Question: Read inside...

Falagor

Stalker
Society
NBK Rangers
Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
I was wondering if i should actually ask this question or mayby try it out first myself and then write results. But it seems that i will not be using MS for other reason than quick travel and will not have chance to actually test this... so... posting:

What happens if:
someone on MS board will die - i think it is possible to die there by flying up in quad/sleip in hangar area and jumping off (probably few times). Then he/she cancels reviving procedure and stays dead. Then MS gets attacked and destroyed. The main question is: is the person, that was dead on MS board, lootable? Or mayby he/she can now start the revive procedure anytime he/she wants and will revive probably on closesed space station?

I am not sure if this is even possible and if yes - probably this will be considered exploit. As long as there is log out option on MS i guess this is not exploit but "if" MA would decide to block it somehow - this would definelty be considered exploiting. I am sorry to post this in public but i have no chance to test it - so no way to actually report it (becasue i am not even sure if its possible to do).

If there is anyone curious too - please test it and post in here (or give me pm).
To properly test it - you would need to:

• get some lootable stuff (i.e. 1 lysterium stone) - for test purposes.
  • try to die on MS board and cancel reviving (not sure if possible)
  • wait for MS that you are on to be destroyed (i am sure mobs + pirate MS will help you out with this)
  • ask pirates to try and loot you ;).

Like i said - as long as there is still log out option - i do not think this could be used as any form of exploiting. And anyone who thinks "why the hell this is posted in here - if log out is blocked this will be used!". Think again - better to test and report this before than after log out change. "If" MA decides to block loging out there should do something about this too.

Falagor
:bandit:

Interesting question. I think i can answer it without any actual testing.

In order for a pirate to loot you, they have to kill you. If your already dead, you would indeed be unlootable. This can easily be observed by the fact that if a pirate cant get to you in time after blowing up your ship, you die and are safe from being looted. Also, I'm fairly certain you can indeed stop the revival process, so your exploit would most likely work. I could still test it of course, but ill have to do it later. I'll let you know after i do.

Interesting question. I think i can answer it without any actual testing.

In order for a pirate to loot you, they have to kill you. If your already dead, you would indeed be unlootable. This can easily be observed by the fact that if a pirate cant get to you in time after blowing up your ship, you die and are safe from being looted. Also, I'm fairly certain you can indeed stop the revival process, so your exploit would most likely work. I could still test it of course, but ill have to do it later. I'll let you know after i do.

That was my intuition on this too :laugh:. I would love to see someone testing this though - to make sure and to point out that blocking log out has other problem too ;).

Falagor

someone on MS board will die - i think it is possible to die there by flying up in quad/sleip in hangar area and jumping off (probably few times).

This is possible even without a vehicle. Just climb up to the highest point and jump down a couple of times. I did this when I was stuck on a ghost ship. (And it didn't help btw. I revived on the same ghost ship still unable to use the televators.)

This is possible even without a vehicle. Just climb up to the highest point and jump down a couple of times. I did this when I was stuck on a ghost ship. (And it didn't help btw. I revived on the same ghost ship still unable to use the televators.)

Was there a timer before you revived? Or was it instant revive: as when beeing killed by player in lootable pvp?

Falagor

Back