Questions for Christian Bjorkman

Dion Red Strike

Stalker
Society
SoF
Dion Red Strike
Hi!

I will be interviewing Christian Bjorkman next week. As per my usual method of madness, I'm asking the community for additional questions.

Christian Bjorkman is the Director of Special Projects. At this point in time, I only know that he helped work on the Maria Story....

As usual, lets keep the questions more positive than negative, and preferably directly related to his job, or him personally.

~Red

I thought for sure this would be jumped on like white on rice....

How about "Who the hell are you and what do you do?"

The "Maria" Project was no doubt exciting for MA and the Swedish audience that happened to watch the show and are Entropia participants. While grabbing headlines and geting Entropia mentioned in the same paragraph as Emmy nominations is cool, it promoted the product but really didn't grab the international audience that the colonists of Calypso are made of. Are there any plans to promote further tie-ins that will be globally recognizable rather than within the boundaries of one nation?

We're happy to see new features but they are meaninginless without some context to frame them within. When will the player/customer/participant/colonist see more of the story that connects to the exciting and captivating backstory already established by Project Entropia? What are MA's plans to embellish the core story of the conquest of Calypso and the Robot War?

- Are there special uniforms for special employees in the special projects team?

- Can he reveal a hint about upcomming SP's?

- How about a SP including online/RL hints, a treasure token to be found in real life and an online reward?

- Where did the ideas for previous SP's come from?

- Are there any ongoing SP's which were just not fully discovered by the player base yet? (... ahh the Egg...)

- Does he prefer cats or dogs or aurli?

Sbi

is there any honest or more true reasoning as to why it seems many events are lost in time .... robot attacks on towns ... feffoids swarming fort troy ... it often seems that some of the smaller and "fun" events in entropia do not happen anymore yet im sure that many "colonists" wouldnt mind there being a little more "excitement" or "adventure" in the EU world. especially since we are to assume the setting of war and colonization of a new planet.

to the question: what would be the likelyness of these sorts of mini events returning to EU?

this is assuming the fact that things of this nature are a reasonable question for special projects persons

Did the company behind the Maria story approach MindArk first, or was it the other way around?

How much time did it take to prepare Entropia for the Maria story after the initial discussions?

What lessons do you think MindArk learned from its involvement with the Maria story? (Part of my thinking behind this question was the appearance, disappearance then reappearance of the angel statue on the mountain north of Orthos. However, I would be very interested in other aspects of the project they may have learned from)

Without wanting to be negative I would also appreach him about the Maria story...

- do they realise that this event was just a media gimmick but totally targeted at the wrong audience ? SCI FI MMO game players don't want soap stories in their game play ...

- why are the events no coherently aligned and never finished ? (the Egg???)

I had this idea a while back:"
When I first heard about PE I was very exciting about the idea of finding hidden treasure and caches. But seems MA never integrated such a thing in PE. In the trailer with Sarah King such treasures appear.

I use to love Indiana Jones movies. I`d like to see the archeologist proffesion in PE. Some specialized tools to find hidden treasures in the ground, there might even be maps founded in loots to point out to the location of the treasure. Even
pieces of maps hidden in the ground that put together could reveal the location of the treasure. Something to make it exciting. And maybe find unique items this way, some special items that can be found only by archeology.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ea-about-new-profession-project-entropia.html

I know it`s not entirely event related, but treasure hunting could be real fun and might be event like oriented. For example finding treasure maps in loots that an archeologist could use to dig up for treasure using metal detectors. Also maybe maybe parts of maps in loots that one could piece together to create a treasure map that would lead to really to a really big find such as DNA parts of ancient extinct mobs maybe or old alien technology.

Guess question would be. Would there be such plans for integrating a quest like proffesion such as archeologist and create events based on that?( there are hunting and pvp events atm, why not diversify the event spectrum)

What does that even mean? xD what does he do? :laugh:

What does that even mean? xD what does he do? :laugh:

It's funny you should say that....

I got this in a reply email from Christian...
Correction, however, I did not have anything to do with the Marika story per se, it was Magnus Eriksson, who you probably will interview later that did most of the work on that.

Soooo, this interview shall be quite the interesting one... I'm not entirely sure of what his job entails, which makes me a bit more excited to interview him... For all we know, he could be the man behind the egg :O

On a side note, My next interview...

Dion: Hey Marco, can I interview 'John Smith'
Marco: Sure!
Dion: Cool! Now... umm.. what exactly does John Smith do?
Marco: He's the Janitor!
Dion: Ok... umm....questions to ask..."Who has the dirtiest desk?"
Marco: I can answer that one.... ME!

~Red

In one of the chat's I seem to remember that Marco indicated that MindForce and Taming were seen as areas which MA saw as needing updating and that you would focus on them - this was some time back - will the update/ changes occur within the next six months?

I gotta listen to this. I really want to know what the director of special projects actually do :scratch2: Hopefully he does a lot and not just sneaks around at the MA office :laugh:

It's funny you should say that....

I got this in a reply email from Christian...

Soooo, this interview shall be quite the interesting one... I'm not entirely sure of what his job entails, which makes me a bit more excited to interview him... For all we know, he could be the man behind the egg :O

On a side note, My next interview...

Dion: Hey Marco, can I interview 'John Smith'
Marco: Sure!
Dion: Cool! Now... umm.. what exactly does John Smith do?
Marco: He's the Janitor!
Dion: Ok... umm....questions to ask..."Who has the dirtiest desk?"
Marco: I can answer that one.... ME!

~Red

"And now, John, do you have any nice secret documents you would like to show us for a small bribe?" :rolleyes:

Ask this question to someone: "It has been stated that everyone at MA has their own avatar, is this applying to the cleaners too?" :D

Special Projects...does this mean the nice dinners and events in real life or in game special projects?

If in game SP is he who has pushed for all the special events that have been happening lately, the things for newbies, the RX unit attacks and such? Will there be more of these and can we see an invasions type event in one of the major cities that everyone can take part in as a whole group and not split up into newbies and ubers?

If rl is there any plans to tour any major US cities for promoitional events. If so is there a schedule of events so people who are interested can start making plans to attend.

~Kate~

Q - What exactly is the difference between a normal project, and a "special" project, and do special projects come in a red folder?

Hmm Christer Björkman - Isnt that the guy who are specialized at Eurovision Song contest ? :scratch2:

I'd like to ask if MindArk have any vacancies for Story-Writers. I'll work for PEDs:)

Hurrikane

It will be good to know what is he really do, Special Projects is kinda vague, he'll probably respond : "I cannot comment this" or "I don't know many about this.." on many questions, if Q's aren't related to his duties.

It will be good to know what is he really do, Special Projects is kinda vague, he'll probably respond : "I cannot comment this" or "I don't know many about this.." on many questions, if Q's aren't related to his duties.

I'm a dynamic interviewer ;) I'll make shit up as I go along :p

One thing I can say is the interviews are always interesting, informatative and entertaining.

Red your getting good at improv.

I'd like to ask if MindArk have any vacancies for Story-Writers. I'll work for PEDs:)

Hurrikane

Same ;) unless you will need to make a new avatar for that :rolleyes:

What special projects are in the pipeline that you can inform us about?

Other than CryEngine 2 and the new Chinese planet(s), are there other 'special projects' in the near future that are close to launch that will be exciting for current EU inhabitants? If so, when could we start seeing these projects affecting our virtual lives?

(feel free to elaborate on specifics on said projects) ;)

Hi!

Christian Bjorkman is the Director of Special Projects. At this point in time, I only know that he helped work on the Maria Story....

Oh...really? In that case, I'd say do the following:

*smack him upside the head*

"What the *HELL* were you thinking bringing this anachronistic, boring, RL soap-opera to our world? Implementation, execution, and conclusion were about as weak anything I have ever seen in any game! From the kibbitzing, know-it-alls practically dragging us along their script on EF, to the whimpering finish, this was a waste of time for any MA employee involved in this, be it coding for the datamatrices to answering the phone when the Maria people called...to say nothing for all the players who had to endure this mind-fuck!"

(and belive it or not, this is me being more positive than negative about that subject...seriously)

If he did anything else besides the Maria-fiasco, I would be interested to hear about it...;)

Last edited:
bump, I'll be doing this interview tomorrow

Would be fun to know if there are any special projects scheduled for anytime soon - or if there might be one at the release of CE2.

And the usual; How long have you been with Mindark? Have you worked at any interesting place before Mindark? What other projects, at Mindark, have you been working on besides the TV+internet thingy? What's your favourite color? etc..

It's Marika, not Maria. :naughty:

whats going on with Neverdies Pirate thing? is that under his area?

Due to a sudden change in Christians real life scheduling, this interview has been postponed until next week.

Questions still can be added :)

~Red

Back