ? why i should be not bring them in another planet? why not?
do you see more money moving inside and around EU with or without this pvp option????

OMG...all i see with all these thread by now is just...

Over and over and ovr again...just

Except u are how old ?

There are many ways to make it harder to transport.....and MA can get more decay revenue...

the easiest way to do it increase the distnace...... and put mobs with relatively higher aggro scattered all over..

players who want to save time and not hunt mobs on their way can get MS for faster hassle free transport

yes. why i should not?
why if i invested money and time to collect my stackable resources i cannot bring them with me anywhere in the universe ? why i should be not bring them in another planet? why not?
do you see more money moving inside and around EU with or without this pvp option????

You can bring them with you, lots of people do, just understand you risk loosing them while in the pvp zone. The struggles with moving stackables around the EU is one that can be addressed from within the EU community itself. This makes the game more interesting and dynamic, I think that's what MA and the planet partners want right? What you are asking MA to do is make the game less dynamic and less interesting so its easier for you to play.

You can bring them with you, lots of people do, just understand you risk loosing them while in the pvp zone. The struggles with moving stackables around the EU is one that can be addressed from within the EU community itself. This makes the game more interesting and dynamic, I think that's what MA and the planet partners want right? What you are asking MA to do is make the game less dynamic and less interesting so its easier for you to play.

well make the whole planets pvp, so it will be even more interesting and dynamic :eyecrazy:

PvP Space will cover all space until the planet partners are self sufficient and have established playerbases and economies.

The Cyrene team have mentioned that their business plan includes a zero playerbase scenario for the start up of planet Cyrene with no intention of leaching players from Calypso/MA. We just have to accept it for now. There are limited options such as Motherships etc to get around, even risk a QUAD flight. See what space looks like in 12 months. Clearly space in its current state is not in any way competitive with other MMOs and I suspect it is supposed to be yet.

well make the whole planets pvp, so it will be even more interesting and dynamic :eyecrazy:

There is such a thing as balance and in this game I would say the majority of activities takes place in non-pvp areas so the parts that are lootable give interest to a player base that might not otherwise enjoy EU. There's something for everyone here.

Last edited:
Yes, at the least there needs to be non pvp hunting grounds around planets

Yes, at the least there needs to be non pvp hunting grounds around planets

I agree with that as long as to get to and from the hunting ground you have to pass through pvp at some point.

PvP Space will cover all space until the planet partners are self sufficient and have established playerbases and economies.

This is a totally wrong strategy. The strategy should have been to allow the planets grow their player base, and make them successful ....
Calypso could charge high premium on the decay generated by original caly players. A vivrant economy by whatever means would have allowed higher retention by the new planets... and would have helped the player base grow in all planets... It'd have been a boon to MA.
After achieving certain economic strength .... if needed MA could impose some restriction.......

With current strategy it's bad for PP, bad for MA... and players are frustrated... everybody is a loser!

*sigh,
just stop making these useless topics.

No, sigh no frustration... just demand a full pvp planet and pvp space zone arround RT..

ND should not have any problem with that coz he wanted to be the king of pirates...
All the people who are thrilled by pvp and pirating can have their unlimited fun and not endure the whining and belittling (in case if you feel so) by the others!

Back