Question: Question regarding loot waves - Doesn't mining get boring waiting for the wave ?

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
I would like to find out from other players if it gets a bit boring ingame waiting for the next loot wave to happen ?

No one wants to patriciate in any activity in this game when there is no chance of a reward and I just find the waiting game quite boring and dull.....

I would like to find out from other players if it gets a bit boring ingame waiting for the next loot wave to happen ?

No one wants to patriciate in any activity in this game when there is no chance of a reward and I just find the waiting game quite boring and dull.....
You mean compared to the riveting and exciting gameplay loop that mining is the rest of the time?

/sarcasm

You mean compared to the riveting and exciting gameplay loop that mining is the rest of the time?

/sarcasm
Anything is better than the constant NRF

I mostly just don’t mine the LA60 server, so waiting for waves isn’t really a concern. Even when I do stop over there, I’ll sometimes keep mining when the TT returns are good even if it’s just lyst/oil.

Last edited:
If you are only mining waves for higher mu ores then that is boring Mining for 6 mins each hour, better off mining the whole hour and hitting hofs on tt ore/enm to make up the difference and have more fun, or go hunt or something in between if u only want to do waves.

Bots don't get bored

Fix your game, or pay the non cheating players out.

HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS? ♟️

The one thing I found that was beneficial between the waves was being able to play other games in the afk wave off downtime 👍

I just quit logging into the game altogether. Solved that problem!

I tried the loot wave mining on a LA a little some time ago. I can understand why people do it but really there are tons of resources out there to be found that don't cycle in the same way those other LA specific resources do. My most recent profitable run was just knowing where the right resources were located to take advantage of a market value trending upwards. Plus those select resource mining waves happen outside of LA as well. I've stumbled across quite a few of them when trekking all over Calypso.

i said once , said again

Problems with wave
Help bot players have no doubts none have enough patience for manual doing this
Control you time to gameplay... hey i wish play 1h now because need sleep/work ok enjoy you five minute gameplay with luck
Generate Less decay , money to mindark
You have 0 reason to keep progress and work out in you skills . if wave is on none matter you even can hit redulite with F103 yes stupid rigth?
Also create artificial increase in ore price that not represent actual Demand

OFF TOPIC
Since 28.08.19 Minning RTP is 90% that happen overnigth without patch or server down and since this day MU change little bit across aboard that not good enough to represent new reality
that make wave even more mandatory to avoid big loss , to not say if you mine in taxed area you ......

Last 2yr i asked mindark swap back to RTP 95(most online cassino have RTP 96.50 and fews slots have RTP 99) and END with waves , so far only solution i found is logoff and fews times of years do fews drop to see if this game worth my time again

Who i am?
Just useless rank 105 prospector , and 98 suveryor 46 treasure... that mine mainly over last 13 years with over 5 milion ped cycled

Last edited:
Waves are meant for amps. You need big amps. It is not designed for Small amp or unamped play.... that just becomes time wasteful.

When I run waves, it's usually drop probes nonstop, then takes me sometime to pickup. and by the time am done, next wave is around the corner. Not as much waiting :)

Waves are meant for amps. You need big amps. It is not designed for Small amp or unamped play.... that just becomes time wasteful.

When I run waves, it's usually drop probes nonstop, then takes me sometime to pickup. and by the time am done, next wave is around the corner. Not as much waiting :)

🤫

Not to be rude, but I disagree. You will do much better on waves with a basic sized amp, up to lvl 4. Just because you have a big amp on does not mean you will get bigger claims of the wave resource. There are obvious caps on these resources. The system will ignore your amp completely. This is the single, biggest change in the mining system to date imo. Your big amp is simply ignored and you will get a nrf or big claim of a lower mu resource. Your best bet is to not chase waves and carry on mining as you always did in order to get your expected returns. If you only chase waves, you will almost never get consistent returns. I can not speak to the experience of players who cycle tens of thousands of ped per month, they might have an altogether different experience. All I know is we do not see regular towers of resources with high mu that are usually obtained during a wave.

I was mining non stop at start at rig so wont be that boring. When a lot of new ppls came i did some wave shit.

Funny is there is a cap on waves. I finished pyrite at rig when was there and i used to get 80-120 peds per wave (first when was added was 300 tt-long wave) or sometimes the entire wave. There were periods when i was hitting this cap. Wave was starting i was getting 10 ped pyrite and rest belk and full of nrfs. Then when all pyrite was mined > i was getting claim after claim of caldo. I recall i had this 3-4 times or even more because at start during nights i was alone and nrfs were insane.

Not to be rude, but I disagree. You will do much better on waves with a basic sized amp, up to lvl 4. Just because you have a big amp on does not mean you will get bigger claims of the wave resource. There are obvious caps on these resources. The system will ignore your amp completely. This is the single, biggest change in the mining system to date imo. Your big amp is simply ignored and you will get a nrf or big claim of a lower mu resource. Your best bet is to not chase waves and carry on mining as you always did in order to get your expected returns. If you only chase waves, you will almost never get consistent returns. I can not speak to the experience of players who cycle tens of thousands of ped per month, they might have an altogether different experience. All I know is we do not see regular towers of resources with high mu that are usually obtained during a wave.

Nah, Caly waves are big amp friendly I get size 6-11 belkars/putty/redu/others regularly amped. Some other waves are different. Ex: frakkit is locked. But if you mine frakkite or low amp stuff, you won't be able to supply volume, and thus earn less per time spent.

From my experience. there's no long term tt difference between unamped and big amp. That's a myth, and it's untrue.

115% and cycle 4k tt a day waved vs unamped and do 130% at 500 tt for same time spent on top waves, or 120% at 1k tt if you hate waves unamped.

Last edited:

It depends on which waves you are talking about.

Usually at a normal rate there is a mini wave once an hour with a duration of about 5-7 minutes. But in my opinion from my experience, these waves cover only a certain object in the game.
If there is no activity during this cycle of 50-60 minutes in the area you are very likely you will not even realize that
there is another wave, because the pad does not come from the game but from the players.

There is another type of wool that is once every 5-7 days. Its duration is about 5 hours. Especially on Calypso, the spam from the globals during this period in the Global Tab is much bigger than in the trade channel ... can you imagine ...

The above two waves have their own opinion and do not depend on each other. They are just two different cycles. And this, in my opinion, is just a return from the TT system from a previous period. That is. if there is not enough ped during the period, the duration may be 5 hours, but the value will be lower or higher.

These waves depend a lot on the activity in the game, which is increasingly decreasing from the pointless dynamic ranges that are currently. As you can see, you may be at a loss for even a month if you miss this period because you are at work or sleeping.

I once gave an example with an elastic band that I think is appropriate. If you bend an elastic band, its saturation is greater and it is shorter. But if you stretch it, its length is greater and less saturated. If we liken the elastic to the beginning and end of a cycle, then its total volume is always the same, but if this length is different, then there is no change in our activity, because in most cases we use the same finder or weapon and therefore the loss are bigger.

On the other hand, the loot, except for the most common, is also periodic. If during a certain period there is not enough value for this rare loot, the chance for it is simply zero. But the interesting thing is that the system never gives the rare object to the one who plays for it. In order to find a rare object, someone else must have this lost value that is required for it .... I want to say that all this is a paradox that is well thought out, but does not work but self-destructs, so I will say that is an ill-considered parody.

Good luck and do not forget that the information is free, ie. i do it for likes and don't include a friend's LA and crude oils.

It depends on which waves you are talking about.

Usually at a normal rate there is a mini wave once an hour with a duration of about 5-7 minutes. But in my opinion from my experience, these waves cover only a certain object in the game.
If there is no activity during this cycle of 50-60 minutes in the area you are very likely you will not even realize that
there is another wave, because the pad does not come from the game but from the players.

There is another type of wool that is once every 5-7 days. Its duration is about 5 hours. Especially on Calypso, the spam from the globals during this period in the Global Tab is much bigger than in the trade channel ... can you imagine ...

The above two waves have their own opinion and do not depend on each other. They are just two different cycles. And this, in my opinion, is just a return from the TT system from a previous period. That is. if there is not enough ped during the period, the duration may be 5 hours, but the value will be lower or higher.

These waves depend a lot on the activity in the game, which is increasingly decreasing from the pointless dynamic ranges that are currently. As you can see, you may be at a loss for even a month if you miss this period because you are at work or sleeping.

I once gave an example with an elastic band that I think is appropriate. If you bend an elastic band, its saturation is greater and it is shorter. But if you stretch it, its length is greater and less saturated. If we liken the elastic to the beginning and end of a cycle, then its total volume is always the same, but if this length is different, then there is no change in our activity, because in most cases we use the same finder or weapon and therefore the loss are bigger.

On the other hand, the loot, except for the most common, is also periodic. If during a certain period there is not enough value for this rare loot, the chance for it is simply zero. But the interesting thing is that the system never gives the rare object to the one who plays for it. In order to find a rare object, someone else must have this lost value that is required for it .... I want to say that all this is a paradox that is well thought out, but does not work but self-destructs, so I will say that is an ill-considered parody.

Good luck and do not forget that the information is free, ie. i do it for likes and don't include a friend's LA and crude oils.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange.

The game could have multiple systems that layer on top of each other, but is it worth-while unraveling it when it could change the very next day...

How many given deposits exist in a set area ?
On what layer ?
How spaced out are they ?
Do they follow some sort of law or are they just spawned randomly ?
Do we even care ?

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange.

The game could have multiple systems that layer on top of each other, but is it worth-while unraveling it when it could change the very next day...

How many given deposits exist in a set area ?
On what layer ?
How spaced out are they ?
Do they follow some sort of law or are they just spawned randomly ?
Do we even care ?

Regardless of the logic that follows the program, there are so-called "conditional statements" and "exceptions", that can turn any investigation you make into an illogical turn. Therefore, personally I am interested in the behavior of the system at a given time, not the accuracy of these algorithms. Even if you see a resemblance to a law, do not think that it will always work the way you expect, but it will still give you an advantage over the one who does not.

Entropia is the game after all, and Mindark has done enough to suggest through these behaviors, when actions are good and when they are not... they call it dynamic rate. And if you pay attention to the hints I gave you above, it will be easier for you to understand the game and reduce the presumed losses you will have until you understand this. Just pay attention while you do something, that's all.

I do not believe that anyone can or knows the accuracy of the questions you ask. If I can define it in few words...
If the system eats a lot of ped ... it will eat a lot of ped.
If the system gives you a ped, it has eaten a lot of peds from someone else.

The only thing that interests me is not to fall for the 1st behavior, everything else in my opinion is luck and EntropiaLife research, because we cant know exactly values for each item/mob/BP in the system.

Back