Question for VISA/Mastercard depositors

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
Several months ago, I had to update my VISA information because my expiration date changed. This is the same card with the same account numbers that I have been using since I started playing, and I have updated it successfully before.

The only way I could find to update the expiration date was to remove it, and then re-add it with the new info. Things were fine for a while, with only a small glitch one weekend. Eventually, though, it quit working permanently. I filed a support case and MA blamed it on their "security system" and suggested I try using a different card. I haven't really bothered, because I've had other things to do. But, it seems like a fair amount of other people have also had this problem.

So, here's my question-

Has anyone successfully updated or added a VISA or Mastercard since last September?

I only ask because I'm trying to figure out the rest of the story. I'm wondering if there is some common element here. The card I use is a VISA debit card and I know that my financial institution uses an intermediary bank for processing incoming funds transfers from overseas. I have to use a different bank when I make withdrawls. One of these days, I'll try adding that card to my account and see if it works.

Mostly, I am curious as to why MA has not bothered to fix the issue yet.

You may recall that in 2011, MA implemented 3-D Secure for card transactions.

I'm wondering if that's related to your issue.

At the time they said:
...Accounts with newly registered cards: How deposits are made depends on whether the card is verified or not, see above bullets. From now on, the registration of a new card has to be carried out via the Entropia Universe website...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...205799-Entropia-Universe-11-5-6-Release-Notes

If your card isn't Verified by Visa or whatever, perhaps that might be something to consider?

I am trying to think here. When I was in the United States I had one of my Visa cards here to use, never had problems. Now that I moved to the Netherlands I added another card only for the fact that I get cash back with all my transactions. The first day I tried to use it, I did have a problem and thought my bank had put a hold on it since my bank is still in the United States but I am on their books as living here and sometimes with some transactions they will not allow it if they don't recognize the company , it has been a safety factor until I call them and gripe that I did indeed tried to use that card and nobody stole it (pain in my butt actually but I have been part of CC fraud so actually I should not complain), but to get back, I used the card the next day and think that the transaction did not go through because it was LAG in EU. I had that happen before. So basicly I was able to add a new card and I didn't have troubles and this was AFTER SEPTEMBER.

Hope you get things settled, I know how it can suck when you want to deposit and you can't.

You may recall that in 2011, MA implemented 3-D Secure for card transactions.

I'm wondering if that's related to your issue.

At the time they said:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...205799-Entropia-Universe-11-5-6-Release-Notes

If your card isn't Verified by Visa or whatever, perhaps that might be something to consider?

That 3d secure thing is, I suspect, part of the DIBS problems people are having too... I'm not sure about this, but I think the 3d secure thing works on the website, but not in game, so what happens is half a transaction goes through in game, so the money goes out of the account, but since the 3d part doesn't happen in game it's not an official deposit that Mindark can count on the pedcards... so transaction goes in to limbo until MA finally fixes it. Also, I think around the time 3d secure thing started up is when prepaid visa gift cards started not working so much... the 3d secure has no way to work on a prepaid visa card.... it'd be good if Mindark/Dibs could bypass the 3d secure for gift cards, but apparently they don't have a clue how to make their own 'secure' system do that to ensure 'security' of the cash and that it's either in the bank it started in or in game... so the money goes in to limbo or just never goes in game at all.

Several months ago, I had to update my VISA information because my expiration date changed. This is the same card with the same account numbers that I have been using since I started playing, and I have updated it successfully before.

The only way I could find to update the expiration date was to remove it, and then re-add it with the new info. Things were fine for a while, with only a small glitch one weekend. Eventually, though, it quit working permanently. I filed a support case and MA blamed it on their "security system" and suggested I try using a different card. I haven't really bothered, because I've had other things to do. But, it seems like a fair amount of other people have also had this problem.

So, here's my question-

Has anyone successfully updated or added a VISA or Mastercard since last September?

I only ask because I'm trying to figure out the rest of the story. I'm wondering if there is some common element here. The card I use is a VISA debit card and I know that my financial institution uses an intermediary bank for processing incoming funds transfers from overseas. I have to use a different bank when I make withdrawls. One of these days, I'll try adding that card to my account and see if it works.

Mostly, I am curious as to why MA has not bothered to fix the issue yet.

Yup, when I came back in December I removed my old card (expired a couple years ago) and added my new visa. Works perfectly... for MA's bank ;)

That 3d secure thing is, I suspect, part of the DIBS problems people are having too... I'm not sure about this, but I think the 3d secure thing works on the website, but not in game, so what happens is half a transaction goes through in game, so the money goes out of the account, but since the 3d part doesn't happen in game it's not an official deposit that Mindark can count on the pedcards... so transaction goes in to limbo until MA finally fixes it. Also, I think around the time 3d secure thing started up is when prepaid visa gift cards started not working so much... the 3d secure has no way to work on a prepaid visa card.... it'd be good if Mindark/Dibs could bypass the 3d secure for gift cards, but apparently they don't have a clue how to make their own 'secure' system do that to ensure 'security' of the cash and that it's either in the bank it started in or in game... so the money goes in to limbo or just never goes in game at all.

It may be different in other countries, but here in Australia, activation of Verified by Visa for a card is done through the financial institution that issues the card (ie your bank).

I really wish people would do a simple forum search.. I've answered this question many times already..

Anyways what you need to do is delete the old card and add the new card. After you do that you need to scan them a copy of your card with all of the numbers blotted out except for the last 6 and then also scan them a copy of your drivers license (front back) or some sort of identification such as a valid passport. This will speed up the process and will allow you to keep your deposit limit and not "flag" your account for "suspicious" activity.

~Danimal

Last edited:
It may be different in other countries, but here in Australia, activation of Verified by Visa for a card is done through the financial institution that issues the card (ie your bank).
right... and with prepaid cards, the card itself has some fake name on it and you don't know the actual address... or the bank info for who owns the real card other than the company info or website for activation... so the secure thing that works for checking visa card's registered user info doesn't work... so it messes up dibs, etc. I think?

I really wish people would do a simple forum search..

Well, I went back through all of your posts since last August and found nothing related to this topic. I also did a search for any posts you made with the word "remove" and came up with nothing applicable, so maybe you can help me out...

Are you saying that the card which I have been using since I started,
which I had previously updated a couple of times over the years,
which I removed and updated last fall,
which worked for weeks after I updated it, and then suddenly stopped working...

needs to be removed, yet again,
added, yet again,
scanned, along with my ID,
faxed to MA,
even though they have not asked me to do so,
even though they most likely still have the picture of both items on file...

and then my card will begin working again?

Or did I miss something?

Well, I went back through all of your posts since last August and found nothing related to this topic. I also did a search for any posts you made with the word "remove" and came up with nothing applicable, so maybe you can help me out...

Are you saying that the card which I have been using since I started,
which I had previously updated a couple of times over the years,
which I removed and updated last fall,
which worked for weeks after I updated it, and then suddenly stopped working...

needs to be removed, yet again,
added, yet again,
scanned, along with my ID,
faxed to MA,
even though they have not asked me to do so,
even though they most likely still have the picture of both items on file...

and then my card will begin working again?

Or did I miss something?

Yes you need to do all of that again to avoid any delays (even though they don't ask for it)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...someone-else&p=2978748&viewfull=1#post2978748

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...n-Card-Limit&p=2960280&viewfull=1#post2960280

To avoid any problems in adding your new card just verify it with your credentials and card and it will be added asap so that you may use it right away.

~Danimal

Subscribing so I remember ;)

Ok, so I read both of those threads and I'm not sure that this really applies to my situation. However, sometime when I am really bored, I will do some experimenting based on what you, Serica, and the others have mentioned. I know that there were a few isolated instances where I had to do the verified by VISA thing on other sites. I also know that there were a couple of weird holds on my account during all of this. It seems awfully stupid, though, that the support team would not have mentioned this when I, and many others, filed support cases over this issue.

I can`t add new Visa card to my profile on planetcalypso.com, is it normal in these dark times ? :scratch2:

Something definitely broke a few months back with Visa/MC, I personally could not deposit for several months. There were a few others who had this same issue as well. I tried it again last week and it worked, so whatever happened has been fixed, for me at least.

So there is a very good chance that while you are running around trying desperately to get things fixed for MA, that MA has the issue somewhere on their end. My banks told me from the start months ago it was their end, even went off to refer it to the fraud dept due to the suspicious replies from the bank MA uses.

Id still keep up the effort just in case, but I suspect there is nothing wrong on your end.

Good luck either way, it sure sucks.

I would not be surprised to see batches of depositers unable to deposit at various times for chunks. Reduces MA's total liabilities. But that's probably just the conspiracy theorist in me talkin'. )

I haven't tried adding a new card....however both my cards, seem to give intermittent errors. whether its dibs, ma or visa, or the communication between all 3...something locks up, I get a error. money is removed from my bank account, and no ped is received.

First time it happened MA returned the money to my bank 13 days latter. (was a transfer fee to reclaim my money as well)....This is not cool to me :scratch2:

Second time it happened, I made a point in my support ticket to kinda scream, I DO NOT WANT A REFUND please instead credit my avatar the XXX.XX peds from my deposit transaction.

Surprisingly and very happily I might add, that's just what they did....they credited my ped flow center in like 2-3 days max. was very speedy compared to some support tickets...and most importantly I got my peds! (which I quickly gave back on foma lol)

So if you get a error depositing, perhaps if you specify you want peds, support will let you skip the 2 weeks of back and forth bank BS...it was the first time in history I was 100% satisfied with support lol.

So if you get a error depositing, perhaps if you specify you want peds, support will let you skip the 2 weeks of back and forth bank BS...it was the first time in history I was 100% satisfied with support lol.

The bs is not caused by MA in some cases, i had yet another dibs- error this month on the 11th, contacted my bank and they told me the refund won't go tru unless the company that was receiving the money sends a fax/mail/whatnot asking for it to be released for refund, if this is not done it will take 20 days for the system to automatically refund. Seems like in my case ma asked for refund straight away, but my bank does not recognize the request? :scratch2:

Anyone in U.S. use the Paysafe card? I haven't had problems with dibs, but I don't want to push my luck by keep using it as it seems the problems people are having haven't really stopped... Is Paysafe any more reliable? According to their website they should be available in quite a few places nearby...

Anyone in U.S. use the Paysafe card? I haven't had problems with dibs, but I don't want to push my luck by keep using it as it seems the problems people are having haven't really stopped... Is Paysafe any more reliable? According to their website they should be available in quite a few places nearby...

Well I know Roni uses Paysafe here in the netherlands and never has problems with it at all. Never heard of it in the United States though. (which doesn't mean anything).....

Back