Question: Q2: Will you allow players to help 'develop' space ?

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Considering that we are now in the 8th year of 'new' space and are still waiting on many promised features that will finally enable players and ship owners alike to persue opportunities in space in trade, transport, mining, hunting, events and management - i have often wondered if Mindark is aware of the unique advantages of space being a vast 3D void. It essentially means that any development for new space content does hardly require any graphics design because space looks the same black with some stars in the distant everywhere, there is no trees to be rendered and hardly any objects that could impact mob movement/pathing, no buildings, no items - just vast emptiness. (allowing to focus on content instead of graphics)

With that in mind here comes opportunity to develop missions or allow players to create events (transport,hunt,bounty,survive,search and destroy,etc) and create landgrab style space 'landareas' to fight over and be improved by players.
There is so much 'space' in space, it would be easy to have playermanaged local hunting grounds which in no way would interfere with other areas in space - being able to develop the maturity,density, respawnrate of existing mobs would finally allow space hunters to get as 'busy' as they like with player driven improvements while waiting for mindark driven space updates down the road.

Which brings me to my question:

Will you allow players to help 'develop' space ?

yes i see a consensus forming on this idea...hope it catches

Thank you for your insightful input.

Feedback like this and ideas shared on the forums are always considered while developing new content in Entropia in general.

As for space, please refer to our earlier response:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?308683-When-will-Space-be-fixed

Thanks for your reply and appreciation, but my question was if you will allow players to help develop space ?

I didnt ask if you are developing space in this question or what is slowing you down, as that is things i already know and has been very obvious for many years. Mindarks 'focus' of small available ressources to deal with things they 'perceive' to be usefull for the largest amount of participants regularly leads to many many smaller issues that often wouldnt even take an hour to fix/address get 'shelfed' for year after year. And i fear that this is exactly what will be happening again if you dont start using all 'potential' ressources that you could have - like your players.

Give us some basic tools to add/manage space content in defined areas - this would keep us 'spacers' busy for awhile and earn you alot more money from space while you develop it.
You can create a whole lot more content by using your playerbase to contribute content and multitask on your development projects then if you exclude available ressources and instead 'hope' they will stick around with nothing to do till you get time to adress their issues (which you havent found the time in 8years when it comes to space)

Last edited:
Back