Question: Question about: I've got a bone to pick! -- and -- Puny missions

DistantSun

Old Alpha
Society
The Ancients
Adrian DistantSun Jones
Hi fellow entropians,

As I am nearing the end of the "Iron Challenge: 10000 Puny Creatures" mission and have collected 3656 Calypso Bone Sample I have a couple of questions to ask those in the community that have finished the "I've got a bone to pick!" mission:
  1. Did you collect all your own bones or did you purchase some?
  2. If you finished all the Puny missions how many bone samples do you think you looted?

I am currently at the time of writing this post at the following levels:
  • 45.45.34 Laser Pistoler (Hit)
  • 44.90.12 Laser Pistoleer (Dmg) Working towards unlocking Wounding at level 45
  • 20.96.48 Evader

The good things I have noticed about these missions at my level:
  • Can be done naked
  • Can be done with TT pistol or looted guns without the need to fap
  • You loot lots of weapons, mostly Skildek Lancehead (L) 20+ full TT for sale, PM me here or ingame if interested
  • I have seen about 1/2 HP increase over the past two weeks
  • Due to cheep hunting any losses are minimal

Closing questions for those still reading, after finishing the puny mission should I:
  1. Continue killing puny to finish the "I've got a bone to pick!" mission
  2. Buy any missing bones and kill something else (if you go for this option please make suggestions of mob / mission)

Cheers in advance and thanks for reading
DS

I made the mistake of binning a load without realising the 10k mission was about. I'm (very) slowly building this back up now. Unfortunately, I have less than 1k of them :(. I refuse to buy them.

Unfortunately they added the mission when i was about 2/3 of the way through the puny iron chain. I decided to sell the bones i did loot during the rest of the chain because i could get a great price for them and knew the price would probably decrease rapidly (which it did).

I imagine some day they'll add a bronze mission or some other mission that involves grinding punies and will be able to loot my own quota doing that mission. In any case, i'm in no hurry to cash in for the agility point because i am waiting until my own agility is at least 91 before using any tokens.

I bought most of mine. I had saved nearly 1k I think.
Later I went back and finished the 10k mission. I probably had to kill 8k? I can't remember, but again I ended up with over 1k bones.
My best guess would give 10k kill = 2.5k bones if you do well.

I think I'm about two thirds of the way through the last 10k of the puny mission and only have 1130 Calypso Bone Samples in my inventory.

Once I finish the Mission I'm not likely to want to keep hunting punies for the Bone Samples - I'd rather buy them.

Cheers for the comments so far.

So.....
What are people moving onto next after puny?
Want to keep the cost of playing low for a while lol

So.....

Low level daikibas, then low level Argonauts was my progression.

I hate puny hunts,loot is so extremly bad for me, so buying the bones for the mission, much cheaper than grinding for it.

Android Vixens on RT - can hunt them naked and super cheap

Got me shafted twice, as I completed the puny challenges before they implemented the bones, and I bought all my bones when they were 5 pec a piece :)

Calypso punies aren't the funniest mobs to grind, so you'll save more in the long run by buying the bones and switching to Arkadian caraboks for better skillgain or RT's vixes for better returns - right now, or at least after finishing the puny challenge, if you are a completist :)

1100 left to kill and Laser Pistoleer (Dmg) now at 44.92.02 so should finish and unlock Wounding later today or tomorrow.

Than may try and locate a pilot and cycle some peds on RT

1100 left to kill and Laser Pistoleer (Dmg) now at 44.92.02 so should finish and unlock Wounding later today or tomorrow.

Than may try and locate a pilot and cycle some peds on RT

First of all 3656 Calypso Bones are impressive mate, think I got around 2k when I was done with it! :thumbup:

2nd of all if I was you I would do a roundtrip around the universe just to explore it starting with Monria --> RockTropia --> Toulan --> Next Island --> Arkadia --> Cyrene --> back to Caly or planet of choice...beware of the 2 ped planet landing fee though...hitching a ride with someone can be wise...

Monria for the Cthulu atmosphere caves there etc...up for sales so whom knows what will happen to it?

Rocktropia lots missions (w/o entropedia and ppl like Svarog I wouldn´t have made it at all here, RT missions are a bit of a hazzle to say the least) cool sub worlds like "Hell" which seems to be a popular mining place, also "The Thing-mission-world" which features a whole mission chain were u recieve clothes and even a chopper at the end. Finally but not the least shared loot monster zombie version of Kong on Zomhattan...just gotta see it! ...and don´t forget to get yourself a hoverboard (u can get one through a mission there), & do some cruising through Zomhattan on it! ;)

Toulan...for scenary I guess and to pick up some oriental clothes/armor/weapons if thats your thing ;), I dunno, haven´t been here and don´t hear much about it, used to have a TT fap that was eco as hell, now I don´t know...

Next Island kinda like Toulan I guess with beautiful scenary and all however here I´ve been and there´s a sub world here called "Ancient Greece" which is pretty cool, only melee weapons allowed etc...however desolate it seems...

Arkadia, solid planet, good newbie starting mission chain with lots of free stuff incl. a cool hoverpod vehicle, and if you pay-up 10k sweat bottles you can become a Arkadian citizen and start the IFN-mission chain, which latter will become a daily grind to move up the ranks of the IFN...u´ve also got the underground sub-world known simply as Arkadia Underground, where u can hunt mine and explore oh yea and do vault instances...those vault instances are also available above-ground at place called Aakas...sure I´m missing something...others may fill in... ;)

Cyrene, know to little about it to say anything about it...on my todo list! been here but it has probably changed alot since...

gl mate! :thumbup:

regards!

So.....

Puny missions on other planets?

Monria has one. Not sure about RT, Cyrene and Toulan. Ark have like four of them and NI has some too...

Screen now says:

Puny Creatures Killed: (10000/10000)
Return To Ingrid

Map shows PA at location (61494, 75138)

WTF is she lol

Is she not outside the Equipment Building looking over the old New Arrivals area?

Puny mission all DONE
They moved Ingrid lol

I am in the middle of trading looted weapons/attachments for Calypso Bone Samples at a 1ped:100samples ratio, I think it is the fairest option.

Back