Question for experts in (PC)

sherwood

Prowler
Society
Miner's Mafia
Sherwood Flu Fortuna
Hi,
I asked around ingame without a sure answer to many persons, so I sent a support case to have an answer in this matter some time ago, as you can see...

28 Jul 2007 You wrote:
Hi,
I want upload a big image with these proportions: 3/2, to do it I want divide it into 3 images to upload on 3 Megaview screen (PC). Then I want upload another big image divided into 3 parts on the 3 Megawiev screen (PC). Since the "screen" signs allow the transintion between images... the 3 parts of the 2 big images will be sinchronized if I set the same timeing into the signs?
Thx for the reply in advance.
Sherwood

31 Jul 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
We will forward your question to the responsible area. Thank you for your patience.
Regards,
Entropia Support

Do you have the answer maybe? If yes would be great

Hi Flu,
normaly, all PC in a room start at once IF you have allready the files. If you use displays for video, the file seize matters! There is a little "timegap" when the video starts again. This "gap" is getting smaller the smaller the file you uploaded is. If you have 2 videos on Displays with dif. seize, they will get "out of sync."

I don´t think this will be a noteable effect with pictures. When you upload one picture after the other, they will not be in sync. But as soon you get out of the "room" and step back in (making the pictures load again) they will be in sync (more or less, maybe a few milli sec. out, but not noteable).

The problem is if someone hasn´t download the pictures and you want him to see them in sync. OR your picturesfiles are so big they make it "lag". It will not work very good...

But i have never tried to snyc. pictures, all i say i just noted with my Screens with the "Spacetravel" and the FishTanks.

GL mate!

Then, if understood well, the movie starts when you enter in the room where the display is... so 2 different persons that enter in the room with some seconds of difference will see the same movies but with audio and image related at the time when they entered in the room.

In my case uploading 3 pictures around 200-300Kb on every screen shouldn't be a problem have them synchronized since they are "small" for a good web connection.

Well having an Art Gallery with tens of (PC) Signs, I consider myself "advanced" PC-er :D if not expert.

I doubt you will have any kind of problems with Signs.

But if I understand you properly, you want to work with several pictures (each split to 3 parts) which will be gradually swapped for each other (such as on RL Billboards, which "rollover" to show progressively 3 different ads).

For this you need Screens or Displays (PC enabled), Signs will not do.

And yes, I think you might have there a problem, since those 3 pictures will upload at different times (when you visit a location and come to their vicinity) hence there is a big chance they will get out of sync and your system will not work. Sorry, mate :(

Get a Gigantium Sign instead of 3 Smaller Signs and your probs are sorted ;)

I'll try to do the images more small that I can.
Thx for the gigantium sisn advice HvSW but my plan is cover a whole wall and 3 megaview screens work well ;)

:woot: I got a official answer

20 Aug 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

We have spoken with our developers and it seems that it will probably be hard to get the change of images completely synchronized. The system is not designed such a way. However, it might be possible to get the images to change with a few seconds delay.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Not very fast but satisfactory

Back