RDI Secret Lab - some info

I bumped up my engineering to just over the 2500 mark (like 2500.75) and was able to get the buff from the first terminal!
U need more than 2700 to open 2nd control panel in B1

If it really is based on Engineering points, then I think it would be the first time that a skill requirement has been based on an individual skill, rather than a profession level.

U need more than 2700 to open 2nd control panel in B1
I like that they start using skillrequirements for certain missions, it will give more skills a baseline value. The hacking devices on ark moon had a skillcheck involved wiht them too. Hope they will add higher requirements for better buffs / better missions.

I made a few edits in the OP.

One other thing I've noticed is that if someone on the team dies during a stage, if the rest of the team completes the stage and kill all the mobs, the doors will open and the player that died will be able to re-enter for the next stage. Is that correct?

It can be a profession I guess. maybe Electronics or Mechanical Engineer... I bought a 9 ped tt electronics that boosted many levels for me

Updated the OP again with more info

Thanks Evey for streaming the instance runs you did tonight with messi and Fallivrin. I have noted the hp from the scans you did and made some additional observations.

I've basically re-written the first post in this thread to reflect these new observations. Please have a look and let me know if you see something that's wrong.

Cheers,

Legends

Sector A1 and Sector B1 seem very similar in design. The areas and mobs appear to be very similar. Sector C1 is not yet released.

First Area (Tezlapod):
Your team will need 50 Triphased Wires to get your "free" buffs and do the first wave (3 rounds of Sampling TZ-xx)

In order to unlock the terminal that gives the buffs, you need someone with >2500 Engineering skill.

For your "free" buffs you need Animal Eye Oil, Thyroid Oil and Muscle Oil, 10 ped of each. You will receive 10 ped of shrapnel back for each one, which is why it can be considered "free". You have to have these in order to continue to the next area so bring those oils with you.

The 3rd stage of Sampling TZ-xx has 2 bosses (level 691 or 832, I think the level you will get depends on the dps or hp of your team), so be careful not to aggro both of them at the same time. Your team can stand in the corner to avoid aggroing more than one at a time. These are believed to do 100% Electric damage. They have a ton of regen so make sure to have adequate DPS on your team. The Level 832 has 12k hp, but that hardly means anything because he regens ~20% every 10 seconds or so.

Second Area (Calamusoid):
After the 3rd round of Tezlapod you go next door and enter your Profiled A1 key in order to enter the Coliseum (next area). Each member of the team has to have a key for this. In the next area there will be 3 rounds of Calamusoids:

The first round will be either 6 Middle weight Calamusoids with lots of hp regen (here again the level of mobs could vary depending on how strong your team is), or 1 Super Heavyweight Formasoid SH-15. Their damage types are assumed to be the same as the Calamusoids found outside in the swamps. The Level 362 Formasoid SH-15 has 162k hp.

The 2nd round will be Tezlasoids, either a bunch of Middle weight, or 1 Super Heavyweight Tezlasoid SH-15. If the name means anything then these probably deal a certain amount of Electric damage. If this is the case it would appear that the Middle weight deals Electric in higher proportion than the Super Heavyweight does, probably because the Super Heavyweight has a clubbed hand which is believed to deal a combination of Impact/Cut damage. The Level 527 Tezlasoid SH-15 has 168k hp.

If you are not adequately protected against these guys, chances are that you will die here against the Middle weight. It would be a very good idea that at least one member of your team has a Divine Intervention and/or Rakzum's pouch here. H-DNA works as well.

The 3rd round will be a Super Heavyweight. This could be a Subject SH-14 Brawler, a Tezlasoid SH-15 or a Subject SH-40 Basher. These all 'function' differently. For example the Brawler has shields which need to be disabled by killing all the regular Calamusoids that spawn in groups of 5 at a time. During the time that his Shields are active, nobody will be able to deal him any damage. The Level 328 SH-14 Brawler has 144k hp.

The Tezlasoid seems to take turns being immune to the first 200 points or so of damage from one of your team members for 10 seconds, so for example if your gun would normally deal him 228 points of damage, he will only receive 28 points of damage while he is immune to your damage. However 100% of the damage from Critical hits seem to make it through so keep shooting anyway.

Seems that the Subject SH-40 Basher could appear in either round 2 or round 3. That guy gives you debuffs called 'Corroding' and 'Debilitated'. The Corroding debuff deals you 60 damage every 3 seconds but your armor can absorb some of this. This damage appears as white numbers above your health bar. The Debilitated debuff reduces the healing amount of your FAP by 90%. In addition to all that, the Basher hits pretty hard and you'll likely die if he crits you.

Super Heavyweight Name
Total amount of hp (from scan)
Special Characteristics
L362 Formasoid SH-15​
162k hp​
L527 Tezlasoid SH-15​
168k hp​
immune to the first ~200 points of dmg from 1 team member
(changes every 10 seconds)​
L328 Subject SH-14 Brawler​
144k hp​
Shields need to be disabled by eliminating
regular Calamusoids​
L476 Subject SH-40 Basher​
???​
'Corroding' and 'Debilitated' debuffs​

The Loot:
After the 3 rounds have been cleared, you enter the lab and loot the RDI Data units using a Private Lab Key you looted during the Calamusoid wave. These RDI Data units give you RDI Designs which can be turned in for Universal Ammo back at Fort Medusa.

Unlock the Control Panel with 50 Triphased Wires and go into the other room and from the Personal Storage Units there you will get 125 PED of Rubies and a Profiled B1 key. In addition to the B1 Safe Key which you will have likely looted in the Calamusoid waves, you will also need 375 Triphased Wires and 400 Garcent Lubricant for this so bring that with you.

Other things you should know:
- If you die during a wave and hit 'revive', you cannot re-enter the area until everyone is dead and has been revived outside or the round is cleared.
- Once everyone has died, you will all be able to re-enter the area.
- You start the stage you were on over again. So if you completed stage 1 or stage 2 already, you won't have to re-do it again.
- You won't need another key to continue.
- Do not leave the Secret Lab through the exit after you have given the key or you will have to give a new key again.
- Max team size is 6! So choose your team members wisely!

That's all the info I have at this time.

Legends

Last edited:
We did mostly B1 last night, mobs are a bit harder and the only change is that you can have Subject SH Dicer in 2nd round in A1 instead of Basher. We did 2 A1 runs for the Contract to Kill mission because there's no progress in B1, which I believe it's a bug.

- Sampling TZ level and other mobs level depends on which instance you are in, lower level Sampling for A1 and higher a you advance
- Corroding is acid damage.
- Last wave can be Survive, where you have to survive waves of 4 easy calamusoids for 10 minutes, while nerve gas debuff is applied. Nerve gas stacks up to 40 debuffs at which point it deals 120 damage every 3 seconds. You can reset the debff from a terminal that appears in the middle every time your debuff is over 6 stacks.
- Requirement to repair the control panels is most likely electronics engineering level
- in B1, mobs have ~ 20% buff in level, HP, dmg etc

Last edited:
What minimum Required Level would you think would be good for this instance?

Just asking for us normal mortals here:D Cause we had a plan to go with a group but seeing the level and dps from people here I think I might wait (like a year or 2 lol) And ty for all the info helps a bunch!

Thanks,

Wrench

What minimum Required Level would you think would be good for this instance?

Just asking for us normal mortals here:D Cause we had a plan to go with a group but seeing the level and dps from people here I think I might wait (like a year or 2 lol) And ty for all the info helps a bunch!

Thanks,

Wrench
Maybe form the best group you can and have a go at it? :)

Maybe form the best group you can and have a go at it? :)

Yeah, should be entertaining lol:D I mean I got some heavy hitters I can ask but am too low myself:D

Yeah, should be entertaining lol:D I mean I got some heavy hitters I can ask but am too low myself:D
I know what you mean.
A lot of people asked for a long time for some more content for end game, stuff to do for higher level, well, it's here, and it hurts :D - the middleweight calamusoids in wave 2 made me feel newbie last night :D

Alright that checks out.

I've re-watched your 7+ hour stream and was able to get more info still out of it (it's incredible how many details there are to look for, kudos to MA for this), so I've made several more changes to the Original Post in this thread.

I've elaborated a lot on the Loot you get at completion, seems to me like the payout isn't bad at all when you consider the price of Blazar these days. In B1 it's a 250 PED bonus at the end if you get a Safe Key, more if you loot precious stones with a high markup (wonder if Opals could drop in B1?).

Cheers,

Legends

Sector A1 and Sector B1 seem very similar in design. The mobs are slightly stronger in B1. Sector C1 is not yet released.

Sample Room (Tezlapod):
To unlock the terminal that gives you 'free' buffs, your team will need 50 Triphased Wires. You will get 6 PED TT back as Shrapnel so the cost for this is just the mu of the Triphased Wires. Note that in order to unlock the terminal that gives the buffs, you need someone with >2500 Engineering skill.

For your "free" buffs you need Animal Eye Oil, Thyroid Oil and Muscle Oil, 10 ped of each. You will receive 10 ped of shrapnel back for each one, which is why it can be considered "free". You have to have these in order to continue to the next area so bring those oils with you.

The 3rd stage of Sampling TZ-xx has 2 bosses (level 691 for Sector A1, level 832 for Sector B1), so be careful not to aggro both of them at the same time. Your team can stand in the corner to avoid aggroing more than one at a time. These are believed to do 100% Electric damage. They have a ton of regen so make sure to have adequate DPS on your team. The Level 832 has 12k hp, but that hardly means anything because he regens ~15% every 5 seconds. What this means is that 360 of your dps is being absorbed by his regen so if you want to be able to kill him, you need more than that (12,000*0.15/5=360 hp/sec).

Coliseum (Calamusoid):
After the 3rd round of Tezlapod you go next door and enter your Profiled A1 key in order to enter the Coliseum (next area). Each member of the team has to have a key for this. In the next area there will be 3 rounds of Calamusoids:

The first round will be either 6 Middle weight Calamusoids with lots of hp regen, or 1 Super Heavyweight Formasoid SH-15. Their damage types are assumed to be the same as the Calamusoids found outside in the swamps. The Level 362 Formasoid SH-15 has 162k hp. Each 'Vulnerability' debuff increases the damage you take by 2%, this debuff accumulates over time (stacks), so the longer it takes to kill him, the more extra damage you take. For example if you have accumulated 25 of these, you will take 50% more damage.

The 2nd round will be Tezlasoids, either 10 Middle weight, or 1 Super Heavyweight Tezlasoid SH-15. If the name means anything then these probably deal a certain amount of Electric damage. If this is the case it would appear that the Middle weight deals Electric in higher proportion than the Super Heavyweight does, probably because the Super Heavyweight has a clubbed hand which is believed to deal a combination of Impact/Cut damage. The Level 527 Tezlasoid SH-15 has 168k hp.

If you are not adequately protected against these guys, chances are that you will die here against the Middle weight. It would be a very good idea that at least one member of your team has a Divine Intervention and/or Rakzum's pouch here. H-DNA works as well.

The 3rd round will be either a Super Heavyweight or the 10 minute Survival round. The Super Heavyweight could be a Subject SH-14 Brawler, a Tezlasoid SH-15 or a Subject SH-40 Basher. These all 'function' differently. For example the Brawler has shields which need to be disabled by killing all the regular Calamusoids that spawn in groups of 5 at a time. There will be 9 spawns in total, L24 Champions for Sector A1, L25 Clan Warlords for Sector B1. During the time that his Shields are active, nobody will be able to deal him any damage. The Level 328 SH-14 Brawler has 144k hp.

The Tezlasoid SH-15 is vulnerable to the full damage from only 1 type of weapon at a time and this weakness changes every 10 seconds. It cycles through Firearms, Mindforce and then Close damage, in that order, and then starts again at Firearms. As for the 2 other weapon types that the Tezlasoid is not weak to, it seems that at least 125 points of damage is mitigated and only the remainder of the damage hits him. For the most efficient kill here every team member should switch to the weapon type which the Tezlasoid boss has a weakness to.

Seems that the Subject SH-40 Basher could appear in either round 2 or round 3. That guy gives you debuffs called 'Corroding' and 'Debilitated'. The Corroding debuff deals you 60 damage every 3 seconds but your armor can absorb some of this. This damage appears as white numbers above your health bar. The Debilitated debuff reduces the healing amount of your FAP by 90%. In addition to all that, the Basher hits pretty hard and you'll likely die if he crits you.

In the Survival round you have to survive for 10 minutes while wave after wave of Middle weight Formasoids spawn. They give a 'Nerve Gas' debuff which is handed out to every team member every 5 seconds and deals you 3 points of damage every 3 seconds. These 'Nerve Gas' debuffs accumulate (stack) over time which means that after 30 seconds for example, you will have 6 of these, effectively dealing you 18 points of damage every 3 seconds. The maximum stack is 40, which is 120 points of damage every 3 seconds. You can get rid of these 'Nerve Gas' debuffs by operating the panel that will appear in the center of the room from time to time. Operating the panel eliminates all the 'Nerve Gas' debuffs for everyone on your team. But of all possible spawns in the 3rd round I'd say this one is probably the easiest as these don't aggro until you shoot them which means you can pick at them one by one at your own pace.

SECTOR A1
Super Heavyweight
Total hp (estimated)
Special Characteristics
L300 Formasoid SH-10​
~130k hp​
'Vulnerability' and 'Debilitated' debuffs​
L??? Tezlasoid SH-10​
~135k hp​
Weakness to only 1 weapon type, i.e.: firearms, close, mindforce
L270 Subject SH-12 Strangler​
~115k hp​
Shields need to be disabled by eliminating the
L24 Calamusoid Champions (9 spawns in total)​
L??? Subject SH-30 Dicer​
~125k hp​
'Corroding' and 'Debilitated' debuffs ???​

Just from looking at these numbers, I would venture a guess that if your team doesn't have at least 400 dps (~65 dps per team member for a team of 6) there's no point even trying, it will be just too difficult.

SECTOR B1
Super Heavyweight
Total hp (from scan)
Special Characteristics
L362 Formasoid SH-15​
162k hp​
'Vulnerability' and 'Debilitated' debuffs​
L527 Tezlasoid SH-15​
168k hp​
Weakness to only 1 weapon type, i.e.: firearms, close, mindforce
L328 Subject SH-14 Brawler​
144k hp​
Shields need to be disabled by eliminating the
L25 Calamusoid Clan Warlords (9 spawns total)​
L476 Subject SH-40 Basher​
156k hp​
'Corroding' and 'Debilitated' debuffs​

For Sector B1, I would guess that anything less than at least 500 dps would just be practically impossible, so at least 80 dps per team member for a 6 men team. It will probably take a long time to kill some of these Super Heavyweights but it should be doable if you have adequate armor protection, a good FAP and some H-DNA. The hardest boss here is the Basher with his 'Corroding' and 'Debilitated' debuffs which can make it very hard to recover at times when your health is low. So a few MediStim in case you encounter that one would probably be advisable if your team is on the weak side.

The Loot:
The loot you get from the mobs in the instance is pretty standard: Shrapnel, Animal Oils (all of them except Brain Oil), Components, Calamusoid parts... The most interesting drops I've seen so far would be Calamusoid Cyst, Strengthened Metal Plating and Highly Volatile Fluid. There is a chance of getting a Safe Key which seems to be where the payoff is.

In addition to the standard loot you got from all the previous mob kills, you now enter the lab and loot the Data Storage Units using the Private Lab Keys you looted during the Calamusoid wave. These Data Storage Units give you RDI Designs which can be turned in for Universal Ammo back at Fort Medusa.

If you got a Safe Key, unlock the Control Panel with 50 Triphased Wires and go into the other room and from the Personal Storage Units there you will get:

Sector A1: 100 PED of Emeralds, 100 PED Shrapnel, 3k Blazar Fragments, RDI Designs and a Profiled B1 key.
Sector B1: 125 PED of Emeralds, Rubies or Diamonds, 125 PED Shrapnel, 5k Blazar Fragments, RDI Designs and a Profiled B1 key (should probably be a C1 key).

In addition to the Safe Key which you will have likely looted during the Calamusoid wave, you will also need 375 Triphased Wires (45 PED TT) and 400 Garcent Lubricant (80 PED TT) for this so bring that with you. (Note that a certain amount of Engineering skills is required to be able to unlock the Control Panel and open the door, it is unknown exactly how much but in Sector B1, it's more than 2700.)

Other things you should know:
- If you die during a wave and hit 'revive', you cannot re-enter the area until everyone is dead and has been revived outside or the round is cleared.
- Once everyone has died, you will all be able to re-enter the area.
- You start the stage you were on over again. So if you completed stage 1 or stage 2 already, you won't have to re-do it again.
- You won't need another key to continue.
- Do not leave the Secret Lab through the exit after you have given the key or you will have to give a new key again.
- Max team size is 6! So choose your team members wisely.

Best of luck to all,

Legends

The Backpack hasn't been discovered yet so no one really knows how to get it at this time.
The backpack is obtainable through Medusa NPC after competing a mission and handing over some materials. Among these materials are some Contracts that you can get doing dailies related to RDI Lab. you can get max 2 contracts a day and you need a total of 500 contracts so 250 days if you can do a few RDI labs a day. I'm not sure if it's intended or bug or if it would be easier in C1-C4 sectors, the amount of contracts needed is pretty sick.

Great info in this thread now, thank you all. Doesn't really sound like something I'd enjoy, but it's good to see new content people are engaging with.

This is still a laboratory with mutants, perhaps someone will soon need a person with knowledge of Genetics. Let me know if necessary, maybe I can help with my level. Good luck guys

It can be a profession I guess. maybe Electronics or Mechanical Engineer... I bought a 9 ped tt electronics that boosted many levels for me

It seems unlikely although not impossible it would be a single skill and not a profession like electronics engineer that is raised by chipping in engineering like some have.

The backpack is obtainable through Medusa NPC after competing a mission and handing over some materials. Among these materials are some Contracts that you can get doing dailies related to RDI Lab. you can get max 2 contracts a day and you need a total of 500 contracts so 250 days if you can do a few RDI labs a day. I'm not sure if it's intended or bug or if it would be easier in C1-C4 sectors, the amount of contracts needed is pretty sick.

So you get one of these contracts when you complete the RDI Lab? Do you get a contract only for Sector A1, or can you get them for completing Sector B1 as well?

So you get one of these contracts when you complete the RDI Lab? Do you get a contract only for Sector A1, or can you get them for completing Sector B1 as well?
you need to do a1 for that daily. not b1 - BUG imo

you need to do a1 for that daily. not b1 - BUG imo

Ok thanks again Evey, I've added that info to the First Post since this is a question many people have.

Is there best armor for this missions?
Also do you think it is good idea to have chat channel for people who want to make team to enter?

Is there best armor for this missions?
Also do you think it is good idea to have chat channel for people who want to make team to enter?

If you wanted to use only 1 armor, I think you'd have to go with either Perseus, Rutuba or Mayhem and then switch your plates from Electric to Acid accordingly.

But these all have a lot of Markup so what I'd be looking at is Thunderbird for the Tezlapods and the Middle weight Tezlasoids (if those are what you get in round 2 in the Coliseum), and then probably something like Spartacus w/Acid plates for the rest.

--
Chat channel, why not just hang out at Fort Medusa and spam local? I'd spam: Looking For Team for Sector A1 - pm if interested

I'm not sure that creating a new chat channel would work if no one knows that it exists... How would people find out about it?

Chat channel, why not just hang out at Fort Medusa and spam local? I'd spam: Looking For Team for Sector A1 - pm if interested

I'm not sure that creating a new chat channel would work if no one knows that it exists... How would people find out about it?
Someone may wait infront of the instance some in Fort Medusa, some may be mining and waiting for more people.
May be they can find from the forum.

Someone may wait infront of the instance some in Fort Medusa, some may be mining and waiting for more people.
May be they can find from the forum.

Sure give it a try, create a channel and try to get people to use it. If there was as many people using the RDI Lab chat channel as there are using #calytrade I would probably join it.

Back