Question: Q1: What are Mindarks actions (short/longterm) to keep their promises for space ?

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
This is the list of promises made by Mindark over the last 8 years regarding space:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?282864-Space-State-of-the-Universe-an-overview-and-outlook-of-past-and-future

Most of which has still not been acted uppon, but many promises were renewed again and again over many years.
Yet recently it seems that the annual 'state of the universe - message' has been stopped by mindark and no mentioning of space (development) whatsoever has been made in close to 2 years.

Considering the universal impact of a functioning layer of space between planets, that encourages local economies and separates planet partners from becomming 'outposts' of the 'calypso economy' and further considering that the missing out on space development leaves a whole segment of potential gamers looking for other games as a large number of players gets rewarded for 'not playing the game' (to transport goods safely between planets while logged out) this lead me to my question:

What are Mindarks actions (short/longterm) to keep their promises for space ?
(Such actions may include but are not limited to: assigning a budget to space development, appointing a product owner for space, issuing space deeds to allow players funding the development of the game area they care about, reassigning revenue streams from space to directly support space development, appoint community representatives for space, setup fast communication channels, set constructive shortterm milestones and follow up on them, hold people responsible,etc)

Sorry for the late reply regarding this particular space question, as you might have seen there have been several questions regarding space. Without going into details, our vision for space is one in which there is a healthy and vibrant interplanetary economy between the various planets and space entities. We also envision space-specific content, but we are not prepared to share specific plans at the moment.

I would also refer to our earlier response regarding space development:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?308683-When-will-Space-be-fixed

Sorry for the late reply regarding this particular space question, as you might have seen there have been several questions regarding space. Without going into details, our vision for space is one in which there is a healthy and vibrant interplanetary economy between the various planets and space entities. We also envision space-specific content, but we are not prepared to share specific plans at the moment.

I would also refer to our earlier response regarding space development:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?308683-When-will-Space-be-fixed

Thank you for your reply Henrik, but you may have noticed yourself that your answer sidesteps my actual question which wasnt regarding your vision or development plans for space but regarding your organisational/structural/financial steps to accomplish said vision uppon which many ingame sales have taken place and many more development promises were made.
I was fully aware that i wouldnt get an AMA answer regarding development considering mindarks policy on the matter, but it should be very possible to show the community if ressoures/staff has been assigned towards space - eg. a product owner for space, a budget for space, developers for space, revenuestreams identified and allocated towards continuous space development, etc.

Looking forward to a more ellaborate discussion on the actual matter, that goes beyond just dumping anything that mentions space in the by now rather dusty 'space box'.

Still hoping for an answer, considering that Mindarks seems to have plenty of other ambitious plans already (eg mission system overhaul) that may leed to topics such as space getting sidelined again if noone is 'responsible'.

Still hoping for an answer, considering that Mindarks seems to have plenty of other ambitious plans already (eg mission system overhaul) that may leed to topics such as space getting sidelined again if noone is 'responsible'.

Who knows, with the new mission system maybe we get space missions one day? ;)

What are Mindarks actions (short/longterm) to keep their promises for space ?
(Such actions may include but are not limited to: assigning a budget to space development, appointing a product owner for space, issuing space deeds to allow players funding the development of the game area they care about, reassigning revenue streams from space to directly support space development, appoint community representatives for space, setup fast communication channels, set constructive shortterm milestones and follow up on them, hold people responsible,etc)
Still hoping for an answer regarding space.

Its crazy they havent said anything... And like theres soo many unfinished things from the last update too that NEED to be addressed like warp mines in non-lootable space and that big popup screen msg you get when flying down to planets that says its lootable when infact its not!! Cmon MA get it together!!

Back