Q&A Answers (May 07)

Post 17
There are certain items that have disappeared completely from the game, or are stuck on old avatars not active anymore. I think it’s a shame that those items will be lost in history (and in some cases, all we have is pictures to know they existed). Not only talking about equipment, but rare clothing-pieces. We all know clothing doesn’t drop anymore so getting it back seems rather hopeless unless you plan to do something about it.
Do MindArk in any way plan for these items to have their "return" on Calypso?
Submitted by Skam

We have no plans to return these items.

WHAT? I am dreaming or didn´t MA stated that after an account get deleted, all items will be SOLD for TT. SOLD not changed....

i thought they will sell them with TT as SB on auction.. wasn´t there some info like that some time ago?

EDIT: oki... just saw that: The inactive accounts are eventually purged and the items go back to Entropia open market. All this is taken account for in the balancing.

Last edited:
WHAT? I am dreaming or didn´t MA stated that after an account get deleted, all items will be SOLD for TT. SOLD not changed....

i thought they will sell them with TT as SB on auction.. wasn´t there some info like that some time ago?

EDIT: oki... just saw that: The inactive accounts are eventually purged and the items go back to Entropia open market. All this is taken account for in the balancing.

Anything with a value is really just a value, no matter if it's an Imp Mk2 or a Master Coat.

The "items" are deleted, and the "value" is put on the PED card. Nothing else. ;)

Maybe they had to omit pertinent answers on these questions so they did not give the MA "secret sauce" loot formula away but I for one would like to know what is what and hopefully I am not alone here.

You're not alone, but I guess we will get nothing better than the above contradictory, misleading, incomplete, etc answers. This is part of the game too (smiley unreleased, as I was unsure which one to put after this sentence).

BB

Nice and very educative Q&A list. Now I know I can bitch on MA all day and I fill get the same loot :vampire:

Nice things will be added I see. SO cool. Lets hope they stick to this :yay:

Actually, I am quite pleased with this information. Of course I didn't expect them to just give us a tour of the place and tell us exactly what mathematical equations and programming methodologies they use, however, they do seem to be "letting their hair down".

Melee amps, dual weapon wielding, farming, etc. Lots of very cool things to look forward to. :yay:

However, it is true that many of the items they plan to introduce could be years away. :tapfinger

I'll wait. I'm having fun in the mean time. :)

Post 45
Will there be unlimited (!) melee amps, or improvement of melee generally?
Submitted by Alice

Yes to both.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Very nice !!! cant wait these amp are here

Ty Marco for this Q&A

Hmm, thanks ... I guess.

Some people have nice dodge skill :rolleyes:

Good "comunication with USERS" post !

Thanks for the clarification here Marco.

Will Ancient weapons still be a looted item(just more rare than normal versions) or will they be considered just as obsolete as the clothing?

Thanks again,

Chris

I am sure that the ancient items are absolete, as they was originally replaced by a nerfed version.

i am very disappointed that there has not been answered a single question about the new loot system.

Questions like
- why it was introduced (was the old system bad? not at all)
- why they think it's fair that many lose 80% while some win 8000%
etc
dont really require answers from the 'cant comment' category :rolleyes:

Most of the answers given hardly give any new insight :(

I subscribe to the above. Balanced item resulting in "fun" bla bla bla...tell me, is it fun to loose 99% of the time (no matter what tool/weapon you use) and see "rare" events such gigantic loot on crap mobs so on and so forth?
Balancing means IMHO, that after a period of losses you can relax and smile looking at a really good loot, not forseeing a future with more losses...
1 good run outa 50 bad runs makes it no fun. I undestand that we`re aiming into a more IRL like universe but please, noblody has THAT much bad luck...oh, sorry, there is no such thing as a luck factor...geez...
I`m dazzled to see the road before me opening to a "?"...in an universe where you either hit it big or die there`s no fun, it`s just a "gold rush" all are pursuing, and what`s worse is WHY we`re all doin it...because if u don`t aim for gold u know for sure tommorow u`re gone...

Later edit:
Don`t give me the "Dynamic" crap...i have behind me some GOOD months of going down the slope...

I am sure that the ancient items are absolete, as they was originally replaced by a nerfed version.

I would think so too but you never know for sure until you ask :)

Finally :), great answers on most of the q´s u choose to answer.

I do so hope u can post another page with A to all the Q that didnt involve balancing ;)

Keep up with this comunitcating thingy, we want more :D

Did't dub as something about why armors like sentinel and paradox arent dropping??? i cant seam to find anything about that

Post 271
Will we one day have the ability to take one melee weapon in each hand?
Submitted by ufcfl

Yes.

Cool, I hope we will be able to dual wield guns as well. :cool:

Post 45
Will there be unlimited (!) melee amps, or improvement of melee generally?
Submitted by Alice
Yes to both.

Post 271
Submitted by ufcfl
Yes.

Post 272
Does MA has an "inferior loot list" for avatars that have been annoying?
Submitted by Micheva
No.
45 and 271 gave me actually some hope back

and lol at 272 :laugh:

Tell me, Marco, does MA's "loot cycle" happen in a yearly cycle, or do you guys just gradually turn down the "items in drop" knob a few % every month?:rolleyes: :mad:

I've raised this point before, as have others - item drops are BS now. Sure, we're getting 'some' decent loot now - and thanks to your guys' response on what happens to purged accounts, I know why those items are showing back up! (so don't expect it to be a new trend!)
I want to know why I can go up to CP, and do 4 hunts (a hunt at CP is 3k~4k ped for me) in a month, and the single best item drop I can possibly hope to get is an ESI... hell, 6 months ago (read: BEFORE the 'stupid oil' VU) Aurlis WERE dropping better than TT items... Bd implants, fap-90's, even a few desert stalkers...! Tell me, how many have dropped since then?? Bd implants USED to sell for tt+30~60, now add a zero and you're gettin' close!!

Meanwhile, I can go and hunt molisks, bercyleds, exas - all the LOW end crap, and get just that - lots of crap! Shogun is virtually TT, any mindforce chip below lvl 4 is virtually TT... you've turned the "oh lookie, item drops!" into "damn more items to TT" (which, according to how I interpreted the BM's post, simply flood the loot pool with more of the damned things to BE looted!).

A small suggestion, from a business perspective - INCREASE the drop rate of the higher end armors & guns a little bit... yes, Angel - Shadow - Supremacy/ravager - DOA's - some of the other BLP rifles, etc... you have enough people coming into this game with no skills, but lots of money. They'll be dumb enough to buy those armors/guns, and you will get 10x~50x the decay from those guys than you would regularly!... but at least some of the REST of us would have the chance to get these items now, without having to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house :mad:.

I would think so too but you never know for sure until you ask :)

So true! :)
I use to say; better to ask too much, than too little.

I don't know why this took so long to compile but thanks to MA for the answers, though I wish I asked a better question :p

Well I think some people are being a bit cynical... I quite like this particular Q&A. You just have to expect short undetailed answers, for obvious reasons...

Love the part about the 1000x Shadow drops! :laugh: I can just Imagine It now, loads of people on radar hunting Shadow-dropping mobs. "Hey I looted Shadow!!!" ... "OMG, I did too!" ... <add another 10 people's suprised comments here> Hehehe.

This one made me laugh

Post 218
Now that players will be able to upload content of their own in form of pictures, ads or videos, wouldn't it be cool to be able to upload your own musical compositions?
Submitted by Glyphan

Yes.

Guess you'll learn to be a bit more direct In your question next time eh? :)

The most Interesting for me was the one where It mentions that TTd Items go back Into loots. Although not specifically said, the comment Implies this I think. Although, If this does happen, that means that more & more PED Is getting added all the time to the game, without deposit. Not sure how this affects the economy. Maybe the vague comment Is because there Is slight rules to prevent a PED In circulation Increase.

Anyway, thanks you 2 ;) Look forward to the next Q & A!

Marco|MindArk said:
Also, rather than respond "I cannot comment on the inner workings of the dynamics of Entropia Universe", any other questions that required such a reply were also omitted in the responses.

... Why? :scratch2:

My question wasn't answered (again?) and I would be very interested in knowing the reason for it; if I was off topic or if I was just being too nosey about not-my-buiseness. :rolleyes:

I'd be run with a list, example:

Off topic posts: 13, 15, 43 and 65.
We don't feel like telling you: 12, 42 and 51.

Btw, if anyone feel like reading my question:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=634781&postcount=12

Think I'll add a "thanks" here.
MA might have answered more Q's; yes.
They will have been selective in choosing the Q's to answer; yes.
But they did give nice answers. Some a bit vagues (no time-stamp) but hey... we're all addicted, so who cares... introducing a new feature next month or next year, most will still be here ;)

I just had a thought. The short and to the point answers makes me think the balancing manager is former military.

Post 272
Does MA has an "inferior loot list" for avatars that have been annoying?
Submitted by Micheva

No.

HAHAHAHA so does this mean I'm off it now? J/k :ahh: I am still plenty annoying.
May the HOF be with me! :wtg:
Gratz btw on MA, and EU's ATH with the banking licenses! Good luck to the new owners as well!:cool:

Thanks for answering these question, too bad that some "interesting" question hasn't been answered though !

A farm ?! A Farmer ?! does MA changed theirs plan ?!

I'm sure that food could be a good features, Beer = make you lose 20% of your hit ability and run 17.5% slower, Pasta = Make You run 15% faster, chocolate = Better critical hit ability 10%, running slower 15% and damn i need to poo :laugh:

Post 14
Why do you not "raise the bar" with SIB tools and weapons that require skills higher than the current "maxed" skills (~10k average) to give ubers something to aim for instead of destroying the chances of anyone new becoming uber (without an uber bank account)?
Submitted by Doer

We are doing that.

Clearly he missed a word. Well, no big surprise there.

Funny use of the present progressive to refer to future events, too. :p

Post 17
There are certain items that have disappeared completely from the game, or are stuck on old avatars not active anymore. I think it’s a shame that those items will be lost in history (and in some cases, all we have is pictures to know they existed). Not only talking about equipment, but rare clothing-pieces. We all know clothing doesn’t drop anymore so getting it back seems rather hopeless unless you plan to do something about it.
Do MindArk in any way plan for these items to have their "return" on Calypso?
Submitted by Skam

We have no plans to return these items.

Post 121
Rare Items/Ores and especially Blueprints in inactive accounts are a huge balancing problem, because they can be reactivated.
Limited Items avoid this problem.
But what will you do to balance the existing rare Blueprints (etc) in inactive accounts?
Submitted by schnups

The inactive accounts are eventually purged and the items go back to Entropia open market. All this is taken account for in the balancing.
I find those two responses a bit contradictory. Marco clarified it though.

Post 99
Why do some mobs loot a large variety of items while other mobs loot only 1 or 2 items?
Submitted by Chilly

All creatures have different benefits and drawbacks.

Very interesting... i had arrived at the same conclusion.

Post 112
Today my hit ability is for example 3.9/10, 6.1/10 on EP-10 and the same up to EP-50, shouldn't the hit ability be higher on low guns and get lower on high guns depending on your skills?
Submitted by Rapido

You have to use skill interval dependent tools to get what you ask for.

I've been saying that for some time, too.

Post 126
Are we all dealing with the same virtual world, insofar as odds/rules/chances?
Submitted by Amanita

Of course.

At least, we'll never be able to prove otherwise.

Post 212
Whilst this isn't strictly speaking a balancing issue, it does have a relevant impact for crafters. The lack of knowledge of what these attachments (scopes and lasers) actually do quite possibly subdues the market for them thus having a direct impact on the cost of crafting such attachments for crafters. Can MindArk provide a little more clarity as to the function of laser sights and scopes?
submitted by Jimmy B

More information has been delivered to all items, we are just not ready with all items yet.

:scratch: Hmmm. Does that mean skill mod attachments do nothing (yet) or that the information about them is not complete (yet)?

Post 221
Will there be more shops available at places like Genesis, Omegaton, Sakura?
Submitted by Violet

Yes.

Oh wonderful. New Oxford was such a stunning success.

Post 271
Submitted by ufcfl

Yes.

Woot. You should have qualified that by saying "in my lifetime" rather than "one day".

Post 281
Will an item appear on market by re-looting it after it was TTed (used up)? Is the rule applicable to any kind of items?
Submitted by Auktuma

I’m not going to give details, but it works something like that.

Cool

Last edited:
Reactions: bcz
Thanks for answering these question, too bad that some "interesting" question hasn't been answered though !

A farm ?! A Farmer ?! does MA changed theirs plan ?!

I'm sure that food could be a good features, Beer = make you lose 20% of your hit ability and run 17.5% slower, Pasta = Make You run 15% faster, chocolate = Better critical hit ability 10%, running slower 15% and damn i need to poo :laugh:

Chocolate = Serindipity + Sexy time!

hehe, see answer to my question (last one on list it is). Some kinds of items could be returned to life i bet after items will be tted while closing avy

Very interesting, got some answers for questions I've been wondering about ever since I first entered EU. However, some answers raised even more questions.

So, if an old inactive account is drained and items return to loot pool, do they return in loot as the same items or as crappy L items? I guess I'll have to wait until the next Q/A. :rolleyes:

Thank you very much, Marco and the rest of MA's staff for clearing out some of the many question marks!

allright, some good responses, but... I know, not everyone likes buts =)

my Q was simple - "when did the last mod fap drop? exact date is not needed, quarter of a year would be precise enough." now, I might still be slow as I had no coffee yet, but how come there's no answer to this one?!? :scratch2: oh, I get it - there was no drop for last 3 years, so no point in frustrating players :laugh:

so, any official cares to comment?

J.

Back