Question: Q2: Are you planning to allow full avatar sales / bulk skill transfer options

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
One of the most cumbersome and frustrating parts is the extreme and forced lock-up of skills and inability to exit the game in realistic time frames should a player wish to do so. Please comment on the plans to introduce much needefunctionality that allows true liquidity of skills and players

We have considered a system to facilitate bulk transfer of skills in the past, but this is not something that is high on our current priority list.

imho this is important to facilitate the RCE part of the game, and to get rid of the players who are not happy with the game direction but unable to quit as of this

One of the most cumbersome and frustrating parts is the extreme and forced lock-up of skills and inability to exit the game in realistic time frames should a player wish to do so. Please comment on the plans to introduce much needefunctionality that allows true liquidity of skills and players

imho this is important to facilitate the RCE part of the game, and to get rid of the players who are not happy with the game direction but unable to quit as of this

+Rep
I agree not that i plan to leave atm but maybe have to someday and then it will be a pain to do it..

At present time the vast majority of skills ingame are literally worthless to be chipped out, despite their impressive value to the professions which they contribute to.
The only skills worth chipping out right now pertain to defense and looter professions, even some of the best skills for driving Health have tanked.

Personally I don't factor skills into my exit strategy and I foresee the value of skills continuing to trend down as the player base continues to rise in skills while the active player base remains relatively static.

This bolded part really important. People who have tons amount of skills but never able to truly quit because of locked skills, if bulk-skills transfer options got implemented, these people can go and enjoy their lives and someone else can take over those skills and use them to it's fullest, thus spending more money and increasing revenue for MA.

We have considered a system to facilitate bulk transfer of skills in the past, but this is not something that is high on our current priority list.

MindArk, it's not clear if you've only considered avatar-to-avatar skill-bulk-transfers, or also alternatives: skills-to-peds-at-a-terminal, skills-to-UL-gear-at-an-NPC, ...? (if avatar-to-avatar has problems that don't arise in skills-to-peds, ... i'm guessing other disadvantages to each of these options, but not allowing the exchange of the skills has probably even worse consequences)

Please elaborate on this answer, as this really does not answer the question at all. Keeping an unhappy player base is bad for PR, bad for marketing, bad for business and bad for the game, and not great for the bottom line. While for whatever reason this is not high on your list, can you please go more in depth as to what options you are considering to address this issue, as well as timelines for these.

Just put esi in trade terminal already....

(or make them drop a lot more. Perhaps remove tier I component for a while and replace it with these, at least for a year or two)

Last edited:
Just put esi in trade terminal already....

An ESI in the trade terminal which would result in 20% of skills lost during extraction instead of 10% (looted ESI) would be balanced way to go about imo.

This bolded part really important. People who have tons amount of skills but never able to truly quit because of locked skills, if bulk-skills transfer options got implemented, these people can go and enjoy their lives and someone else can take over those skills and use them to it's fullest, thus spending more money and increasing revenue for MA.

as well as eliminating the negative nancys (like me on tuesdays and thursdays)

An ESI in the trade terminal which would result in 20% of skills lost during extraction instead of 10% (looted ESI) would be balanced way to go about imo.

For an ESI to come out of the TT it would need to result in at least 50% of the skills lost to be close to balanced.

For an ESI to come out of the TT it would need to result in at least 50% of the skills lost to be close to balanced.
Subjective. A task for MA's balancing team to "balance" it out. :laugh:

Well, I have a lot skill.

When I want to leave EU for good, I can do that any time, I dont need to sell this skill to do so.

Even if I dont want to give up the value of the skills, there is options.
Log in once a week to check if there is ESIs at auctions or resellers, buy it, chip out something sell it. Log out.
Repeat!
Sooner or later all skills will be sold, and then you can withdraw the money earned from the skills.

It took me over 10 years to build this skills, why everyone expects that it needs to be possible to sell it all in a day or two?

Maybe MA could come up with way to sell back to them if you reach a high amount and played for long time. Of course at discount price. Is this not what happens when you dont log in for long time?

This is one of those issues that have different and conflicting angles.

It seems legitimate, since it's part of the premise of this RCE that skills have monetary value, that upon leaving it should be possible to liquidate one's assets without artificial obstacles. Having to "invest" a substantial sum by having to buy ESIs only to leave is indeed antagonizing.

The questionable, or at best controversial practice of chipping out to optimize one's competitive advantage in events is inevitably made more easy or more difficult along with the above.

If putting skills on the market becomes effortless, their market value will go the way of the dodo, or sweat. People's time has no intrinsic value and production is permanently ongoing. The market will be flooded. Sweat at least is consumable, with skills it would be only worse. Many skills already don't have any value above the ESI's markup.

If skills could simply be tt'ed, it would create a liablility on the company's balance sheet which has not been factored in before (I assume). It may or may not be feasible at all.

The presence of ESIs in the loot and the demand for them pushing up their markup is very welcome to offset losses. Removing them or offering them from TT would create complaints from the fraction that will miss them. (By the way, can they be looted from mining and crafting, too? Never occurred to me to ask this.)

How is MA supposed to resolve this to "benefit the greatest number of players"? I don't think they know the answer themselves yet. If you want to help, you need to be able to consider different angles than your own.

Last edited:
Back